Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

my solid top got some problem so id send back another new set today and she is chasing us for $ but we still have some defects which we need her to rectify so how huh??? my id told me rectification canbe done at a later part but since work all complete le must pay her. how to argue back??? :bangwall:

missy,

my 2 cents worth - DO NOT settle the last payment until all rectify work is completed else you will face problem asking them to come back. They wont put you in priorty when come to rectify defects. My contractor (I refuse to acknowledge them as "ID" :furious: ) didn't even bother to follow up even with 10% balance payment and I was not happy to chase them (since only minor defects). So in the end I pay only after 3 months later after I move in when they completed all rectifying work at their own pace. Imagine if I made full payment, I dont think I will ever see them again.

So 坚持到底, hold the payment.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
my ceiling fan very artistic hor. not very satisfied with my platform the round curve and a few issue.Suppose to come up on sat to rectify but in the end they din.Really pissed off that i call them up and wanna speak to their boss but hapen is a sat boss not working. Told the workers dun care yr boss working anot....ask him call me immediately if not i am going down to CASE. So LL lor, the boss din call me but came down instead. Told him off and in the end...he redo the whole platform. Now finally up to my expectation liao. Scold too many ppls over the weekend not very good cos spoilt my mood therefore haven call the eletrician to scold them but will do so on this coming weekend. lol.

o ya need some advise from the fellow neighbours here. my payment term with the id is last 10% upon handover of premises so does that id got to finish all the rectification regardless big or small before i make the final payment???

my solid top got some problem so id send back another new set today and she is chasing us for $ but we still have some defects which we need her to rectify so how huh??? my id told me rectification canbe done at a later part but since work all complete le must pay her. how to argue back??? :bangwall:

Once money over , dun expect them to come back to do your rectification liao loh.

Must withhold some $$$ at least . Tell your ID this is to protect your interest too . What if she run road etc ?

Tell her no $$$$ will be paid as long as she never finish the rectification work .

Think she will fast fast do the work up if she need the $$$$ .... :notti:

haha. relac relac...

from e way i see it... DUN PAY~! until u cfm tt it is only touch up to be done & not any major rectification, ie; ur ID gota brg back item to re-do... dun care abt her.. if she not hapie, get her bozz 2 tok to u lar... haha.. btw, tiz is juz my opinion hor... u see as u deem fit ba... u shld kw my style nw ardy... not satisified no pay~ =P

if u need "lesson", look 4 mi, i teach u wat to say.. whaha....

oso importantly, see if u trust ur ID bo... for my case, i trusted him & paid all b4 touched up being done,, & of coz he delivered his work as promised...

I need lesson on one thing .

Regarding my painting work .

Remenber i did all my paint work , then hor the hdb come and hack all the living room tiles .

Now my ID " MIGHT " want to charge me for all the touch up as need to touch up quite a bit loh in the living room .

But as we know all touch up of paint work should be free as surely will be dirty sometimes , also did mention this before hand wor before signing contract but no black and white . how how ???

I need lesson on one thing .

Regarding my painting work .

Remenber i did all my paint work , then hor the hdb come and hack all the living room tiles .

Now my ID " MIGHT " want to charge me for all the touch up as need to touch up quite a bit loh in the living room .

But as we know all touch up of paint work should be free as surely will be dirty sometimes , also did mention this before hand wor before signing contract but no black and white . how how ???

haha... no lesson la... juz sharing my tots nia...

hmm~ tiz's trickey hor... IMHO, all paintwork shld include touch up wan, thus, no need B/W... moreover since u've told him b4hand, i feel tt he shldn;t charge u lor... perhaps u may wana "negotiate" w him tactfully bah... anywy, he haben say wana chrg u ritz... so shhh ~ :drunk:

haha... no lesson la... juz sharing my tots nia...

hmm~ tiz's trickey hor... IMHO, all paintwork shld include touch up wan, thus, no need B/W... moreover since u've told him b4hand, i feel tt he shldn;t charge u lor... perhaps u may wana "negotiate" w him tactfully bah... anywy, he haben say wana chrg u ritz... so shhh ~ :drunk:

He say he will see the extend how much touch up first before decide to charge or not ... Hope no charge loh.

Crossing my fingers for the next few weeks bah .....

So we can all go and test missy new platform ? :notti:

He say he will see the extend how much touch up first before decide to charge or not ... Hope no charge loh.

Crossing my fingers for the next few weeks bah .....

So we can all go and test missy new platform ? :notti:

try to "convince" him not to chrg lor... sure can wan la...

u knw, after my painting done liao.. den i chg my mind on the color on certain side of my wall (2rms & living rm), den "nego" w my ID, he no xtra chrg me.. hee ~

once she gv green light, we can all go chiong thr liao.. whaha... missysg missysg.. wru?

Edited by Zen2008

Help me check everyday when u get home k haha.

Ok, will help you to see.

yo...Sohbengkuan...send me the number too...me also want to change!

PMed you liao.

As for the last payment, IMHO, depending on your trust with your ID after several days of 相处,you can know whether to pay him before or after the rectifications. Afterall, you still got warranty for your stuff done by them. As long as you B&W to them on the defects, they can't denied and wait for time to be over. Like dat, kana sue, they sure lose one.

Once money over , dun expect them to come back to do your rectification liao loh.

Must withhold some $$$ at least . Tell your ID this is to protect your interest too . What if she run road etc ?

Tell her no $$$$ will be paid as long as she never finish the rectification work .

Think she will fast fast do the work up if she need the $$$$ .... :notti:

Ya...i agree with dlim...my house still got some minor rectifications that I have been chasing my ID to do but now left only 10% payment..he seems not interested.....say he will do, he will do...next weekend i check still havent move a bit...till i faired up and never call him...i see how long he can wait... :furious::furious:

I am going to hold his payment too until he completes whatever i tell him...

Hi All,

I am back from my exams.... How's everyone..

One good news.. The HDB officer mentioned that, I maybe able to change all my tiles.. Hope this include the kitchen and toilet de.. Hehe.. :dancingqueen: Dunno sure a not. She talked to my BF when I am busy studying for exams.. Saying that the living rooms tiles no more same batch stock. and dunno wat equipment they used.. she mentioned that there are some hollow that i nv mark.. She checked hollow faster than us.. Now she is seeking for approval from her Superior, will get back to my bf tml.. Hope to heard good news. Cross fingers. :thumbs up:

Ya...i agree with dlim...my house still got some minor rectifications that I have been chasing my ID to do but now left only 10% payment..he seems not interested.....say he will do, he will do...next weekend i check still havent move a bit...till i faired up and never call him...i see how long he can wait... :furious::furious:

Hmm sounds scary man.. My reno only start installation of carpentry and not completed yet..

And my hacked area flooring still not completed yet plus all those miscellaneous rectifiations..

Currently still holding 40% of payment, but ID want to collect tomorrow 30% first..

Feeling a bit insecure to give total of 90% (50%already paid) as carpentry not completed and flooring not completed...

How how?

Hi All,

One good news.. The HDB officer mentioned that, I maybe able to change all my tiles.. Hope this include the kitchen and toilet de.. Hehe.. :dancingqueen: Dunno sure a not. She talked to my BF when I am busy studying for exams.. Saying that the living rooms tiles no more same batch stock. and dunno wat equipment they used.. she mentioned that there are some hollow that i nv mark.. She checked hollow faster than us.. Now she is seeking for approval from her Superior, will get back to my bf tml.. Hope to heard good news. Cross fingers. :thumbs up:

Lolz. Post 2 mins before me!

Hi All,

:jawdrop: what happen to your tiles ?

Hope you get what you wish .Change everything :notti::notti::notti:

Keep us update

The new tiles they laid abit funny as compare to the orginal one .

Hmm sounds scary man.. My reno only start installation of carpentry and not completed yet..

And my hacked area flooring still not completed yet plus all those miscellaneous rectifiations..

Currently still holding 40% of payment, but ID want to collect tomorrow 30% first..

Feeling a bit insecure to give total of 90% (50%already paid) as carpentry not completed and flooring not completed...

How how?

??? That is alot compare that they had not complete much leh ......

Your contractor will come out pattern or not ? Do you trust him ?

Hi All,

great~! new tiles.. :notti:

haha... yalor.. let him wait... he sure do for u wan once his "accountant" realised why ur payment incomplete... :drunk:

Yo...look at your contract and see what it states...they should state the terms of payment...if not according to what has been put up...dun pay!

wa blurbug, really sound like my ID lo...same situation, I also pissed then refuse to call him anymore until he cannot wait he chased me back den anyhow send ppl to my unit without making appointment, so I even ask my maid not to open door for them else anyhow do since we are not at home. We only managed to clear everything (not really to my standard but I sian liao close 1 eye) 3 mths after we move in !

How how?

WXB, drag the 30% !!!! You got so much work not done pay 90% risky leh. At least until you are happy with the carpentry work when they complete the installation. Can nego one, if bo pian pay only half of the 30%. Else, no bargaining power later if you want them to work.