Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Crib Pimpin!

It is not a dream , there are indeed 3 room flats with attached balconies. This rare gem is well out of the way no doubt in Boon Lay, 10th floor. Not too bad for scenery I reckon. Staring at it for a while, everything just came pouring out right after I cement screed the floor in orange! Went for the industrial open concept feel but as me being me, I can never leave the resort feel too far away. I consider this to be my best effort so far in terms of hard work. My right shoulder has never felt so sore before due to repeatitive action from the mouse Hee. Still far from the IDs 3D software but the feel is so much better in this one.

Here is the floorplan

JW_blk1703rmbalcony.jpg

And it definately got pimped! I kept thinking it was for a bachelor, sometimes swinging and hangs out at indochine very often. Candles are a must.

overview.jpg

On entering, the wardrobe is there to hide the private living area. Turning left is the master. Indian carpet represents roots. Master is seperated from the dining by a glass waterfall feature.

overviewofmaster.jpg

Wardrobe. Enough space for 2 and two shelves of shoes.

wardrobe.jpg

Edited by Junkay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Master : Cheeky motif on the glass toilet door. Right side is the glass wall.

masterBR.jpg

Looking at the wardrobe from bed

masterlookingintowardrobe.jpg

Living area

Low cotton seats big enough to cross your legs and lean back. Candles for the mood. I just realise when I was drafting this I was listening to a certain track called The Making of Jill from one of the cafe del mar series.

living.jpg

Living into dining

livingintodining.jpg

Edited by Junkay

Fine dining : Waterfall glass wall feature and shag carpet. Shiok only.

dining-1.jpg

And food comes from kitchen : Cooking area has glass around it to prevent splashing. Side shelf is for easy spice reach. Strips on wall is for hanging your wet pans. This is in favour of the triangle rule for kitchens. Metal laminates with black solid surface to compliment with the industrial feel. White part of sink is the sliding chopping board.

Overview

Overviewofkit.jpg

From entrance

kitchen.jpg

Simple pitch black toilet for edge

toilet.jpg

How I wish I had this pad!!

Cheers

Found this big *** of a exec flat. Not the biggest though, but still enough to host a deepavali party where the whole village comes. That is exactly the inspiration for this work. Went for a deepavali party and was very moved by how tight and fun loving the people are. It was kinda strange as each family member invited a chinese friend.... I wonder was it planned. "Treat the mungen" party. It was one of the most fun I had in years, especially with the dad aka Homer.

Anyways here is the floor plan

hugeexec-1.jpg

Pimped or deeped up

design-1.jpg

Entrance foyer : Be greeted by Kali, giving birth to the universe. Notice how the rays are shining towards the inside of the flat. Universal love, you are welcomed into my home, regardless who u are.

entrancefoyer.jpg

Welcome to the party of your life : Modern indian design. Leather with damask type wallpaper. Krishna divine musician joins us in the celebration too.

living.jpg.

Bar area looking into living. Somehow I suspect the men will be near the bar and the women will sit comfortably in the living.

viewfrombar.jpg

Meal times : During celebration, many types of food using a myriad of spices are displayed and the colours are wonderful. I chose the colour of royal red and only one seat at the end of the table for the head of the family, fit for a king.

dining.jpg

From dining to the kitchen. The low cabinets at the side can be used both for storing kitchen pots and also bathroom towels and soap etc. A walkway sorta.

walkwaytotoilet.jpg

Common toilet

commontoilet-1.jpg

kitchen

kitchen.jpg

Laundry area : Bedroom 3 was split into 2 functions. This is one of them, a washing area out of view.

washingarea.jpg

Walkway art gallery into the rooms, daughters room straight up, sons room on the left, master on the right

walkwaytorooms.jpg

Son's room

sonsroom.jpg

Daughters room : 2 versions, dont know which is better

with damask motif

girlsroom2.jpg

or rose patterns

girlsroom.jpg

Fav : Super grand entrance for master

Pte walkway along the timber veil, wood carvings on the wall is actually buddha surrounded by 8 holy beings.

walkwaytomaster.jpg

Master : Damask motif in gold.

masterroom.jpg

master wardrobe area : created from bedroom 3.

masterwardrobe.jpg

master shower

mastershower.jpg

And I almost forgot the most important thing in a festival like deepavali.. a well stocked bar of course

bar-1.jpg

See y'all Have a good one!:dancingqueen:!

oh yeah I forgot one important design of the place. Its called the peekaboo area. The glass wall serves as a lighting point also from the master. Dimly lit, it adds a glow from the wall into the walk way to the master, and also a light at night when u get the munchies and are too **** lazy to find a light switch.

Its also pervocative as it offers visitors a peek into the master, arousing interest.

Peekaboo.jpg

Thats really all I think

Hey Darren, I think u did a great job for my new house! :notti: Your Ideas are reali refreshing and different ( since i went to almost a dozen IDs and gotten a " standard" design and layout proposed by them )

You can consider going into this line yah ! :notti:

Hey Darren, I think u did a great job for my new house! :help: Your Ideas are reali refreshing and different ( since i went to almost a dozen IDs and gotten a " standard" design and layout proposed by them )

You can consider going into this line yah ! :dunno:

Thanks Anthea, for the kind words. Hope this career takes off!

All the best in your reno journey

Now this is the biggest flat I have seen. 174 sqm of heaven in Woodlands. There was one featured in Home Decor a while back and I was so much envious of that owner. Such a unique house.

I got sentimental with this one. Just a feeling of brother hood amongst men and women. Maybe still fresh from the deepavali injection of harmony. Ah well, will be taking somewhat of a break to do more understanding of design and basically just give my shoulder a break. !!

So here it is woodlands jumbo

Woodlandssuperhuge174sqm.jpg

Hazelnut harmony

overview.jpg

Entrance : Immediately greeted by the picture of a lady staring at the sunset at the beach. Sets the mood for what the house stands. Sunsets give me a peaceful feeling of acceptance and contentment. And of course time to party!:bangwall: Tucked away at the cornet is a loveseat/daybed sorta for budding couples to blossom, not to small not too big, encourage contact..whahha

entrance.jpg

Living area : I planned it to be very open. From kitchen to living, a nice size studio apartment if you can call it. Picture of hands showing again the theme of togetherness in times of laughter and sorrow. Edge of raised platform and adjoining wall is lined with lightboxes for a nice glow at night. Furniture is black leather with bronze metal frame

livingarea.jpg

Edited by Junkay

Dining : Table is held upwards by cables to the ceiling. Same as the long shelf in the living room. A sense of danger and excitement is evoked with this table. Cupboards are lined with frameless glass doors. Service balcony is lined with grass and extended till the laundry side. Can be demarkated easily with half length curtains.

diningarea.jpg

Kitchen : You might wonder , where on earth is the cooking hood. This is the downward draft ventilation technique ala teppanyaki style. Always wanted it. Without the overhanging hood, the space is somewhat enlarged and view is not broken. And there is an outdoory feel to it, so a grill is installed for the odd barbeque.

kitchen.jpg

Common/guest room/study room : Fusion of wardrobe and study area. Metal laminates with wood lining. Sleek sleek sleek.

guestroom.jpg

2nd room

2ndroom.jpg

Master entrance : Left is bedroom right is extended toilet cum wardrobe.

entrancetomaster.jpg

Toilet and wardrobe views

mastertoilet.jpg

View of wardrobe from toilet : cupboards on the right is serve as storage in side the wardrobe but serve as a table at the entrance walkway. Still seperated by glass though.

walkinwardrobe.jpg

Presenting the master room

masterroom.jpg

Other views worthy of showing

common toilet : Shower area is enclosed by wooden vanes for flow of light and also to evoke an peekaboo effect. If anyone dares, it can be done as what u see, I pushed the wall down to show a better picture. My only concern was the smell if anyone ahem ahem...

fullviewofcommontoilet.jpg

View of entrance from living : To me it feels like a huge outdoor patio. Reminds me of childhood when I had a nice patio outside of the dining area for bbq.

viewofentrancefromliving.jpg

Lovebirds corner : Candles, water feature sunsets, soft cosy bed.

loveseat.jpg

Well thats all gents and gentles. If anyone needs my services I can be contacted at d_junkay@hotmail.com.