Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

I had my living room wooden skirting replaced with tiles. the BSC charged me $250 for it. Until now still not yet paid :notti: coz other defects area still not yet done. Once it done, I will pay them. Anyone of u got replace the skirting to tile and pay money to BSC? not sure this money is giving to HDB or the contractor keep.. hmmm :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Sohbengkuan, There are hollow which they said will inject the glue thingy in, but just refused to revarnish.

ckoonyin, how much did your ID charge you for the varnishing?

My living room skirting is in bad condition and even though i explained that the other rooms is not like this, they just refused to do anything more except revarnish it. But i doubt revarnish helps, cos there are brown patches all over, can see the big nails on it and one part the parquet skirting is black kinda like burned... This one i will complain to HDB next week after i go take clear picture on weekends...Sigh!

My brother took the unit above me, he just got his key and his skirting is so much nicer than mine...

I was charged $150 per room.

As for the brown patches, are the like diff colour pieces of the parquet? Cuase if so, i think it is like that one.....

I would still take the pics and show to them.......better still, show them the diff between ure brother's place and yours :dancingqueen:

ckoonyin, $150 is cheap! The ID i going to sign charge me like $470 per room, some contrator i asked told me is around $200 per room!

Is there any major differents before and after varnish?

dsc00040ew1.jpg

Like this, but it is all over my living room skirting, whilst the other rooms dun have...

I heard them saying this is putty?

dsc00037mq6.jpg

This part is like black black, Some contrator told me because water get into the skirting... the behind is the water pipe, so most likely the water came out from there but they already fixed the problem leaving behind this ugly skirting.

Is all these 'normal'?

wah valerie,

ur skirting and flooring looks terrible.... hope e BSC can do something bt it....

well, any1 knows whether our rooms flooring r laminated flooring or parquet??

irvin, both picture is on the living room skirting... not the floor. Terrible hor, the contractor very bad one, keep telling me is normal. I still waiting for my dear hubby to write the complain letter!

Hmmm, i think is parquet...

If laminated it will look very smooth and flat kind right?

Any comments on the this fridge from existing users? Cause i really need to book a fridge really soon as we need to start reno next week. So as for the length, anyone can advise on this? Cause i got a constraint of 70cm.

Thanks a million.

ckoonyin, $150 is cheap! The ID i going to sign charge me like $470 per room, some contrator i asked told me is around $200 per room!

Is there any major differents before and after varnish?

dsc00040ew1.jpg

Like this, but it is all over my living room skirting, whilst the other rooms dun have...

I heard them saying this is putty?

dsc00037mq6.jpg

This part is like black black, Some contrator told me because water get into the skirting... the behind is the water pipe, so most likely the water came out from there but they already fixed the problem leaving behind this ugly skirting.

Is all these 'normal'?

Cheap ah? the most ex i heard was $200 only leh

wah valerie,

ur skirting and flooring looks terrible.... hope e BSC can do something bt it....

well, any1 knows whether our rooms flooring r laminated flooring or parquet??

Not too sure about it..........some say it is laminated flooring..some say parquet floring..........but i think it's laminated........cause parquet will be very ex

Any comments on the this fridge from existing users? Cause i really need to book a fridge really soon as we need to start reno next week. So as for the length, anyone can advise on this? Cause i got a constraint of 70cm.

Thanks a million.

70Cm ? very tight leh i think........also dependent on how many litres u wan your fridge to be also leh.

I got constrain on fridge size too... currently aiming Panasonic NRB261MS6. Which brand is made in Japan huh?

hmmmm..........good question........but i think all also same same one.........cause made in thailand or japan the diff would be pricing........and if u get extended warranty, can tahan for at least 5 yrs liao ma

va|er1e: Your skirting is sloppily done. very bad workmanship. Shld not even have nails. You may want to bring this up to QSM of HDB, email: qsm@hdb.gov.sg. I was like u when they insisted that the hollow sounds from all the toilets floor tiles are normal. I dun buy their reason so complained to Branch Office who ignored and so going after QSM for reply. So the HDB tech team came down personally to convince me that it was normal. Anyway, we all know that that should not be the case. my objective is to get them to ack the hollow sounds so that when water leaks to below level, they better consider first before point at me to pay.

As for the fride, if want to choose Japan made, go for Panasonic NR-376MX which is fully made in Japan and using inverter too. Got three ticks. But rather ex, at 1499.

irvin: Floor is parquet.

Oh ya i forgot to mention, the brown patch thingy, which i assume is putty was used to cover up the nails, cos i can still see the nails. Why they do until like this huh? *sickening*

ckoonyin, if i need to varnish, can your ID help me do at $150 too? Haha

Sohbengkuan, thanks. I try complain to HDB the one in charge of my account one first, if doesn't help, i will email to the QSM. BTW, QSM stands for what?

So did they change the toilet tiles for you? I forgot whether my hubby got check the toilet tiles or not sia.

I really wonder how some people get their problem easily fixed whilst some doesn't? Sigh.

For fridge ar, my budget is below $800 lor. Those 3 ticks one all very big and expensive...

Oh ya i forgot to mention, the brown patch thingy, which i assume is putty was used to cover up the nails, cos i can still see the nails. Why they do until like this huh? *sickening*

ckoonyin, if i need to varnish, can your ID help me do at $150 too? Haha

Sohbengkuan, thanks. I try complain to HDB the one in charge of my account one first, if doesn't help, i will email to the QSM. BTW, QSM stands for what?

So did they change the toilet tiles for you? I forgot whether my hubby got check the toilet tiles or not sia.

I really wonder how some people get their problem easily fixed whilst some doesn't? Sigh.

For fridge ar, my budget is below $800 lor. Those 3 ticks one all very big and expensive...

QSM - Quality Service Manager.

No lah, never get them to change the tiles cos I got no time for them. Furthermore, will be diff colour cos diff batch of tiles. Just want them to commit what they said. I even pressed them for black & white. I believe yours too have hollow sound. According to a relative of mine who was former contractor, told me that the sound was due to the mixing of cement and waterproofing membrane in wrong proportion.

Anyway, the HDB tech team committed themselves by saying that the concrete and waterprooofing membrane used are of superior quality unlike those older estate, so should not leak.

Japan made fride very ex one.

Sohbengkuan, oic.

They told me they using superior quality stuff for almost everything in the house :dunno:

hahaha... except those that we see as defects. Anyway, my relative commented that the condition of the house is considered good since there were no major defects found (like cracks on the walls, crack tiles etc).

Anyway. I did not check for the parquet cos I dun have the strength to squat down and start knocking for three rooms. Only when I moved in, then I started to notice hollow parquet tiles in the bedrooms. So this fri, the contractors are coming to fix them & also to touch up the holes appearing in btw the tiles of my toilets.

Err.... serious ar... BSC can change wooden skirting to tiles?? hmm... $250 seems reasonable to me.... But too late liao... can't do it now... if we know that earlier, definitely will ask them to change to tiles.... dun really like the timber skirting we have.....

I had my living room wooden skirting replaced with tiles. the BSC charged me $250 for it. Until now still not yet paid :yamseng: coz other defects area still not yet done. Once it done, I will pay them. Anyone of u got replace the skirting to tile and pay money to BSC? not sure this money is giving to HDB or the contractor keep.. hmmm !!