Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

Hi Commando

I thought of that before too.

See below for what my ID has did (I roughly draw it out). As the feature wall is full-height, it blocks out the entire window panels.

27050104yf0.th.png

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i seen one of my neighbours

the slanted side near the window, they did a triangle shape out

so that it is 'parallel' to the opposite wall where the TV is place

Hi Commando

See below for what my ID has did (I roughly draw it out). As the feature wall is full-height, it blocks out the entire window panels.

27050104yf0.th.png

Hi, inuya..

This idea is relatively new to me. Never had this idea. The closest idea i had to this was having the feature wall aligned with the shelter's wall (meaning u shift ur feature wall to the left of ur picture). That will still allow light to shine direct into the living room.

From the drawing, the natural light from the windows will be blocked and ur platform area and dining area will be rather dim. If you're sticking to this idea, maybe you can consider having several vertical wooden blocks to replace the entirely solid feature wall so that light can pass thru to the dining area.

i seen one of my neighbours

the slanted side near the window, they did a triangle shape out

so that it is 'parallel' to the opposite wall where the TV is place

yah, initially i quite like this idea because it retains the original way of watching tv (straight) but on 2nd thoughts, my wife and I decided that instead of changing the weird design of the living room with carpentry work (and hence use up precious space), we could try to make the best out of it hence no boxes to 'straighten' the living room.

Edited by Commando

Hi Commando

27050104yf0.th.png

This way is ok if you intend to draw the curtains while watching tv which i opposed. Its way too troublesome to draw curtains in daytime everytime u need to watch tv.

Hi guys

Would really appreciate if you could send me your 3d drawings, for those with slanted living room.

I have engaged an ID for my flat (677C) with the same slanted living room, and the living area is badly designed. It is suggested to have a false wall (horizontal to the window panels), but it has blocked out all the sunlight and wind from the windows, causing 2/3 of the living area to the maindoor to be dark.

Very upset. Will be meeting up with him again tmor to sort it out, so hope to get some ideas first before meeting him.

Thanks very much in advance.

Hi inuya5ha,

If you are into the idea of hacking the wall, you can try the following:

view1ku0.th.jpg

Hope my idea helps, all the best with your discussion with ID :bangwall:

The neighbour intend to place a sofa at the triangle.

Basically the space from the window till the base of the triangle is wasted. Too narrow to put a platform or whatsoever.

This is abit out of topic but....

HDB release it's Bi-monthly sales today and they are selling the remaining units in our St 64 at a higher price.

Seems like a good sign especially after the govt has announced the plans for the future Jurong. !!

This is abit out of topic but....

HDB release it's Bi-monthly sales today and they are selling the remaining units in our St 64 at a higher price.

Seems like a good sign especially after the govt has announced the plans for the future Jurong. :notti:

Yea... Went to check just now, seems like it costs around 20-40k more for a unit in St 64 now... 2 floors below my unit is now selling at $37k more than what I paid for in the last ballot :dunno:

Yea... Went to check just now, seems like it costs around 20-40k more for a unit in St 64 now... 2 floors below my unit is now selling at $37k more than what I paid for in the last ballot :P

Oh yes! a neighbouring unit on my same floor, with my same layout is now 40k more than what I paid for. How shiok to see those figures! :P

Oh yes! a neighbouring unit on my same floor, with my same layout is now 40k more than what I paid for. How shiok to see those figures! :(

Yeah.. mine too. The empty unit next to mine costs $40K more! :good: