Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wilberforce

:: J&a Lovenest @ Jalan Membina ::

Got my keys on 2 Jan... started reno 2 days after that and target to complete by 28 Feb.

btw, when did u start ur reno and expected date to complete?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Btw... just FYI, we did overlay method for our parquet in all three bedrooms.... cost us $2.6k. I like it very much as it gives the rooms much needed warmth.... in a rich coffee brown colour.

I think customised study tables are the most expensive stuff, given the simple materials involved. We also try to avoid a lot of built-ins so that we don't have to worry about the laminates being chipped off in the future due to wear and tear. We have more of a buy, use, throw-away attitude. :~

:notti:

Wah... yours is so much cheaper when I didn't even have parquet. However, I have platform for mbr ($1.7k), false ceilings for living/dining, bedrooms and master bathroom ($2.3k), my study table and cabinet ($2.2k), wardrobe at BR 2 ($1.3k). But total only $7.5k here :P

Btw... have you thought of how you will deco the place? We just came back from a short holiday to Shenzhen in Dec.... been there many times... great food, great shopping. But this time, we also went to the oil painting village that is suppose to be famous as they supply oil paintings to hotels all over the world. Rows and rows of shops selling all sorts of paintings.

Can I have the address of the painting village?

Btw... just FYI, we did overlay method for our parquet in all three bedrooms.... cost us $2.6k. I like it very much as it gives the rooms much needed warmth.... in a rich coffee brown colour.

I think customised study tables are the most expensive stuff, given the simple materials involved. We also try to avoid a lot of built-ins so that we don't have to worry about the laminates being chipped off in the future due to wear and tear. We have more of a buy, use, throw-away attitude. !!

we wanted built-in stuff so as to maximise the limited space we have. yes, the study table was really expensive but we're suckers for the fact that it can be "kept" by pulling it 90 deg to the storage cabinet :dancingqueen:

whoa... u're really shenzhen di tou she!

Wife and I really enjoy the place. Low cost carrier range and everything is cheaper than HK. Nice weather if you go during winter...10+ to 20+ degrees. But if you go during summer, there will be more suitable clothings to buy.

Great place for shop for clothes, shoes, bags.... and lots of good food at very reasonable prices. Some seafood like the sturgeon fish (China bred, not the endangered kind), you don't even get in Singapore or HK. Love that fish!

And no... I don't get commission from the tourism authorities... haha...

Think we plan will go there every 1-2 years... that is... if RMB doesn't appreciate too much!!

we wanted built-in stuff so as to maximise the limited space we have. yes, the study table was really expensive but we're suckers for the fact that it can be "kept" by pulling it 90 deg to the storage cabinet :dancingqueen:

whoa... u're really shenzhen di tou she!

dont forget to go Tai Ping Yang- a 4 storey massage parlour for both sexes

1 hr massage only cost $38 (if you spend more than $60), you get a free night stay

I love going shenzhen too...if you can afford to stay in a lavish hotel...try Interconti, 5 mins drive from Window of the world!

One of the best hotel i ever stayed in! :fire:

Hey Wilberforce, haven't seen any updates from you..... how was your reno??

Mine is about 98% complete and we have moved into bishan.

will definitely consider shenzhen the next time i wan a short break :D

Hey Wilberforce, haven't seen any updates from you..... how was your reno??

Mine is about 98% complete and we have moved into bishan.

harlow... was really busy with all the moving-in stuff. long time never login liao.

thank god the reno was completed on schedule and we managed to move-in last sunday :dunno: but the place is not fully unpacked yet so never take pix. will do so soon :(

how was your move-in? got pix to share?

Move in was smooth enough but still got a few little issues to solve with contractor.

Now in HK on business.

As for pictures... check out this thread... where I have uploaded some... including the main painting I bought from ShenZhen:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12521

harlow... was really busy with all the moving-in stuff. long time never login liao.

thank god the reno was completed on schedule and we managed to move-in last sunday :bow: but the place is not fully unpacked yet so never take pix. will do so soon zz

how was your move-in? got pix to share?

Move in was smooth enough but still got a few little issues to solve with contractor.

Now in HK on business.

As for pictures... check out this thread... where I have uploaded some... including the main painting I bought from ShenZhen:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12521

wow... the painting is really nice! easy to carry back too i guess. cozy home you've got there :bow:

Thanks. Do post more pictures of ur place when u have the chance. :dancingqueen:

wow... the painting is really nice! easy to carry back too i guess. cozy home you've got there :notti: