Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Burryzz

Box Up Above Chimney Hood? Necessary?

Hi all,

can someone advise me if the box up above chimney hood is necessary? my ID said that if I change the slim hood to chimney hood.. he will still have to charge me the 3ft cabinet price for the cabinet planned originally above the slim hood as he has to do the box up above the chimney hood?

Is he stating the truth? why need the box up? so Ex? at cabinet price? :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My ID took out 3ft when I mentioned that I am going for a chimmy hood. A saving for almost $300... Hence, I think it really depends on your ID and whether you need to cover up any piping.

thats a lot of savings!:P! :sport-smiley-004:

:P

My ID took out 3ft when I mentioned that I am going for a chimmy hood. A saving for almost $300... Hence, I think it really depends on your ID and whether you need to cover up any piping.

Btw Cindy-Monkeybone, do you mind show me a picture of your chimney hood so that i can prove to my contractor? :jawdrop:

aye dun kenna smoke hor...the price of a boxup is different from cabinet. normally they charge the same boxup/cabinet price when u boxup the pipes at the cabinet area, so they already earn. actually u dun do boxup also can just have the chimmney extended all the way to the top. some chimmney like rinnai are extensible. my house is old house have a protuding edge so no choice have to do boxup, if no protuding edge can don't need to do.

Ya. It depends on each choice if they want to do the box up or not. Then you may have to agree upon their pricing lor. Cos I dun think if you remove the space and let another do will be cheaper, instead it will be more costly as they will include transport cost, etc.

have you asked you ID why he need to charge the price if changing to chimney hood?

I mean come on, its all logical, i'll never want to box up because i still want it to look

like a chimney. So if you are not using the the box up, why should you you pay?

Hi, Just saw your request ! Here is a photo of my chimmy hood.

As there is a beam right above the hood, the hood cannot be extended to the ceiling . Therefore, my ID installed a FOC shelf on top the hood to cover the hole. Thanks ID.

PICT0025.jpg

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

• Like 1

Hi Cindy

Good to have chimmy hood, Look classy.

Mine cannot install chimmy hood and my wife against it too! :notti:

And my stove will not be in line against the wall.

Envy you lah!

HAPPY

Hi, Just saw your request ! Here is a photo of my chimmy hood.

As there is a beam right above the hood, the hood cannot be extended to the ceiling . Therefore, my ID installed a FOC shelf on top the hood to cover the hole. Thanks ID.

PICT0025.jpg

I will not be boxing up or making top cabinet to house my chimney hood. I prefer to expose the stainless steel hood. It looks less cluttered. But I quite like the idea of having a simple ledge above the hood.

Extra laminates ( labour ) are used for the boths side ( left/ right ) cabinets at chimney hoob area only.

Box- up is not neccessary as the chimney has its own ventilation slits for hot air to escape.It will also have a 'cleaner' & posh' look.

Try to bargain for foc or lower price ;)