Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
twoti

Curtains As Partition?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

erm.. TPY, curtain cannot block air-con and help to save electricity la...

it only add factor to the load require to cool your rm. to really save electricity, your rm size must be calculated and den with it, you den can size your air-con. i.e. choose the right size (in layman term, in air-con line its BTU) of air-con for that rm. so eg. if during day time, your curtain absorb the rm heat, and you on your air-con, the air-con will hv to cool the rm doubly hard coz the curtain contains the heat and will definitely be a heat factor.

pls do not use hotel type of furbishing to hm coz hotel air-con runs on different system. they use central air-con, either VRV System (if area is not too big and there are cost savings in long term and also they want to look at whether they are expandabe juz in case of future expansion) or chiller system which are really big systems.

heat load factor must be considered and allowance given. eg. whether rm has full length window which allow sun to shine in thus causing higher temp, the no. and type of ppl using the rm and the purpose of the rm (eg. older folks and younger kids require less cold air-con, if its a less activity rm it require lesser air-con, if rm meant for sleeping couples will tend to wear lesser thus require less air-con). In SG, we dun hv to think of seasonal changes but in other countries, such attritubes are considered.

and when you on the air-con, try your best to close all window, and hv non-grilled type of door and close them as well. coz in this way, lesser heat enter the rm, the air-con sensor will not sense a higher heat in the rm and keep trying to cool it down which will end up with high electricity consumption.

regular maintenace after 1st year of installation is recommended.you can ownself do regular mthly cleaning of your filter by taking it out to wash with ordinary water and dry it. wiping the external portion of the air-con also helps to keep your air-con healthy.

i hv a list of when to do regular cleaning of air-con and what type of cleaning require for different mths which i will try to post on forum once i got the time for the benefit of all.

but what would be a good and nice way to separate out a big living room? since if one only require aircon perhaps in the tv area but not the dining area..

but what would be a good and nice way to separate out a big living room? since if one only require aircon perhaps in the tv area but not the dining area..

in the 1st place, you shldnt hv combine 2 rms to 1 if you want to save air-con elect bills. your air-con is design to cool the combined rm and if you juz want to cool part of the rm, and you tot of partitioning your rm to juz cool part of it, den it defeat your purpose of hving 1 big rm, m i rite?

if your air-con installer did a correct caln for your big rm, den its suppose to cool the whole area, not juz a portion of the rm, even if you partition your rm, it will still wk on the whole area.

that is the case whenever shop tenants or offices are partitioned which defers from original design, the air-con and fire protection sprinklers hv to change for that area.

in another words, whether you partition it or not, the air-con will still work for the whole big rm instead of the partitioned area.

its not combining 2 rms into 1, but some layouts have the tv n dining area with no partition... thus its a very big area to cool down..

understand the aircon planning shld have taken care of that..

however that would mean a need for a very high BTU unit which may not be cost effective..

den suggest you choose a higer btu inverter system. not wise to choose non-inverter type as it will consume more electricity = more $$

if not, you can install 2 unit of inverter air-con **** rm and dining rm area. den which area you want to cool down, you juz on that air-con will do. but its best to get inverter air-con. you will hv more savings in long term and its environmental friendly.

i hv a vy long hall + dinning rm + study rm and i hv chosen a higher btu inverter air-con to cool down the whole place.