Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eggie

Need Help To Install Curtain Tracks

Hi,

I know I can buy curtain tracks off the shelf, but no one in my family can drill walls. Therefore, I am in need of outside help.

Does anyone know of any curtain shop that is willing to install just curtain tracks for you at cheap, cheap price? I asked one shop which quote me $250 just to install normal tracks for 3 windows (5ft each) and a 10ft at sliding door **** room. Is this expensive?

Really appreciate any help.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I know I can buy curtain tracks off the shelf, but no one in my family can drill walls. Therefore, I am in need of outside help.

Does anyone know of any curtain shop that is willing to install just curtain tracks for you at cheap, cheap price? I asked one shop which quote me $250 just to install normal tracks for 3 windows (5ft each) and a 10ft at sliding door **** room. Is this expensive?

:P expected lah...nowadays is the labor charges that kills you.

some contractors charges $5 per hole.

cant someone in the household learns to operate a drill?

bosch drill with hammer - $100+

screws - buy from kelantan road SCREWS shop - 1box(500-1000pcs) wont cost you more than $10

Unlimited uses.

Hi,

Hi Eggie,

we bought an outdoor blind from spotlight in June and engaged their installation services too. the installation is $25. Spotlight also sells curtain tracks, so most likely u can engage their installation services. Would be cheaper for u if it's a standard installation price: $25*4 = $100...hee hee

Not sure whether this helps...

Hi Eggie,

we bought an outdoor blind from spotlight in June and engaged their installation services too. the installation is $25. Spotlight also sells curtain tracks, so most likely u can engage their installation services. Would be cheaper for u if it's a standard installation price: $25*4 = $100...hee hee

Not sure whether this helps...

Tks for the info. I will check out spotlight.

Hi eggie,

Perhaps you can try calling Grand Island at 63791945. Ikea sublet the drilling work to this company. I have called them few days ago to check on the drilling pricing. Transport is $30. Drilling for first 5 holes is $25. Subsequent hole is $3 per hole. But I do not know if they will do for curtain tracks which is not from Ikea. So you will have to call and check it out. Hope this will helps...

Hi eggie,

Perhaps you can try calling Grand Island at 63791945. Ikea sublet the drilling work to this company. I have called them few days ago to check on the drilling pricing. Transport is $30. Drilling for first 5 holes is $25. Subsequent hole is $3 per hole. But I do not know if they will do for curtain tracks which is not from Ikea. So you will have to call and check it out. Hope this will helps...

You mean Grand Island will only drill for stuff bought from Ikea?

Sigh! now I really miss my father-in-law who passed away last year. He is a very handy man, very good at this kind of drilling work, pipings. etc. Now no one can do this kind of work and never know it can be so costly to do simple drilling works.

Looks like time to get my hubby to learn to drill.

:( expected lah...nowadays is the labor charges that kills you.

screws - buy from kelantan road SCREWS shop - 1box(500-1000pcs) wont cost you more than $10

Unlimited uses.

MaCe, where to get the drill ar? wah i v suaku de lor..

my hb also duno how to operate drill ley...

sigh...

so now haven install curtain yet wor...

sigh...

You may enage the handy man services from the town concil.Every hole they drill cost less than $3.

So if your curtain rod has 9 holes it cost you only $27 in total.

Where to find the call your your town Cocil immediately.

Sound like an advertisement ? :~

:( expected lah...nowadays is the labor charges that kills you.

Unlimited uses.

Ya brother Mace, I agree it is always good to have additional skill on hands. As a man must learn how to drill and screw..... you know I know as a man :lol:

But sometimes, people do not wants to get hands dirty or it is not logical to buy a drill of $100 for only less than 10 holes. Just like desktop, many people know hows to OEM but today buying from Dell or HP are still better as they do comes with quality services and maintainance.icon6.gif

You may enage the handy man services from the town concil.Every hole they drill cost less than $3.

So if your curtain rod has 9 holes it cost you only $27 in total.

Where to find the call your your town Cocil immediately.

Sound like an advertisement ? :)

Ya brother Mace, I agree it is always good to have additional skill on hands. As a man must learn how to drill and screw..... you know I know as a man :help:

town council have such services ar? i beta call and ask them over haha!!

wah din know drilling is counted as per hole basis, more holes more ex lor.... haiz...

thanks for the info ya i shall call town council lor

But sometimes, people do not wants to get hands dirty or it is not logical to buy a drill of $100 for only less than 10 holes. Just like desktop, many people know hows to OEM but today buying from Dell or HP are still better as they do comes with quality services and maintainance.icon6.gif

Actually learning how to drill is a useful skill. As least next time when you needed to drill something, you can do it anytime you want and its simple too.

First get a drill with hammer function from your neighbourhood Wu Jin shop. For me, bosch / black and decker are overrated. I got 1 around $50 plus.

Then, get a small drill bit and one big drill bit(depending on your screw size). Get a pack of those red/green color plastic tube.(depending on your screw size too)

Measure the length of the red color plastic tube. Mark the length on both your drill bits.

Then mark the area which you wanted to drill. Use the small drill bit to open a small hole 1st. Drill till the marking which you marked earlier.

Then use the bigger one to enlarge the hole. Go in and out a few times to clear the dust.

Then push in the red color plastic tube. If find it hard to push, hammer it in. Push till its flush to the surface.

Now you are ready to screw your railings.

Actually learning how to drill is a useful skill. As least next time when you needed to drill something, you can do it anytime you want and its simple too.

First get a drill with hammer function from your neighbourhood Wu Jin shop. For me, bosch / black and decker are overrated. I got 1 around $50 plus.

Then, get a small drill bit and one big drill bit(depending on your screw size). Get a pack of those red/green color plastic tube.(depending on your screw size too)

Measure the length of the red color plastic tube. Mark the length on both your drill bits.

Then mark the area which you wanted to drill. Use the small drill bit to open a small hole 1st. Drill till the marking which you marked earlier.

Then use the bigger one to enlarge the hole. Go in and out a few times to clear the dust.

Then push in the red color plastic tube. If find it hard to push, hammer it in. Push till its flush to the surface.

Now you are ready to screw your railings.

Yes, learning is a non-stop process. After learning how to drill and we may ended up in hole here and hole there. or drill wrongly

So must also know where to drill, where not to l and how to patch back in events.

For example do not drill on tiles, glass start off with big drill bit else it may result in cracks, then Siao liao.

When drill on wall, try to avoid the beams and pillars as you may end up giving up hitting the steel.

If in events of drill wrongly, simply patch it back with patty puff and re-paint it back. Note of If you drill on tiles or glass, drill wrongly is ir-revisible one. So must Jun Jun....Do or die case.

Edited by TPY

ya, for tiles and glass is different. For tiles, the surface is smooth. So you have to take the small drill, use the hammer to hammer it a few times on the spot you want to drill on. This will leave a small depression on the tiles and make it easier to drill. If not you will find your drill slipping off from the surface.

Anyway, pratice makes perfect.

sigh...

Homefix always have Bosch drills on discount - bundled with drill bits.

Any men when young got play with water guns KNOWs how to drill lah....hold the drill straight then press the trigger...beri difficult meh?

The only additional stuffs need to learn is the different sizes/types of drill bits.

6mm is the drill bit usually being used for drilling holes in houses aka masonry drill bit.

For drilling wall tiles(bathroom/kitchen), you need a tile bit and some skills to hold a drill STRAIGHT.

go read here

http://www.diydata.com/tool/drillbits/drillbits.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_bit

Ya brother Mace, I agree it is always good to have additional skill on hands. As a man must learn how to drill and screw..... you know I know as a man :P

dont buy can borrow mah.

Wife : "see? my husband diy this diy that!"

Wife's frens : "wah, your hubby so capable, can save a lot of money"

or

Wife : "see? I paid my contractor X dollars to drill 10 holes, workmanship very good hor, the holes look beautiful and neat leh but you cant see them cos it's hidden behind the painting."

Wife's frens : " you blonde or wat? " or " your hubby a nerd?"

the above scenario does not apply to the rich. but then as long as you are living in a hdb, you aint rich. no offense.

Edited by MaCe