Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

My Headache Rain Shower Pipe

Picture288-1.jpg

The thing which I circled - do u all have this when u do up your rain shower? I asked my sanitary shop and the guy said I can buy another straight pipe to replace this flexible soft pipe. I dont know why I got two flexible soft pipe joined together - looks so unprofessional n ugly..

Mine is not concealed piping, so is it like this? I see other pictures, they dont hv this thing. Its like a striaght pipe. Is it becos the tap is different from mine - mine got a tap for water to come out.

If I buy the striaght pipe to replace, what if the distance/ length is not correct, then my plumber got to remove and re-install my rain shower again?

Got from Kitty's Cattery http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...&&st=20

(sorry for not getting permission first..- just trying to illustrate what I mean - ehhh hope u dont mind.)

15-08-07_1813.jpg

15-08-07_1811.jpg

I told my ID about it, but he dont seem to understand what I say. He say its becos the installation is not completed, thats why like this. But the installation left only hot and cold water piping.. I dont think the hot & cold piping got anything to do with this flexible pipe?? (a bit lost)

Edited by mint

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hehehe of course i dun mind

this forum is about sharing ain't it :) !!

came across rainshowers that uses this kind of flexible hose

but we didn't like the look of it so got the one i have now

seems like your problem is the additional hose

those i saw all only use one hose so it's kinda hidden under the mixer :dunno:

you ought to SHOOT, chop, plummet your plumber/contractor!!!

U mean its my plumber/ contractor fault? Why? Is it he shld provide a pipe and fix it up for me?

Maybe its the Royal Franco fault for selling me such a set! I mean who would want a rain shower with this ugly flexible pipe??!? As a layman, I wouldnt know mah.. I tot its one straight pipe like Kitty Cattery one.. so nice.

I got no chance to meet plumber yet.. somemore my ID like dunno what I mean.. Sigh!

I don't think the plumber could bend the chrome pipe and install that same way. I have the same situation in my current place, cos I mix and match the mixer and rainbath.

bathtub_int1.jpg

Maybe you could buy a suitable hose length instead of joining 2 together. That would make it slightly better. That's what I did.

Edited by cthulu

Picture288-1.jpg

this is the part i dont agree and will never accept - the plumber should do it or at least just use 1 flexible pipe instead of 2!:notti:

Edited by MaCe

think i mentioned in another thread

it's entirely the plumber's fault

coz it's obvious that he either install the mixer too low or the rainshower pipe too high

that's why one flexible pipe is not enough

go check out hoe kee showroom, the display set uses flexible pipe too

you'll get what i mean :notti:

8|:dunno::) your plumber/contractor.

like wat applefreak says, either he install the mixer too low or the rainshower pipe too high

that's why one flexible pipe is not enough...

figured out that there is supposed to be a steel rod stretching down to my bath mixer, but the distance is so near that they (the steel rod and the bath mixer) is kissing each other, so cannot be installed. hence the plumber install this flexi pipe instead.

so funni right, got problem why nobody inform me.. i think plumber nvr tell my ID, and he also dunno whats wrong until i pointed out. after pointed out and ask him (ID), then he know got this problem. gosh~ bang head

solution accroding to ID and my snaitary shop is to buy a nozzle to extend the bath mixer out.

Edited by mint

hmm, that's a little funny

if that's the case then all customers who bought this set will have the same problem?

then it's product defect liao wor, why should you be paying for the nozzle??? :sport-smiley-004:

Picture518a.jpg

close up of how near it is. just imagine instead of the flexible pipe, there is supposed to be a steel rod going down and turning right to fix to the bottom part of the bath mixer. and u can visualise how near it it going to be - practically kissing each other. so if i turn on my bath mixer, cant even turn it on, cos will knock into the steel rod.

actually the steel rod is within the same package, but the plumber din't install it and fix up this flexi tube instead. strange plumber right? somemore din inform my ID. (maybe its not the pumbler job to point out whats wrong, but just to install it?)

dunno leh.. is it really a defect/ design - hmm, apple freak, u sound quite right..

i wonder anyone else facing this problem.

Edited by mint

The flexible pipe sega!

The story continues.. .. the plumber supposed to come today or tomorrow to fix up the rest of the plumbing. But I need to get this extension to extend out my bath mixer so that the plumber can install for me. Since we both are working every day, no time to pick up that extension nozzle from the sanitary shop, I requested my ID to help me pick it up, or ask the plumber to pick it up, so that the plumber can come on Friday to do our home. My ID asked us to change the plumber to come next Mon or Tue, so that we ourselves can pick up the items from the shop this weekend.

Our ID cannot even help us with one simple task such as picking up the item from Balestier when his ID shop is in Toa Payoh. Guess I should not compare, but can't help it lor, can't help when I think about how my colleague raved about her ID (such as help to buy switches when they got the wrong types, give free door bell, some of the little things that the ID do for her, and somemore her renov cost is also about the same as mine, not as if she is paying a lot for the ID service).

Well, what to do, from every tiny thing, we got to do ourselves. Such as getting 2 pcs of valves for the spray hose, getting this nozzle extensions. This is the difference in service between a merticulous, responsible and helpful ID to a bo-chap, cant-be-bothered ID.

Now I know how it feels like to be super siannzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz --- "all thanks" to such an ID. :dancingqueen:

U engage someone to be your ID, and it feels like every single little small thing must do it yourself.

Now must take time off from work to run to the Sanitary shop in Jln Besar to get the extensions.. somemore that place so inaccessible.

Edited by mint