Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wendily

Our Home!

just a bit of updates.. My flooring are all done... Went to the new house at noon today.. But it's not handover yet as they have not clean up the place, and also a few more defects to be rectify.

Surprisgly there was no afternoon sun and my house looks so dark!!

Sorry for the very dark pictures.

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

WOW.. its been quite a while since i last update.

My reno has started.

There were some problems with the HDB contractor on the tiling works. Has been 2 months, but till date, they have yet to rectify the tiling defects. :dribble: Getting really frustrated!:dribble:

They have delayed my air con works and reno works..

NO choice.. decided to get it started anyway.

My 2 become 1 bed room.

We decided to hack the bedroom and master bed room into 1.

Making the MBR into our 'mini living room/study room' and the bedroom into our MBR instead. LOL

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

Hi there!

hopes your reno goes smoothly! Infact we've got almost the same idea! I also make 2 bedroom become 1 bedroom. Half of my masterbedroom will be my study area another half will be my walk-in wardrobe. And I will be sleeping in the other bedroom which is supposingly not the masterbedroom. My EA has literally become a 3rm flat, because I also hack away my "by-right" study room to become part of the living area. haha! !!

Hi there!

hopes your reno goes smoothly! Infact we've got almost the same idea! I also make 2 bedroom become 1 bedroom. Half of my masterbedroom will be my study area another half will be my walk-in wardrobe. And I will be sleeping in the other bedroom which is supposingly not the masterbedroom. My EA has literally become a 3rm flat, because I also hack away my "by-right" study room to become part of the living area. haha! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi RenoGirl,

i think our ideas are very similar, i also have the WIW in my master and also the other half will be the 'mini living/study area'.

My study room and the other bedroom will be for my in laws.

But luckily, still managed to convinced hubby to let us have 2 rooms! LOL...

haha.. My in-laws will also be staying with me. anyway ur AD and reno is so close... if I am you, I might collapse.. due to stress. My reno alone is stressing me up, the progress, the money$$.. :):sport-smiley-004: kills. Infact, my hubby and I havent even plan for our AD.

Anyway side-track abit, Bukit Panjang is a nice place!! Gd choice! I've live here for 20yrs, :dribble:

haha.. My in-laws will also be staying with me. anyway ur AD and reno is so close... if I am you, I might collapse.. due to stress. My reno alone is stressing me up, the progress, the money$$.. :dunno::dunno: kills. Infact, my hubby and I havent even plan for our AD.

Anyway side-track abit, Bukit Panjang is a nice place!! Gd choice! I've live here for 20yrs, :help:

How u know when is my AD ah! hahaha

Yeah.. we are very stress now.. many times almost cancelled everything.. LOL

I think thats the prcess lor...

Some updates for the flat.

All the structures are up, my WIW and the study room are all partitioned up.

There's a bit of problem is that, i think the hacking works were too intensed, that my ID told me that the left over wall might collapse and asked us to pay for some reinforcement work.

Finally, the air con is up! Instead of the daikin system 4 that we ordered in the first place, decided to go for Fujitsu system 3 + 1 as recommended by my bro. Since not topping up any money, and the btu for each room is much higher, we decided to go for the change. But, the design of the air con not very nice leh.

Island is also up!! Just the kerb only, but you can see how the island wil be in the kitchen.

Kitchen Island

DSC00987.jpg

Study Room for MIL

DSC00988.jpg

WIW (The small room will be the bedroom for us)

DSC00989.jpg

My aircon

DSC00990.jpg

Bookmarking this thread cos I simply love the idea of having an island in the kitchen but always find it hard to incoporate it into a typical HDB kitchen. Great updates and looking forward to more photos :sport-smiley-004:

Bookmarking this thread cos I simply love the idea of having an island in the kitchen but always find it hard to incoporate it into a typical HDB kitchen. Great updates and looking forward to more photos :sport-smiley-004:

Hi there,

Thanks for coming to my thread!!

We are thankful that we have a kitchen big enough to fit an island.

We didn't think of having it till flipping through magazines and thought it would be nice.

Definately will try to post up more pictures soon!

Agree.. an island just gives a luxurious feel to any kitchen but you need to have the space for it. Definitely one of the must haves for me when the time comes :dribble: But looking at the flat sizes now, its difficult !!

Yes, more pics pls .. heh. Just told my girlfriend about this forum and waiting for her to register herself. Really loads of information available.

Hi there,

Thanks for coming to my thread!!

We are thankful that we have a kitchen big enough to fit an island.

We didn't think of having it till flipping through magazines and thought it would be nice.

Definately will try to post up more pictures soon!

hi Wendily! when u install the air con did ur id instruct how the trunkings should run? or no matter how it is run id will have their way to hide the trunkings? cos i hvn start my reno due to the delay of the defects not rectify by hdb :yamseng:

hi Wendily! when u install the air con did ur id instruct how the trunkings should run? or no matter how it is run id will have their way to hide the trunkings? cos i hvn start my reno due to the delay of the defects not rectify by hdb :thumbs up:

Halo blackapple,

the aircon installers will tell you how they will run their trunking from the way you tell them where you want your aircon to be.

normally they will advice you the shortest route so that lesser trunking will be exposed.

For mine, i haven't took the pictures of the trunking yet, but when you see it, i think you will faint. haha.. my MBR is almost covered with trunkings!! As the air con ledge is from the MBR, so normally you will see more trunkings in that room.

There's no way to hide the trunkings, unless you do box up for the trunkings.

But i think after you paint the room, the trunking will not be so obvious. For new flats now i think difficult to hide the trunkings. For my sis flat, her trunkings are all on the ground, so cannot see it at all. I think its not allowed now.

U keep calling the HDB to ask them to rectify your defects faster. Mine took bout 2 months. But anyway i still start my reno first, coz HDB very slow one..

Which area do u stay?

Halo blackapple,

the aircon installers will tell you how they will run their trunking from the way you tell them where you want your aircon to be.

normally they will advice you the shortest route so that lesser trunking will be exposed.

For mine, i haven't took the pictures of the trunking yet, but when you see it, i think you will faint. haha.. my MBR is almost covered with trunkings!! As the air con ledge is from the MBR, so normally you will see more trunkings in that room.

There's no way to hide the trunkings, unless you do box up for the trunkings.

But i think after you paint the room, the trunking will not be so obvious. For new flats now i think difficult to hide the trunkings. For my sis flat, her trunkings are all on the ground, so cannot see it at all. I think its not allowed now.

U keep calling the HDB to ask them to rectify your defects faster. Mine took bout 2 months. But anyway i still start my reno first, coz HDB very slow one..

Which area do u stay?

hi hi!! thanks load for the advice! hehe :) they give us date line said by mid jan 08 will rectify everything so we wait and see haha.... at first tot want to ask them do faster but the officer say dont rush them if not later things not done properly cos too rush.. then we say ok lo

wow! ur sis house so stylo the air con pipe cant see de i also want haha~~ but u say now cannot do that. the officer say we cannot let our id do anything first till they officially hand over our house back then we can do the reno :deal: ..me at sembawang :( hope to see more pics from u~~:P

btw wendliy~~ ur floor tiles all ceramic tiles ah? i see from the pics look like homo tiles so nice hehe.. then what is the theme of ur house? :jawdrop:

hi hi!! thanks load for the advice! hehe :dancingqueen: they give us date line said by mid jan 08 will rectify everything so we wait and see haha.... at first tot want to ask them do faster but the officer say dont rush them if not later things not done properly cos too rush.. then we say ok lo

wow! ur sis house so stylo the air con pipe cant see de i also want haha~~ but u say now cannot do that. the officer say we cannot let our id do anything first till they officially hand over our house back then we can do the reno !! ..me at sembawang :fire: hope to see more pics from u~~:P

btw wendliy~~ ur floor tiles all ceramic tiles ah? i see from the pics look like homo tiles so nice hehe.. then what is the theme of ur house? !!

Hi,

Yeah, all my tiles are ceremic.. Actually when you are doing your tiles you must be careful, coz as recommended by the HDB contractor, we went to this shop to get our tiles, but they didn't tell us what kind of tiles we choose, or adviced if its good or not. End up we pay for ceramic tiles, but people say the price can buy homo tiles also.

some pictures of my aircon trunking. as you can see, its not very nice, coz the trunking are all over the place. but no choice. have to just paint it.

I'm going for minimalist theme, but not sure if i can achieve it. My house will be in more black and white theme.

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

Edited by wendily

Our L box i up... When i went to the house, it was pretty dark already, didn't manage to take pictures for the rest of the area.

Our reno work is quite slow i must say, wonder if the ID can hand over to us on the 4th Jan as agreed! Praying hard..

I was wondering if i should paint the inner ceiling black. Any advice. Leaving the L box white and the rest inside black. Will it make my house looks darker?

LIVING HALL

DSC01036.jpg

DINING AREA

DSC01037.jpg