Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Big Wall Clocks

Ya i thought of DIY too but ya lor troublesome leh....

zacey, where you got your clock in the end? Haiz...me running out of sources liao...

i got it at one of the gift shops at level 2 AMK.. but the size not big one... 39.95.. normal size. just that i cant find nice unique ones anywhere.. and molecules and the few online websites too exp for me...

why dun you DIY.. i think quite fun.. just meddle with any old clock and see.. if not, maybe can try asking those places that sell clocks, whether do they entertain customisation?? :wub:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i got it at one of the gift shops at level 2 AMK.. but the size not big one... 39.95.. normal size. just that i cant find nice unique ones anywhere.. and molecules and the few online websites too exp for me...

why dun you DIY.. i think quite fun.. just meddle with any old clock and see.. if not, maybe can try asking those places that sell clocks, whether do they entertain customisation?? :wub:

oh ya hor, i think u mentioned before in the above threads..hehe...pai seh make you repeat again :notti:

ya online also very expensive leh.....

I figured customisation also very expensive....just hope to find one in retail shops.....i'll go try bras basah today then if still cannot find, maybe AMK hub....

oh ya hor, i think u mentioned before in the above threads..hehe...pai seh make you repeat again :notti:

ya online also very expensive leh.....

I figured customisation also very expensive....just hope to find one in retail shops.....i'll go try bras basah today then if still cannot find, maybe AMK hub....

its okie.. :furious:

actually may not be too exp leh.. sometimes, its our perceptions.. who noes, it maybe cheaper than those you see in branded shops?? :wub:

my plan was to chiong all the neighbourhood shops too.. like Toa Payoh, AMK etc to find nice clocks... i scouted in Parkway, Tampines, Simei, Bedok, Bukit Merah oredi.. luckily i found in AMK.. if not, i will cont my quest... :wub:

ohh.. i read that there is a place selling clocks in Square 2... you went and check before???

its okie.. :wub:

actually may not be too exp leh.. sometimes, its our perceptions.. who noes, it maybe cheaper than those you see in branded shops?? :wub:

my plan was to chiong all the neighbourhood shops too.. like Toa Payoh, AMK etc to find nice clocks... i scouted in Parkway, Tampines, Simei, Bedok, Bukit Merah oredi.. luckily i found in AMK.. if not, i will cont my quest... :notti:

ohh.. i read that there is a place selling clocks in Square 2... you went and check before???

Where is Square 2?? I read in one of the threads that Central at Clarke Quay have but I went and dun have leh...

Where is Square 2?? I read in one of the threads that Central at Clarke Quay have but I went and dun have leh...

Novena.... :wub:

Hi AIR,

Sama sama I also have a 18" round clock. . Let me share my experiences of it.

Normaly wall clock do have a limitation in size. The bigger the diameter it is, the longer and bigger pointer it required. Thus in - porportion, it needed a motor of bigger toque to drive it.

So I would advise you check with the sale what type of motor is used to drive it. Also since it is more expensive, you may want to rope in a longer warranty period for it. Make sure you have it back and white stated if the pointer stop, I can have free service......

Just my experience with big wall clock, buy for it and the clock pointer stop moving but I can still hear the motor running.

Edited by TPY

Try Anchorpoint basement. There is a shop selling furnitures, accessories and clocks. The clocks they have are like a painting with the clock hands at one corner of the "painting".

Novena.... :dunno:

oh ok...thanks! Will check it out this weekend!!

Hi AIR,

Sama sama I also have a 18" round clock. . Let me share my experiences of it.

Normaly wall clock do have a limitation in size. The bigger the diameter it is, the longer and bigger pointer it required. Thus in - porportion, it needed a motor of bigger toque to drive it.

So I would advise you check with the sale what type of motor is used to drive it. Also since it is more expensive, you may want to rope in a longer warranty period for it. Make sure you have it back and white stated if the pointer stop, I can have free service......

Just my experience with big wall clock, buy for it and the clock pointer stop moving but I can still hear the motor running.

Hi TPY, where you got your clock? Ya I saw most shops the biggest clock they have is only about 18in diameter....seldom got bigger than that...i dun mind 18inch as long as the hands are big enough because some clocks have big diameter but the clock interface is very small, the outer rim is only decoration nia....

Thanks for the tip! Will keep that in mind! :P

Try Anchorpoint basement. There is a shop selling furnitures, accessories and clocks. The clocks they have are like a painting with the clock hands at one corner of the "painting".

oh ok! Shall check out this too!! :dancingqueen:

Hi TPY, where you got your clock? Ya I saw most shops the biggest clock they have is only about 18in diameter....seldom got bigger than that...i dun mind 18inch as long as the hands are big enough because some clocks have big diameter but the clock interface is very small, the outer rim is only decoration nia....

Thanks for the tip! Will keep that in mind! :(

I got it from Toa Payoh central 10 years ago. Most probably the shop is closed today. Sorry.... After the incident 10 years ago, It is currently still moving.... :bow:

A pointer maybe is well known, do not use alkaline battery for wall clock. a normal type AA batteries will do.

I got it from Toa Payoh central 10 years ago. Most probably the shop is closed today. Sorry.... After the incident 10 years ago, It is currently still moving.... :bow:

A pointer maybe is well known, do not use alkaline battery for wall clock. a normal type AA batteries will do.

oh ok....think i don't hv to go all the way to tpy then...hehe...

Ya I've heard of that too...cannot use alkaline battery for clocks...

sidetrack a bit.. when i went to change batt for my watch the other day.. the person also told me that different watchmake have to use diff batt... like swiss watches.. cannot use those normal batt.. when i asked why.. she said it will affect its accuracy... true?? :bow:

sidetrack a bit.. when i went to change batt for my watch the other day.. the person also told me that different watchmake have to use diff batt... like swiss watches.. cannot use those normal batt.. when i asked why.. she said it will affect its accuracy... true?? :bow:

Probably because of the content in the kind of batteries or voltage required to run different kinds of watches?

Like e.g, a simple clock interface versus multi-interface (with global timings) kinds of watches? I would assume those with multi-interfaces would need a higher voltage to run, so not all batteries are suitable for a specific kind of watch. :(

Cos I have a quite a wide piece of wall that looks very plain...so if i put a small clock there, it would look very weird and I figured that we can afford to put a big clock there because of the space....furthermore, i like idea of being able to see the time from far without having to strain my eyes....hehe...

oic... :D

sidetrack a bit.. when i went to change batt for my watch the other day.. the person also told me that different watchmake have to use diff batt... like swiss watches.. cannot use those normal batt.. when i asked why.. she said it will affect its accuracy... true?? :notti:

ya, i ever buy a cheap clock for worksite use from those lelong shop. the guy told me those clocks from china, esp those cheap type and it include those alarm clock also, cannot use alkaline batt, must use those cheap batt if not the clock will not work... :dunno: i ask him why leh, he say he also duno :P

went to Living Instinct (tink their stuff r imported from europe) at IFC today, saw some very nice wall clocks there. quite reasonable price $30-$60 after 20% discount (got myself one at $40). they also hv those huge designer clocks (60cm x 60cm) selling for ~$300. the shop is opened by TCS actress May Phua as she was the one who served me 2day. tink they hv another outlet at anchor pt.

went to Living Instinct (tink their stuff r imported from europe) at IFC today, saw some very nice wall clocks there. quite reasonable price $30-$60 after 20% discount (got myself one at $40). they also hv those huge designer clocks (60cm x 60cm) selling for ~$300. the shop is opened by TCS actress May Phua as she was the one who served me 2day. tink they hv another outlet at anchor pt.

will check this out, thanks!