Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

wah!:dancingqueen: so fast so many replies liao ah!!! haha

i also have been hearing his singing from my place but lucky not too loud...........as for the beep beep...........hmm.........i think i used to noise as i was living opp an expressway so ok ba

I wonder if the dog owners around our area would be so kind to clear their dogs poo poo.........else got mines around the place not so nice leh.

But so far never gena heehee Good job!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Blur Blur: Do let us know the date & time. One of my friends who is staying in the neighbourhood is interested to attend.

So far, the beep beep sound reduced liao after NEA and LTA stepped in.

I hv feedback to Town Council with some suggestions to improve the estate. So far, my email had been re-directed to HDB and LTA for comments. Some extract of my email and West Coast TC reply:

Suggestions:

a) Re-paint all lines and arrows for service roads: The current ones are already fainted off

b) More signages for entry and exit points for vehicles: There is no prominent signage available to the drivers which exit and entrance are. Hence, I do see some drivers driving out of the estate through the entrance. This might lead to accidents.

c) More signages to indicate Block Number and the car park: If you observe, you can't see Blk 989A signage at the block when you drive. Therefore, a lot of my friends drove round the estate and still could not find the block. Also, when turning into the estate, should have a clear and precise signage to indicate the block nos and the car park else, visitor would park furtherest away from their intended block.

d) More entrance & exit points please: Because there is only one entrance and one exit point, there would be traffic jams along Jurong West St 93 and the service roads for vehicle waiting to come in and out. This is most evident during morning and evening rush hours.

e) Turning right for vehicles coming out of the estate: Currently, only left turn for vehicles out from the estate. Those who want to go to Blk 959 for food, have to turn left and make a U-turn at the next junction, which explains why some vehicles took shortcut by turning right out from the entrance point. Some vehicles even make U-turn at the turning right point for vehicles into the estate. It is very dangerous for pedestrians who are walking on the pavement as they might not able to notice vehicles making unauthorised turns.

f) Re-paint and repair the blocks and amenties: As the estate already five years old or maybe more, most of the blocks are having cracks all around, discolouration and some deterioration on the amenities. It is time to re-paint and repair the amenities to make the estate a wonderful and safer place to live in.

Reply:

"....Permit us to clarify that the planning of the infrastructure layout of your precinct, ie the number of entry/exit points for vehicles, including directional signages cited in your feedback, were originally designed and catered by the Housing & Development Board (HDB). We trust that HDB would have made comprehensive planning for your precinct to ensure that the entry/exit points and directional signages are sufficient to serve the precinct efficiently. Nevertheless, we have assisted to refer your suggestion and feedback to HDB Jurong West Branch Office for their attention and consideration for any improvement where feasible. You may wish to provide more details of your suggestions to the Branch Office at email buwadmin@hdb.gov.sg .

As for your request for a right turn for vehicles along Jurong West St 93 outside your precinct, the matter comes under the purview of the Land Transport Authority (LTA). By copy of this email, we have also assisted to refer your feedback and request to LTA for their consideration and attention to look into the feasibility. For further feedback on this issue, you may wish to email LTA at Feedback_Unit@lta.gov.sg .

On maintenance related issues, we have noted your feedback on some discolouration and shrinkage plaster cracks problem on the facade of some blocks at your precinct. Permit us to explain that the facade of HDB blocks will experience some localised paint peeling and dirty stains caused by weathering as part of the natural phenomenon due to wear and tear as the building ages. As such, our Town Council has a cyclical programme to carry out repainting of HDB blocks at a maintenance cycle of every 7 years under Repair & Redecoration (R&R) improvement work to address such phenomenon for aging HDB blocks. Currently, our Council has no plan to carry out any R&R works as the age of your precinct is still relatively new. Nevertheless, we will carry out localised repair and repainting work for some affected blocks in our routine maintenance, including re-painting the fading road marks at the service roads where necessary. We have also noted your feedback about the lift button's fault at Blk 989A, 10th floor to carry out service check and prompt repair...."

Edited by Sohbengkuan

aforahma if I rem correctly you oso same blk as me right ? hope you enjoy the new neighbourhood... tell you something more funny. One day, my hubby decided he had enuf of our neighbour singing at 11pm+ while he was watching soccer match, he shouted out from the window "ok ok enuf la" the singing immediately stopped ! so funny I was having a good laugh inside the bedroom.... however our live concert resume the next evening :bangwall:

blur blur... our new friend blurbug oso interested... keep us posted in this forum ok ? appreciate :bangwall:

huh jap food ingredient not fresh then no need to test liao lo

wah...got live concert in the neighbourhood also ah...ur neighbour in 989C rite...jialat..989b should be able to hear the live concert too rite?

Hey, ur hubby is a soccer fan too? Maybe weekends can watch together...provided he supports liverpool (keeping fingers crossed)...haha

aforahma if I rem correctly you oso same blk as me right ? hope you enjoy the new neighbourhood... tell you something more funny. One day, my hubby decided he had enuf of our neighbour singing at 11pm+ while he was watching soccer match, he shouted out from the window "ok ok enuf la" the singing immediately stopped ! so funny I was having a good laugh inside the bedroom.... however our live concert resume the next evening :P

yah i same blk as you hee hee. :dribble:

anyone know if the sports complex there got offer yoga class or not, feel like taking up the basic class when i move over. but wan to jio kakis.

Edited by aforahma

d) More entrance & exit points please: Because there is only one entrance and one exit point, there would be traffic jams along Jurong West St 93 and the service roads for vehicle waiting to come in and out. This is most evident during morning and evening rush hours.

Soh, I fully agree on this. The exit is jammed up almost every morning. We can stuck there for more than 10 min if we are late. I cant imagine what if some accident (choi!) or vehicle breakdown at the exit then all no need to go out liao. The whole estate only 1 entrance / exit its really insufficient to cater the daily rush hour traffic. Kudo to you for pointing this out to the authority. Thanks.

wah...got live concert in the neighbourhood also ah...ur neighbour in 989C rite...jialat..989b should be able to hear the live concert too rite?

Hey, ur hubby is a soccer fan too? Maybe weekends can watch together...provided he supports liverpool (keeping fingers crossed)...haha

blurbug, he's a die hard liverpool fans ! I was too when Owen still in the team haha. Ya we can get toether to watch soccer match. :)

anyone know if the sports complex there got offer yoga class or not, feel like taking up the basic class when i move over. but wan to jio kakis.

I know got kick boxing, dancing... not sure about yoga though.

Hi bengkuan, with regards to re-painting issues. I did email to West Coast TC few months back and the reply I got is that, they will start the re-painting works and repairs for our blocks only in year 2009 because of their cycles plan.

Personally, I feel that even though our blocks are relatively new, but is a bit run down and dirty.

Haha.. I will email to LTA to request for a overhead bridge at the main road for residents living in Blk 988a,b,c.... :dancingqueen:

ya lor........having just 1 entry and 1 exit is actually not idea......imagine a car break down or the road is blocked............den the whole area cannot drive in and out liao...........den *touch wood* ambulance.........fire-engine how wor?

ya lor........having just 1 entry and 1 exit is actually not idea......imagine a car break down or the road is blocked............den the whole area cannot drive in and out liao...........den *touch wood* ambulance.........fire-engine how wor?

as the entrance/exit is not distance away, imagine if both routes are block?! tink u gota modified ur vehicles to trransformers liao... :dancingqueen:

Edited by Zen2008

if that is the case.........wouldl that have the Zhu Cha Ji Ji sound ma? :notti:

Den later will LTA and NEA come and investigate ma? WAH HAHAHAHA!!!!:notti::dancingqueen:

ckoonyin gave me a good idea. Maybe I should also cc to SCDF for comments. They are more powderful when lives are at stake.

I think overhead bridge would be under utilised if the road divider are not fenced up to force pple to use it. Traffic light junction nearby would be good.

Agreed with Spinball that our estate is very run down. Should brighten the place up.

Hey hey aforma! I'm interested in exercise kakis! :~ I'm in B. 989B. hehe.... i dunno about yoga, how about aqua aerobics if u r interested in low impact workouts? 8| think that's pretty nice too. yeah.. more kakis more fun...

btw, any mahjong kakis here? :notti:

Edited by qaraj

Hey hey aforma! I'm interested in exercise kakis! 8| I'm in B. 989B. hehe.... i dunno about yoga, how about aqua aerobics if u r interested in low impact workouts? 8| think that's pretty nice too. yeah.. more kakis more fun...

btw, any mahjong kakis here? :~

Yes there is Yoga lesson for beginner in sportcomplex, course fee is ard $80 for 12 lessons. :notti:

Hmm... yr wife got join??

haha.. my gf will be delighted to hear that.... :~

Yes there is Yoga lesson for beginner in sportcomplex, course fee is ard $80 for 12 lessons. :notti:

Haha.. I will email to LTA to request for a overhead bridge at the main road for residents living in Blk 988a,b,c.... :furious:

argh spinball personally I hate overhead bridge la... lazy to climb la.