Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xlan

Xl-dreamhouse

:notti: bored to death liao.. been waiting n waiting.. waiting for the house to build up since 2003.. now almost done.. n i still hv to wait for the design from my ID (Lance from Home Guide)..

while i'm waiting for my dream to come true.. let's start chatting.. anyone? :dribble:

so here's my floor plan

floorplans150dpihx4.th.jpg

will b meeting Lance to view my 3D drawings.. hee..

but now am contemplating.. to change the room's laminates to homogeneous tiles.. heard that homo tiles will b more expensive.. :dribble: ... but both bf n myself sleep like pigzzzzzzzzzzz... if sudden rain attacks.. no1 to close the windows.. laminates will b gone.. :dancingqueen: .. but budget wise... n the sand is so expensive now.. :dancingqueen::dribble::dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi there, finally see your t-blog

let me be the first to spam :dancingqueen:

wah a bit sayang to hack away the laminate

maybe dun do now, next time if kenna the rain koyak liao then change :dancingqueen:

Edited by applefreak

Not sure if the situation had changed, but when I get the sand from the "appointed" contractor in late May'07, there wasn't much difference in price when I tell them I going to have timber flooring for all the rooms and some part of the living room.

They quoted $1200 for whole 5-rm flat and only reduced to $1000 when they heard that I am not taking for whole flat.

Hi xlan,

...me be the second to spam :dancingqueen:

We choose wooden teak as originally wanted homo for all the bedroom. Laminate/Parquet will have a warmer feel to the bedroom and easy for kids.

Guess also depends on your design of the whole place.

Cheers :dancingqueen:

hee.. applefreak.. mine a new flat.. so bare floor.. but my quotation was based on 3 rooms w/ laminates.. n ID mentioned b4 changing to homo needs to top up... but i hvn't ask him how much to top up niah..

zirhk3355,

so expensive.. >1k... can i steal frm west/east coast? hahaaa... jus JOKING..

lifestyle,

ya.. i like the warm feeling too.. plus it is something new to me la.. haha.. so tats y selected laminates during the quotation time.. but now after many many weeks of cool down period.. esp recently keep raining.. tat make me think twice..

hee.. applefreak.. mine a new flat.. so bare floor.. but my quotation was based on 3 rooms w/ laminates.. n ID mentioned b4 changing to homo needs to top up... but i hvn't ask him how much to top up niah..

zirhk3355,

so expensive.. >1k... can i steal frm west/east coast? hahaaa... jus JOKING..

lifestyle,

ya.. i like the warm feeling too.. plus it is something new to me la.. haha.. so tats y selected laminates during the quotation time.. but now after many many weeks of cool down period.. esp recently keep raining.. tat make me think twice..

hmm, in that case maybe you want to consider having something under the window

maybe like carpet or rug to 'tahan' the water if it rains :dancingqueen:

Or have the window design (casement open top & bottom...and leave the top always open) in a way that less rain will come in (unless very windy time...which you will have no choice).

See eR1c Blog.

maybe like carpet or rug to 'tahan' the water if it rains :dancingqueen:

zz bored to death liao.. been waiting n waiting.. waiting for the house to build up since 2003.. now almost done.. n i still hv to wait for the design from my ID (Lance from Home Guide)..

while i'm waiting for my dream to come true.. let's start chatting.. anyone? :notti:

so here's my floor plan

floorplans150dpihx4.th.jpg

will b meeting Lance to view my 3D drawings.. hee..

but now am contemplating.. to change the room's laminates to homogeneous tiles.. heard that homo tiles will b more expensive.. :dunno: ... but both bf n myself sleep like pigzzzzzzzzzzz... if sudden rain attacks.. no1 to close the windows.. laminates will b gone.. :rofl: .. but budget wise... n the sand is so expensive now.. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

How much did Lance quoted you? care to share? he quoted for my 3rm corner total reno, hacking, etc, etc over 52k...very ex.

Yes and easy to open/close. In terms of more airflow think casement window is slightly better.

for windows i suggested sliding windows becoz its easiler to clean. casement its more difficult to clean. :rofl:

maybe like carpet or rug to 'tahan' the water if it rains :unsure:

:dunno: nice idea.... but probably my BABY will pee on the rug as well.. cos now she's paper trained.. so if she sees or feels something thin enough she'd tot it is for her to pee... :notti:

Or have the window design (casement open top & bottom...and leave the top always open) in a way that less rain will come in (unless very windy time...which you will have no choice).

See eR1c Blog.

yup.. went to the opps block many times... the place is very windy.. tats y i'm v concern for rainny days.. mm.. guess will hv to wait after collected my keys n decide again le... btw.. if i'm not wrong.. windows r casement kind already.. can jus leave the top part open n close the bottom part.. but my sinus will feel stuffy n blocked nose.. quite sensitive.. sigh..

How much did Lance quoted you? care to share? he quoted for my 3rm corner total reno, hacking, etc, etc over 52k...very ex.

52k? :unsure: how come so EXPENSIVE?!?!?:unsure:

for me.. i only do simple renov.. no hacking.. n told him my tight budget of 20k b4 he quote me anything.. n he was honest enough to tell me.. 20k quite impossible for the materials i chose.. but he'd try his best to keep ard there.. n he did keep his promise.. my final quotation was a total 23k+... partly cos i intro quite a few houses and eventually signed with him too.. tats y his boss gave discounts to me.. not sure how true on the discounts part.. but to me.. 23k+ and the comfort level of talking to him.. quite ok to me la.. :rofl:

xlan, welcome to renotalk.. u must be very excited on the start of reno.. it will be a interesting and at time fustrating journey.. but not to worry, just keep checking on the reno progress, update your id on any defects and enjoy the process..post photo for us here... if you like to sleep with window open, than will be better if u do not use laminate for the floors, quite prompt to wrapping if get int contact with too much water/moisture.. safer with homotiles... have fun

actually the air-flow for the top hung is quite good, esp if the area is windy

maybe you want to consider having a ceiling fan so that it'll increase the air circulation without worrying about the rain coming in :good:

or get a thick thick carpet then your baby won't pee there?

not intend to get ceiling fan in rooms.. looks way too weird to me..

but hor.. if i hv laminates now.. n say down the road.. 5yrs later.. then change to homo tiles.. is quite a waste of money hor? mmmmm..........

hope 5Aug come faster.. then i get to see my drawings n discuss with ID..

still hv no news on the HDB side too.. sianz.. looks like keys really coming in earliest in nov.... sigh.... still a loooooooooooong way to go..

thinking of getting tis fridge (Hatchi R-W690FMSX) for my new place.. any comments?

hatchiqg4.th.jpg