Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GaaraOfTheSand

Main Door Facing Wrong Direction

Have already selected a new flat. Recently started to read up on Feng Shui and to my horror, I realised that the main door is facing a bad direction for me. (My birth date belongs in the EAST group but the main door is facing Northeast.)

Have yet to start renovation and move in. How? Any way to rescue? (Cannot give up the new flat)

P.S.: I'm the first applicant for the new flat which has been jointly applied for with my parents. My father belongs in the WEST group and Northeast is suppose to be a good direction for him, but the problem is that he has already retired. I'm the main breadwinner for the family and the only one paying for the new flat. So, I guess within my family, my Kua matters most???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Have already selected a new flat. Recently started to read up on Feng Shui and to my horror, I realised that the main door is facing a bad direction for me. (My birth date belongs in the EAST group but the main door is facing Northeast.)

Have yet to start renovation and move in. How? Any way to rescue? (Cannot give up the new flat)

P.S.: I'm the first applicant for the new flat which has been jointly applied for with my parents. My father belongs in the WEST group and Northeast is suppose to be a good direction for him, but the problem is that he has already retired. I'm the main breadwinner for the family and the only one paying for the new flat. So, I guess within my family, my Kua matters most???

Go read this.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9367

Northeast this year(chinese) not a good direction, try to move in late. Late as in closer to chinese new year or lagi best after CNY.

for 2008 , Northeast will be a good direction.

Act. it is difficult to find a house which has all the fav. direction in your favor.

Also depends on what does the bad direction represent - total doom or yellow or what.

Then based on that, you can try to neutralise it lor.

Act. it is difficult to find a house which has all the fav. direction in your favor.

Also depends on what does the bad direction represent - total doom or yellow or what.

Then based on that, you can try to neutralise it lor.

Generally if you are East group, NE is not good. But since you are staying in flat and not landed, it will depend on your 2 things.

1. Where is the main qi coming from?

2. Which floor level are you staying?

Both above can be related. If you are staying above 6th floor, generally qi is coming from your balcony or living room window (based on most singapore flat designs) NOT your main door. This is frequently misunderstood by many.

So it is best to check the direction you are facing to the main qi!

Edited by dstme

Generally if you are East group, NE is not good. But since you are staying in flat and not landed, it will depend on your 2 things.

1. Where is the main qi coming from?

2. Which floor level are you staying?

Both above can be related. If you are staying above 6th floor, generally qi is coming from your balcony or living room window (based on most singapore flat designs) NOT your main door. This is frequently misunderstood by many.

So it is best to check the direction you are facing to the main qi!

Hi, I tend to agree with MaCe that using Kua number is not an accurate way to calculate good or bad for the owner. The best is always calculate Bazi.

The direction of the building should also be taken into consideration. Another point is I maybe wrong but I thought it is below 6th floor then you use living room window instead of main door for qi direction?

Hi, I tend to agree with MaCe that using Kua number is not an accurate way to calculate good or bad for the owner. The best is always calculate Bazi.

The direction of the building should also be taken into consideration. Another point is I maybe wrong but I thought it is below 6th floor then you use living room window instead of main door for qi direction?

Below 6th floor, you should use the main door and main gate. Qi is about cosmic qi and body qi. The more human movement means more qi. more people walking around and thru your door, means more qi. Imagine in shopping center, many people go to the main door, so main qi is on their main door. Cars also consider human movement. So below 6th floor, the main qi is from your house door.

Above 6th floor, there is no or less human traffic, we then use cosmic qi. That's why it is better to have unblock view. More qi going to your place.

Comparing cosmic and body qi, body qi is more effective qi.

How about 6th floor ? Should we use the door or balcony? Thanks

Below 6th floor, you should use the main door and main gate. Qi is about cosmic qi and body qi. The more human movement means more qi. more people walking around and thru your door, means more qi. Imagine in shopping center, many people go to the main door, so main qi is on their main door. Cars also consider human movement. So below 6th floor, the main qi is from your house door.

Above 6th floor, there is no or less human traffic, we then use cosmic qi. That's why it is better to have unblock view. More qi going to your place.

Comparing cosmic and body qi, body qi is more effective qi.

hmm for what i know is that when u open yr main front door it should not be facing directly a staircase. is not good lor. i also heard that your layout should not have any sharp corner (forming a traingle shape) especially when the sharp corner is facing the t junction. is very bad. but my new flat which is at blk 989 jurong west the layout of the living room do a shape of a triangle meaning to said got a sharp corner and is actually pointing at the opp block...can anyone able to advise if this is also consider unlucky? any idea on how i can avoid it?

hmm for what i know is that when u open yr main front door it should not be facing directly a staircase. is not good lor. i also heard that your layout should not have any sharp corner (forming a traingle shape) especially when the sharp corner is facing the t junction. is very bad. but my new flat which is at blk 989 jurong west the layout of the living room do a shape of a triangle meaning to said got a sharp corner and is actually pointing at the opp block...can anyone able to advise if this is also consider unlucky? any idea on how i can avoid it?

you need the very minimum of having a squarish house to start off with fengshui.

Are you going to implement whatever you read here? Will you get professional FS advice here?

If you believe in it so much, then you should spend the $$$ to change the direction of the door, or else spend money for a FS master's advice on how to "neutralise" it.

If the sharp corner is not pointing at you should be good.

Anyway a square will have 4 sharp corners while a triangle will have 3.

How about 6th floor ? Should we use the door or balcony? Thanks

Depends on your surrounding. Could be door or balcony or neither.