Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cleong

An Executive Maisonette In The Northeast

This is a log of renovations done to a 24 year old flat in Northeast Singapore. The before-and-after photos give a general idea of the condition of the flat and its eventual outcome. As we were on a budget, we avoided engaging an ID, some of the companies we approached were ID firms but we told them we did not need design input from them as we already had some things in mind. Hence there was generally no 3D drawings except for the kitchen layout.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

Dining room looking towards living room - before and after

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

Dining room - before and after

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

123_G.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

Kitchen entrance - before and after

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

Staircase - before and after

IMG_2118.jpg

Our place from the opposite block. This was after the windows were fitted.

Hi Cleong,

I like the way your house is done up! :) And thanks for sharing the pictures!

I just joined renotalk because we just bought an EM in the North and am really excited about it. Our concern is budget as well and we've been pondering if we should get an ID or a contracter to help us with it esp since $$ is a concern.

Would you mind sharing the contracter/ID that you got and the budget you spent? We'll be getting our keys by April this year.

Woah! Very nice.

cleong, think I have the exact same layout as yours.

can pay a house visit or not? :P

Wow, u have a beautiful staircase, can I know how much you spend for the glass staircase railings ? Really interested to build 1 like yours too...

Really nice house :)

Finally got around to taken some "lived in" photographs of my apartment, three months since we moved in :) I only had time and energy to take photos of the ground floor though.

IMG_7149.jpg

Living room with curtains from Jimmy Curtain

IMG_7151.jpg

Perspective view of living room

IMG_7156.jpg

Entrance to kitchen, with DIY LED counter lighting and KitchenAid Artisan taking pride of place

IMG_7168.jpg

Perspective view of kitchen layout showing washing machine and sink area

IMG_7170.jpg

Looking at the washing machine and cleaning material storage area

IMG_7171.jpg

Downstairs guest toilet

IMG_7175.jpg

More or less fully furnished home

IMG_7176.jpg

Dining room with recycled teak dining table set in natural finish

IMG_7177.jpgIMG_7178.jpg

Custom shoe cabinet next to front door (self designed and constructed to my specification)

wow your place looks for neat and clean!! like the uncluttedness..did u hv a lot of storage?? your kitchen looks good too!! envy so many cabinets!!

I have storage under the staircase, in the utility room, and also at the balcony. But more importantly we try not to keep clutter such as carton boxes of electronic products and such. Our fortnightly recycling bag is always full. I think my kitchen's configured pretty traditionally, where there's no open shelves or glass doors for practical reasons. Its not as contemporary as what an ID firm may produce, but it does the job and we're happy with the work area available as well as the storage spaces.

it's very well done, i think the lived in pictures look better than the just after-reno pictures!

especially like the kitchen tiles and stair case railing. thanks so much for sharing.

Finally got around to taken some "lived in" photographs of my apartment, three months since we moved in :) I only had time and energy to take photos of the ground floor though.

IMG_7156.jpg

Entrance to kitchen, with DIY LED counter lighting and KitchenAid Artisan taking pride of place

but your kitchen looks great and matches with the theme of the rest of the house~ :good: of course the KitchenAid is nice too hahaha :P and ya so many cabinets! envy! :lol:

I have storage under the staircase, in the utility room, and also at the balcony. But more importantly we try not to keep clutter such as carton boxes of electronic products and such. Our fortnightly recycling bag is always full. I think my kitchen's configured pretty traditionally, where there's no open shelves or glass doors for practical reasons. Its not as contemporary as what an ID firm may produce, but it does the job and we're happy with the work area available as well as the storage spaces.

wow cool..no wonder so neat..i also like my house to be free of clutter....your kitchen might not be contemporary but very functional. i also wanted something like yours but dun think i can do that coz my level 1 wc is in the way!! haiz...i like to have big work space in the kitchen as well.