Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

Lights Before/after Painting?

during your reno. works, do you install the lights before or after painting? common sense tells me after, so that the lights wont get in the way/dirty but my id insists on installing the lights first before painting. because we're not using his electrician, i think he's still a little sore abt that, so i don't know if he's just trying to make things difficult to drive home the point. :S

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
during your reno. works, do you install the lights before or after painting? common sense tells me after, so that the lights wont get in the way/dirty but my id insists on installing the lights first before painting. because we're not using his electrician, i think he's still a little sore abt that, so i don't know if he's just trying to make things difficult to drive home the point. :S

We are installing ours after painting.

for my case, the electrician came in to install the lights one day after the painters did the first coat of sealer and ceiling paint. the painters came back on the third and fourth day to finish up the painting. and the electrician continued with whatever they didn't finish the first day.

i got Nippon Professional Painters and they took great care with my lights. even if they dirty it accidentally, they will clean it off. so your painters should do the same for you.

Logically should be after ...

In case they accidentally (can't be avoided) paint over your lamps as well..

or maybe a few droplets of paint on a few crystals of the chandelier? :good:

i asked my ID twice..are you sure that you want the lights installed before painting? wait dirty how? but he is very confident about his painters' ability..oklor..if dirty u clean lor. thought i would make the job easier for you, but if you insist...