Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

Warning About C.i. Mover

Just want to share my experience with this mover, who almost cause me alot of inconvenience. They also have this big yellow/blue sticker with a truck, usually sticks several of their ads together on the lifts of new estates. I kana this for my new flat at Tanglin Halt.

Called up Robert (believed to be the boss) and got him to quote for moving; so he sent his supervisor to come and view the furniture, gave me a quote and a few days later, the boxes for packing. Everything was smooth until the day itself.

When the workers arrived at my parents' place (where I was staying), the supervisor at site (not the same as above) told my mum that our wardrobe needs dismantling, alot of work and thus extra charge of $100. I called Robert immediately and reasoned that his supervisor had seen the wardrobe before so why only now got extra charge? To my surprise he became very aggressive; straightaway tell me, "If not ok then don't move lor!" and cut off the line! I kept trying to call him back and he even use vurgarities and cut off the line everytime.

I had consulted FS for my house-moving, plus take leave and everything packed, so how to cancel?? Bo pianz, I called to say sorry and agreed to the extra charge. They were the cheapest during my search for movers, but with the $100 increase they became the most ex! Halfway thru, a kind worker told me that the wardrobe can be carried over, so no need to dismantle. He said he will call his boss to tell him.

When everything was done, lo and behold, Robert STILL demand for $50 extra! I asked him why, and he rudely said still got some labour charges even though never dismantle. This time, the ball is in my court, so I told my wife to get all the workers out from our flat, lock the gate and then I told Robert off directly that I am not going to pay a single cent extra and cut off his line. But remembering that kind worker, my wife gave them an extra tip of $20 instead.

I heard from others that such scams are not unique and alot of movers do it, because they know you will just give in to it since you are all prepared to move and very inconvenient to cancel. The worst thing for me was that I was not around during the moving and imagine my worry that my mum and wife had to face them directly. Though my dad was around, but he is reaching 60 liao, so still very worried.

Morale of the story: Play the tricksters back at their own game. Agree to whatever extra charges first so as not to cancel the moving, then don't pay later. There is no black and white, receipts or invoices whatever; all verbal so they cannot do anything to you. But make sure you have a man with you, because these people are usually rowdy and things could get out of hand.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just want to share my experience with this mover, who almost cause me alot of inconvenience. They also have this big yellow/blue sticker with a truck, usually sticks several of their ads together on the lifts of new estates. I kana this for my new flat at Tanglin Halt.

Called up Robert (believed to be the boss) and got him to quote for moving; so he sent his supervisor to come and view the furniture, gave me a quote and a few days later, the boxes for packing. Everything was smooth until the day itself.

When the workers arrived at my parents' place (where I was staying), the supervisor at site (not the same as above) told my mum that our wardrobe needs dismantling, alot of work and thus extra charge of $100. I called Robert immediately and reasoned that his supervisor had seen the wardrobe before so why only now got extra charge? To my surprise he became very aggressive; straightaway tell me, "If not ok then don't move lor!" and cut off the line! I kept trying to call him back and he even use vurgarities and cut off the line everytime.

I had consulted FS for my house-moving, plus take leave and everything packed, so how to cancel?? Bo pianz, I called to say sorry and agreed to the extra charge. They were the cheapest during my search for movers, but with the $100 increase they became the most ex! Halfway thru, a kind worker told me that the wardrobe can be carried over, so no need to dismantle. He said he will call his boss to tell him.

When everything was done, lo and behold, Robert STILL demand for $50 extra! I asked him why, and he rudely said still got some labour charges even though never dismantle. This time, the ball is in my court, so I told my wife to get all the workers out from our flat, lock the gate and then I told Robert off directly that I am not going to pay a single cent extra and cut off his line. But remembering that kind worker, my wife gave them an extra tip of $20 instead.

I heard from others that such scams are not unique and alot of movers do it, because they know you will just give in to it since you are all prepared to move and very inconvenient to cancel. The worst thing for me was that I was not around during the moving and imagine my worry that my mum and wife had to face them directly. Though my dad was around, but he is reaching 60 liao, so still very worried.

Morale of the story: Play the tricksters back at their own game. Agree to whatever extra charges first so as not to cancel the moving, then don't pay later. There is no black and white, receipts or invoices whatever; all verbal so they cannot do anything to you. But make sure you have a man with you, because these people are usually rowdy and things could get out of hand.

I had engaged C.I before. The experience was not pleasant.

1. My video cam was "lost" and thrown into a bin. Later "retrieved" when I questioned them.

2. A 4 tier plastic cabinet was never found.

3. I was stupid enough to look for a box that contained foreign currencies. The box was opened when it was handed over to me, lost some korean won. Todate, I did not know what else was missing from the box. It was my mistake not to carry the box with me and revealed to them the box was important. Family members were present but the worker took his initative to open the box without any witness.

4. The workers damaged my neighbour's door and Robert refused to compensate. I paid $500 for the door. Robert said he will come in the night to scratch the door.

5. And yes, they tried to ask for $100+ more after the trip.

I will try the forumers recommendations this time round. No more C.I. :)

hi,

same experience here. as i was shifting hse, hb & me got a whole bunch of quotations from movers and either he interview them alone or we do it together. they came and look at our hse items and give a quote after that.

CI mover was 1 of them and they gave us vy vy vy bad experience. hb was the one who call them for quotation. same robert answered, came look abt and gave us a quote.

we use 1 week to let movers to come to our old hse to look at things, so quotations will start to flow in within 1 1/2 weeks as we have all timing scheduled. as we were waiting for other quotations to come in, we did not confirm with any movers.

guess what :dunno: this robert call and call and call and even call in the middle of the nite, if i remember correctly, its pass 1am :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

he pester us saying that his mover is professional, his rate is vy cheap, etc. and ask why we still can't confirm with him. that nite he called, and he seems to be high, and ask if we have found mover already, ask again is it his rate too expensive and he can lower his rate somemore. as my hb is an early sleeper and he will be vy angry if ppl disrupt his beauty sleep, he got so angry that he shouted and scolded him over the handphone and warn him that if he were to call again, he will call the police :notti:

actually that nite, both of us got started as we thought something happen at our parents' hse as usually at that kind of time, ppl will not call us unless its emergency. and we didn't off our handphone coz juz incase of emergency. so u can imagine how what a scare we got :furious:

lucky its hb found his contact and call him and not me... if not i will surely kana from hb 8|:sport-smiley-004:

lucky we found a gd, honest and sincere mover. the boss is vy humble. came and gave us a quote and highlighted if extra 1 load of trip of lorry cost how much etc. he told us how long it will take etc. he came with his team, some part time students (3 young teenage boys) and his employees. me and my dad was at new hse and hb was at old hse supervising them.

from there, we saw that the boss pay great care to our items, even for the cheap items. he employ ppl who hv abit of physical disability but with great strength. these ppl might hv problm finding regular light work as from my view, many coy will not employ them due to their inconvenience. but this boss treat them with dignity. buy them lunch and snacks. we provided plenty of packet drinks. from our chat with the teenagers, 1 of them is the boss son and the other 2 was robe in to do part time. they were waiting for their poly to start class so they thought its gd to make some money in their spare time. they told us that biz was gd.

another thing is they don't smoke, only the boss smoke. and he only smoke when he excuse himself and standing at downstair of our block.

Edited by leen

so nobody use them anymore?

People who never search internet on C.I mover will be cheated by Robert. his contact number is 98488484. heard from other movers companies that he will change his company name and his website often when his company name get dirty. I engaged him in 2011. so that means he is still active.

Think he is the only mover kana complained.

everything went smoothly because we labelled our boxes with numbers. we did not label "expensive stuff" or "money inside" etc. so no lost items. we have our family members to station at different locations from home to truck when they shift. and from truck to new home.

on the 1st day he came to quote, i told him my wardrobe need to dismantle and re-assemble. but on the moving day, he didn't assemble. i told him to assemble back. he said i need to inform him on the moving day before he come with his team. so he requested 100$ to re-assemble. so i didn't get him to assemble. my family assembled at the end !

could now be http://cimover.sg/index.html

below taken from http://www.moversinsingapore.sg/Demo-Movers-Directory.html

but no longer existing...

10) C. I. International Mover: #18-18 International Plaza, 10 Anson Road, Singapore 079903,

Call 9848 8484 http://www.changein.com.sg

11) C. I. Movers: Block 538 Upper Cross Street #10-261, Singapore 050538, Call 6 535 3116http://www.cimover.com.sg

a side question...if they dismantle the wardrobe, who will be asssembling it back later?

Robert from CI mover said if u want to re-assemble, u should tell him again on that day and another $100 or more charge.

a side question...if they dismantle the wardrobe, who will be asssembling it back later?

Robert from CI mover said if u want to re-assemble, u should tell him again on that day and another $100 or more charge.

Newbie you are so wrong about “People who never search internet on C.I mover will be cheated by Robert”.

Robert came highly recommended by my ID  and that was the disaster – we lost 7 of our person content boxes and 1 herman miller chair (imagine!!) and damages to all the wardrobes that they moved from the store back to our place. We did our renovation and had to move our items to storage which we engage him for these services on 25 Feb 2012 and then to move our items back on 26 May 2012.

It took us 3 weeks of chasing for the missing items and finally he came to our house and said “he has intention to settle otherwise he will not be here today” but guess how he settled???!!!

He just said that he will go and check again and let us know in 2 days and patiently we waited for the 2 days but no call no nothing from him. We called and he said that “no nothing found” and so we asked for compensation and he challenged us to go to small claims.

Such an IRRESPONSIBLE person and YES he charged exorbitant even when his guys come to the house before the move to survey and gave us a quote. But on the day of move there are extras which you have no choice but to pay as all that is already in the midst.

At the end of the day I even relented and asked him to compensate me with the herman miller chair and he said that we have not paid him for the move from storage back to our house. I told him to send me the chair and I will settle with him on that but he challenged me to go to small claims.

His address on his invoice Block 538 Upper Cross Street #10-261 Singapore 050538, contact on the invoice says 65353116 and his mobile: 9848 8484.

DO NOT USE CI MOVERS or ROBERT and suffer the same fate as me!

My goodness.. Really mover from ****...

Thank god I got this knt movers (s) pte ltd..he send me 30over boxes move tv console,sofa,2computer chairs, 1 computer table, 2 tv etc... They charge me $$300. Service excellent..