Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

Saturday went to show the house to one of my FH overseas friends. Saw they were painting. Think the 2 painters were Indonesian or Malaysian malays cause he speak I no understand, I speak english they reply in what sounds like indonesian :good: We chicken an duck talk

Anyway they were painting the undercoat. It looked quite good . Think it was 2nd coat some more . 4-5pm on a Saturday they were still working .

Monday late afternoon went back the house to sign and pay for our basins and lights and taps. When we reached the house, was shocked to see they almost finish all the painting :dribble: Except for the varnishing of the room doors.

The painting was not bad. Not perfect but most were in line and only 1 or 2 blotches here and there :dunno:

Met Max there to tell him where to put the lights was quite shocked to see Steven there also . Last time he told us his reservist was until Tuesday. Seems like he got release early, I guess would be noon on Monday and he was at the house at 4pm :dribble: My FH say he siao on :good:

Anyway they painted our main door white color, the gate also. My FH wanted the dark wood color, so called Steven he say can change if we wanted. So we told him to change it to brown color :good: Gate also change.. Brown door with white gate would look very weird.

Showed him the cracked tile also, he said he will check with tiler if it can be changed, if can ask him to change for us. Anyway we told him if cannot never mind cause its behind the washer .

Cause of budget constraint we bought our rain shower piece by piece instead of 1 set. :D

1 whole set would cost us about 300+ (since we wanted the slim shower head). We bought mixer , diverter, shower head, hand shower and shower arm all seperately. Asked Steven to ask him plumber cut us a length of stainless steel pipe to connect diverter with the shower arm . Saved about $150 in total :dunno:

Oh yeah we told Max we heard about his customer in the forum and told him we even know which free gift he give , even to the model of the hob and hood. :P He was so shocked . :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Saturday went to show the house to one of my FH overseas friends. Saw they were painting. Think the 2 painters were Indonesian or Malaysian malays cause he speak I no understand, I speak english they reply in what sounds like indonesian :good: We chicken an duck talk

Anyway they were painting the undercoat. It looked quite good . Think it was 2nd coat some more . 4-5pm on a Saturday they were still working .

Monday late afternoon went back the house to sign and pay for our basins and lights and taps. When we reached the house, was shocked to see they almost finish all the painting :dribble: Except for the varnishing of the room doors.

The painting was not bad. Not perfect but most were in line and only 1 or 2 blotches here and there :dunno:

Met Max there to tell him where to put the lights was quite shocked to see Steven there also . Last time he told us his reservist was until Tuesday. Seems like he got release early, I guess would be noon on Monday and he was at the house at 4pm :dribble: My FH say he siao on :good:

Anyway they painted our main door white color, the gate also. My FH wanted the dark wood color, so called Steven he say can change if we wanted. So we told him to change it to brown color :good: Gate also change.. Brown door with white gate would look very weird.

Showed him the cracked tile also, he said he will check with tiler if it can be changed, if can ask him to change for us. Anyway we told him if cannot never mind cause its behind the washer .

Cause of budget constraint we bought our rain shower piece by piece instead of 1 set. :D

1 whole set would cost us about 300+ (since we wanted the slim shower head). We bought mixer , diverter, shower head, hand shower and shower arm all seperately. Asked Steven to ask him plumber cut us a length of stainless steel pipe to connect diverter with the shower arm . Saved about $150 in total :dunno:

Oh yeah we told Max we heard about his customer in the forum and told him we even know which free gift he give , even to the model of the hob and hood. :P He was so shocked . :dunno:

Didn't know steven was released early. He told us Tues too. And he buzz my cell on Tuesday too.

Painting liaoz... all carpentry should be soon ya...

So happy for you!

Didn't know steven was released early. He told us Tues too. And he buzz my cell on Tuesday too.

Painting liaoz... all carpentry should be soon ya...

So happy for you!

Thanks Darrenelle :good::~

Yup yup, Steven told us most likely they will be doing the 1st washing of the place this week, followed up carpentry installation.

We are taking delivery of our oven and stuff next tuesday, so after that most of the stuff should be in. Hopefully they manage to get Citygas to run the pipes, Steven mentioned that we missed one appoint. I think they need it up before the carpentry can go on

Fingers crossed the carpentry is good ..... cause Mr K thread got people mention their carpentry had problem, eventhough Mr K rectified it

Thanks Darrenelle :rofl::(

Yup yup, Steven told us most likely they will be doing the 1st washing of the place this week, followed up carpentry installation.

We are taking delivery of our oven and stuff next tuesday, so after that most of the stuff should be in. Hopefully they manage to get Citygas to run the pipes, Steven mentioned that we missed one appoint. I think they need it up before the carpentry can go on

Fingers crossed the carpentry is good ..... cause Mr K thread got people mention their carpentry had problem, eventhough Mr K rectified it

Really? didn't follow up on that thread. I think there bound to be some problem, be it minor or major. Let's embrace. Being able to rectify is very important also i think.

Weeee...... can't wait to hear more from you. :notti:

Oh yeah we told Max we heard about his customer in the forum and told him we even know which free gift he give , even to the model of the hob and hood. :notti: He was so shocked . :rofl:

You gave me away! :rofl:

Now cant ask for more free gifts liao :( But seriously i cant ask for more since what he give me is already a lot... Better let him make some...

You gave me away! :rofl:

Now cant ask for more free gifts liao :notti: But seriously i cant ask for more since what he give me is already a lot... Better let him make some...

eh.. so it's u ah... keke...

You gave me away! :(

Now cant ask for more free gifts liao :rofl: But seriously i cant ask for more since what he give me is already a lot... Better let him make some...

Oops .... :notti:

He was telling my FH, "Waa you all so kai fang, everything also tell"

I learn today that to inspect house MUST go during the morning when it's nice and bright.

Initially today went down because over weekend we went to see the house , saw a small crack on the cornice, wanted to add new power socket and also today was delivery for our hob, hood and oven. Told Steven about it on Monday, so he say he will meet my FH in the house today.

My FH (stay nearby) walk over to hawker center eat breakfast (saw TCS Lee Jing MEI and Zhen Shi Mei fliming) then walk over to our house. He say Lee Jing Mei and Zhen Shi Mei quite pretty and sweet 8|8|

While waiting for the delivery and Steven, he walk walk look look around the house. WAAAHH morning can notice more things we didnt notice when we were there on Saturday afternoon.

Saw the pipe lay by Citygas, they badly chipped/crack the edge of our tiles!:jawdrop::P Got one hole there that they try to patch with plaster but did a lousy job of it. The pipe clip they put in that hole, cause hole too big and plaster lousy can easily pull out!:jawdrop::curse:

Also , the water pipe which was laid before they lay the gas pipe, they pull out of the holder to lay their pipe!:bow::( Pull till the screw holder (err is it call that? that red thing they put inside the drilled hold) also yanked out of the wall!:D Leave it dangling there!:notti::curse:

End up my one armed FH (he injured his one arm) knock the water pipe back himself!! :curse: Lucky knock back still okay

Then my FH wander around checking the paint work. Generally okay but he saw a air bubble underneath the paint :curse: on the wall of the MBR. WHole house just that place 1 air bubble!:notti::(

Anyway by that time Steven and Max came liao. They also got the cornice person to come down to patch the cracked cornice. Not bad, we tell on Monday, Tuesday he get people to fix

My FH told Steven the faults. Steven say will try to patch back the tile for us . But he say the tile wont drop off or what due to the crack. My FH knock knock say the tile quite okay. The paint bubble he put a masking tape say he will get people to fix. Then Max very funny, he check it liao, then he start to scratch at the paint. My FH also scratch. End up Max and my FH 2 of them keep scratching and peeling off the pain at the air bubble area. Like 2 kids Until one big patch drop off :notti::notti:

Hopefully they can fix it....at least they didnt try to cover up the problem and agree to fix it.

Reno really learning experience , learning everytime we go to house waht to check

Anyway next week we getting our carpentry then 2 more weeks HANDOVER!:yeah:! : :good::good: hopefully that is :notti::notti:

Edited by kajua

Hi Celest,

It looks like carpentry work should start soon for you. :notti:

We are still in the midst of selecting ID. :bow:

About Ideal house, Steven doesn't have much ideas to propose. Mainly is when I asked then they answer.

Did he go shopping with you for tiles and stuffs? Did they provide you with any ideas and how colors should combine? :bath:

I am sure I will be a very ngiao person when the reno will start. :D

Edited by darrenelle

Steven came along when we went to select tiles with Max. I think he is quite enthuiastic that day and gave a lot of suggestions. But the salesman at Hafary is the best, he gives ideas non-stop!

Steven came along when we went to select tiles with Max. I think he is quite enthuiastic that day and gave a lot of suggestions. But the salesman at Hafary is the best, he gives ideas non-stop!

thanks hobbes187, did steven/ max contribute to ideas for design and color combination?

for us, we told him what we want. he did not say if it is a good idea till we ask him. he doesn't seem pro active leh haha...

but with good recommendation from u all, we are still considering of engaging them.

Hi Celest,

It looks like carpentry work should start soon for you. :good:

We are still in the midst of selecting ID. :(

About Ideal house, Steven doesn't have much ideas to propose. Mainly is when I asked then they answer.

Did he go shopping with you for tiles and stuffs? Did they provide you with any ideas and how colors should combine? :unsure:

I am sure I will be a very ngiao person when the reno will start. :P

Yup yup . Our carpentry should start soon. Our electrical left that big box near the door to put up. Dont have that box all the lights installed but no power!:notti::dancingqueen: So now if we go to the house in evening time must bring torchlight :notti:

Today my FH just went to the house after work , he walk around with a torch light to see to check for progres while I was out with my colleagues :notti::notti:

He says our basins are installed, locks changed, shower installed, WC installed, sliding kitchen doors installed, bi-fold doors installed, curtain rod installed :dribble: the big patch of paint Steven say he will get the guys down on Saturday to fix it and paint/varnish our doors

Yeah when talking about the quote Steven is a bit quiet. When we first met him, I had the same impression (my FH thought he was okay though ) . But I guess design ideas is very subjective. In our case, we knew exactly what we wanted, so there was nothing much for him to design. Steven just did it according to what we told him. He stuck to our expectation and then help us jazz up with his color scheme suggestion, laminates usage and tiles combination etc etc. That I found he was quite good and daring in their usage. We had the same experience as hobbes during tile selection, Steven, Max and the Hafary sales guy (Simon i think) was running around matching tiles to show us :D . The best was he found a way to let me use that lime green tile i loved!:notti::dribble:

Truth to say initially when I saw his 3D designs, except for the MBR layout, I didn't like it at all. But my FH said it seems quite nice. So we went ahead with it and now after seeing it done (except for the carpentry), it actually turn out very good. So I guess somehow I was lucky I trusted his taste. But then like I said its quite subjective

I think in your case maybe you need to tell him your expectation and then ask him to propose ideas lor. He did tell my FH previously, his design from dont know which place got posted in magazine before, so I guess he has ideas but I guess he is those type that will try to fullfill your expectation instead of the other type of ID that will use your house as a blank canvas for them to draw and then see if you like it.

-Celest

Edited by kajua

Yup yup . Our carpentry should start soon. Our electrical left that big box near the door to put up. Dont have that box all the lights installed but no power!:notti::) So now if we go to the house in evening time must bring torchlight :sport-smiley-004:

Today my FH just went to the house after work , he walk around with a torch light to see to check for progres while I was out with my colleagues :rofl::rofl:

He says our basins are installed, locks changed, shower installed, WC installed, sliding kitchen doors installed, bi-fold doors installed, curtain rod installed :notti: the big patch of paint Steven say he will get the guys down on Saturday to fix it and paint/varnish our doors

Yeah when talking about the quote Steven is a bit quiet. When we first met him, I had the same impression (my FH thought he was okay though ) . But I guess design ideas is very subjective. In our case, we knew exactly what we wanted, so there was nothing much for him to design. Steven just did it according to what we told him. He stuck to our expectation and then help us jazz up with his color scheme suggestion, laminates usage and tiles combination etc etc. That I found he was quite good and daring in their usage. We had the same experience as hobbes during tile selection, Steven, Max and the Hafary sales guy (Simon i think) was running around matching tiles to show us :lol: . The best was he found a way to let me use that lime green tile i loved!:notti::)

Truth to say initially when I saw his 3D designs, except for the MBR layout, I didn't like it at all. But my FH said it seems quite nice. So we went ahead with it and now after seeing it done (except for the carpentry), it actually turn out very good. So I guess somehow I was lucky I trusted his taste. But then like I said its quite subjective

I think in your case maybe you need to tell him your expectation and then ask him to propose ideas lor. He did tell my FH previously, his design from dont know which place got posted in magazine before, so I guess he has ideas but I guess he is those type that will try to fullfill your expectation instead of the other type of ID that will use your house as a blank canvas for them to draw and then see if you like it.

-Celest

:notti: so many things installed!

Thanks Celest, think your info is of great help.

Must thanks hobbes also.

Happy service, happy us!! :dancingqueen:

tomorrow starting work on carpentry!zz:P

so far nothing much was done to the house, lights are up with electricity, shower screen installed, main door lockset changed and painting touched-up....

lights taken before electricity was connected:

P1050434.jpg

P1050430.jpg

P1050435.jpg

P1050441.jpg

P1050444.jpg

house painting

living room

P1050446.jpg

MBR

P1050448.jpg

balcony

P1050447.jpg

study room

P1050507.jpg

MBR toilet

P1050506.jpg

basin (same for both MBR and common toilets)

P1050509.jpg

shower set in common toilet

P1050510.jpg

toilet bi-fold door

P1050505.jpg

kitchen door (free from steven becos he cannot tahan us using the old door 8|)

P1050504.jpg

Yeah... it's very bright. I can vouch for that. I cant tahan if my dad happened to remove the cover for washing. Too bright till i left the rm to do something else. :P

skywolf, got to agree with you. the light is really bright. hehe... which is good!zz8|

Edited by kajua

Hi Kajua,

Nice to hear tt that light is still as powder-ful as last time. :dribble:

Btw, your spare bedrms has no cornices to hide the wirings? I was debating whether to do or not for the 2 bedrms and study... Initially wanted to hide them, then after seeing yrs seem it's still ok to do without. Can save me the $. :dribble:

Can i know how where will you be doing the curtain rods? Above the windows or at the top of ceiling/edge? Some of my windows have this height b/w the windows and ceiling... and not sure if ready made 1/2 curtains comes in that size (from ceiling till cover windows). Any idea? :dribble:

Have you been to their office too? I think i got them to revised till 3rd time liao. But he still put my place as pasir ris instead of tampines!! :bangwall::dribble: