Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

tomorrow starting work on carpentry!:dribble::bangwall:

so far nothing much was done to the house, lights are up with electricity, shower screen installed, main door lockset changed and painting touched-up....

MBR toilet

P1050506.jpg

Hi kajua,

I just recently signed up with Ideal house too. I like the look of your WC, can you tell me Genova's contacts and how much you paid for it?

Have you tried out the KDK fan? Is it really quiet and powerful? I am considering the fan you got or the Amasco Twister which is more flat and visually looks nicer. If my living//dining area is as big as yours I will have gone for the new 60 inch KDK that can imitate natural breeze.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Kajua,

Nice to hear tt that light is still as powder-ful as last time. :P

Btw, your spare bedrms has no cornices to hide the wirings? I was debating whether to do or not for the 2 bedrms and study... Initially wanted to hide them, then after seeing yrs seem it's still ok to do without. Can save me the $. :notti:

Can i know how where will you be doing the curtain rods? Above the windows or at the top of ceiling/edge? Some of my windows have this height b/w the windows and ceiling... and not sure if ready made 1/2 curtains comes in that size (from ceiling till cover windows). Any idea? :dunno:

Have you been to their office too? I think i got them to revised till 3rd time liao. But he still put my place as pasir ris instead of tampines!! :yamseng::yamseng:

Yeah our bedrooms have no cornice, save $$$ :D . Only living, dining and foyer. Thats because the ex-house owner had cornice there also, so we just put back the same location. The curtain rods we already bought from IKEA and they are up. Just ready made ones and saw and join if too short. IKEA ones come with a joining device. Thats how we manage to find such a long one for our living room. For the curtains to save $$ most likely we just buy from IKEA or Courts, and cut accordingly. They have some quite nice curtains there. The Ikea curtains we saw were all full height, from ceiling to floor, we were thinking of cutting them so that it dont touch the floor. Less washing to be done :notti: Maybe you can go take a look. I heard made to order curtains arent cheap, my FH colleague spend 4000 just on curtains at his condo :dribble::unsure:

Yup we went their office a few times. Its along serangoon road, furthur up from the famous roadside durain shop. Hahaha thats normal lah i think. You just tell him the address put wrong he would change it. We also had the same experience, he put us at the wrong block till we told him!! Sometimes these smaller details he will overlook. The quoted items he doesnt make mistake though

Hi kajua,

I just recently signed up with Ideal house too. I like the look of your WC, can you tell me Genova's contacts and how much you paid for it?

Have you tried out the KDK fan? Is it really quiet and powerful? I am considering the fan you got or the Amasco Twister which is more flat and visually looks nicer. If my living//dining area is as big as yours I will have gone for the new 60 inch KDK that can imitate natural breeze.

The basin we actually got it from Hoe Kee at Katong Plaza. Less then 100 bucks!! !! But remember to buy the bottle trap. The white white round thing below. It doesnt come with it 2 dollars only Hoe Kee also dont give :notti: Oh yeah the stopper too, you have to buy. We bought the big mushroom head ones :D That cost another 15-20 dollars

The WC we bought from Genova, www.genova.com . Heres their contact GENOVA INDUSTRIES PTE LTD 58 Bendemeer Road Singapore 339937 Tel : (65) 6299 0222 (5 Lines) Fax : (65) 6296 4831 :D

Yup, my FH tried the KDK fan. Very quiet. Power wise he says its okay. Can feel wind quite strong at 3. At 1 setting, not so much. Actually we wanted to get the 60" KDK fan, my FH like that one very much also but because the stem is too long, its not approved to be used in HDB flats. :( . We checked the other fans from Fanco, Twister, Amasco, Crestair but decided to go for this KDK because we tried it at one of those old shop house with high ceiling, we can feel the wind. But those other brands even though longer blades and supposedly faster rpm motors, we can barely feel it. Also because my FH say HDB only approve that small KDK fan, the others all not approved because HDB rule says

" * Weight of fan should not exceed 6kg.

* Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4m.

* Harden steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm."

THis is the only one that fullfill the criteria. The rest all more then 6kg

A lot of those selling fans will show you the PSB sticker and say its HDB approved cause of the sitcker but we found its not true. PSB sticker means it safe to use in Singapore. Doesnt mean approve by HDB

Edited by kajua

Yeah our bedrooms have no cornice, save $$$ :dunno: . Only living, dining and foyer. Thats because the ex-house owner had cornice there also, so we just put back the same location. The curtain rods we already bought from IKEA and they are up. Just ready made ones and saw and join if too short. IKEA ones come with a joining device. Thats how we manage to find such a long one for our living room. For the curtains to save $$ most likely we just buy from IKEA or Courts, and cut accordingly. They have some quite nice curtains there. The Ikea curtains we saw were all full height, from ceiling to floor, we were thinking of cutting them so that it dont touch the floor. Less washing to be done :notti: Maybe you can go take a look. I heard made to order curtains arent cheap, my FH colleague spend 4000 just on curtains at his condo !! :yamseng:

Yah. Want cheap cheap ones which looks decent. :notti: I'm not really a fan of them coz i see my mum wash the full length ones n i went :yamseng::dribble:

You cut yr own curtains ah? No need to do the hem so that it wun fray mah? :unsure:

Yah. Want cheap cheap ones which looks decent. :yamseng: I'm not really a fan of them coz i see my mum wash the full length ones n i went :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

You cut yr own curtains ah? No need to do the hem so that it wun fray mah? :dancingqueen:

we haven't got the curtains yet actually, only got the rod installed. but so far those we saw at ikea are those full length curtains. probably we will only use the full length one for living room. even then, we are thinking of getting those white, transparent type. those are lighter for washing. and romantic :dancingqueen:

as for the room, either get the full length type from ikea, go home cut and do the hem using my mother-in-law's sewing machine :wub: or look around places like john little, robinson see if they have shorter length curtains. that one must wait for their sale. can go really cheap. :dancingqueen:

we haven't got the curtains yet actually, only got the rod installed. but so far those we saw at ikea are those full length curtains. probably we will only use the full length one for living room. even then, we are thinking of getting those white, transparent type. those are lighter for washing. and romantic :sport-smiley-018:

as for the room, either get the full length type from ikea, go home cut and do the hem using my mother-in-law's sewing machine :dancingqueen: or look around places like john little, robinson see if they have shorter length curtains. that one must wait for their sale. can go really cheap. :dancingqueen:

Hi Kajua,

I like you're toilet bowl so much :sport-smiley-018:

Thinking of doing some exchange

Can you pm me your toilet bowl price? Thanks

The basin we actually got it from Hoe Kee at Katong Plaza. Less then 100 bucks!! :dancingqueen: But remember to buy the bottle trap. The white white round thing below. It doesnt come with it 2 dollars only Hoe Kee also dont give :bleah: Oh yeah the stopper too, you have to buy. We bought the big mushroom head ones :D That cost another 15-20 dollars

The WC we bought from Genova, www.genova.com . Heres their contact GENOVA INDUSTRIES PTE LTD 58 Bendemeer Road Singapore 339937 Tel : (65) 6299 0222 (5 Lines) Fax : (65) 6296 4831 :D

Yup, my FH tried the KDK fan. Very quiet. Power wise he says its okay. Can feel wind quite strong at 3. At 1 setting, not so much. Actually we wanted to get the 60" KDK fan, my FH like that one very much also but because the stem is too long, its not approved to be used in HDB flats. :( . We checked the other fans from Fanco, Twister, Amasco, Crestair but decided to go for this KDK because we tried it at one of those old shop house with high ceiling, we can feel the wind. But those other brands even though longer blades and supposedly faster rpm motors, we can barely feel it. Also because my FH say HDB only approve that small KDK fan, the others all not approved because HDB rule says

" * Weight of fan should not exceed 6kg.

* Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4m.

* Harden steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm."

THis is the only one that fullfill the criteria. The rest all more then 6kg

A lot of those selling fans will show you the PSB sticker and say its HDB approved cause of the sitcker but we found its not true. PSB sticker means it safe to use in Singapore. Doesnt mean approve by HDB

Thanks for all the advices and the contact, I went to the website to see immediately liao... but you never tell me how much you paid for the WC leh? I saw the simple American Standard WC at Hoe Kee, not bad and it is about $245. This Genova one looks even more simple and sleek so if around the same price or cheaper, then I will get this instead.

Ya KDK fans are the best, I'm using the standing one currently. But in terms of visual design it's not so nice leh. Nevermind I let HB decide, afterall he will be the one cleaning it and anything wrong also he's in charge! :notti:

Thanks for all the advices and the contact, I went to the website to see immediately liao... but you never tell me how much you paid for the WC leh? I saw the simple American Standard WC at Hoe Kee, not bad and it is about $245. This Genova one looks even more simple and sleek so if around the same price or cheaper, then I will get this instead.

Ya KDK fans are the best, I'm using the standing one currently. But in terms of visual design it's not so nice leh. Nevermind I let HB decide, afterall he will be the one cleaning it and anything wrong also he's in charge! :dancingqueen:

opps sorry, forgot to indicate the price :bleah:

to ch0c0l4te as well, the WC we bought it at a discounted price of $138, usual price was about $236. you might want to call and ask if the promotion is still on. the model is WC-4007-WT.

we haven't got the curtains yet actually, only got the rod installed. but so far those we saw at ikea are those full length curtains. probably we will only use the full length one for living room. even then, we are thinking of getting those white, transparent type. those are lighter for washing. and romantic :bleah:

as for the room, either get the full length type from ikea, go home cut and do the hem using my mother-in-law's sewing machine :bow: or look around places like john little, robinson see if they have shorter length curtains. that one must wait for their sale. can go really cheap. :notti:

Speaking of white transparent ones... my mum accidentally added dunno what solution to the white curtains (dirty so washed it), ended up became baby blue. :bleah: Now matched the walls and relatives asked us where we bought it from. Dunno want to try or not. Haha!

Today we were out doing our photoshoot....so tiring!:good:! I had lots of fun but my poor FH was limping in pain with a twisted ankle

Anyway, Steven did his MMS update again. Today started carpentry work...he MMS us the picture of the carpentry

Image015.jpg

Doesn't that worker look like an angel with our light above his head :notti:

Hope he doesnt bang his head on the light

Speaking of white transparent ones... my mum accidentally added dunno what solution to the white curtains (dirty so washed it), ended up became baby blue. :( Now matched the walls and relatives asked us where we bought it from. Dunno want to try or not. Haha!

Waahh.... self dye!:dunno: Will the color run if you wash it again?

-Celest

Today we were out doing our photoshoot....so tiring!:jawdrop:! I had lots of fun but my poor FH was limping in pain with a twisted ankle

Anyway, Steven did his MMS update again. Today started carpentry work...he MMS us the picture of the carpentry

Image015.jpg

Doesn't that worker look like an angel with our light above his head :dancingqueen:

Hope he doesnt bang his head on the light

Waahh.... self dye!:rofl: Will the color run if you wash it again?

-Celest

I think Steven wants to protray his chaps as angels. :P

The color is still there leh. It had been washed so many times since. Perhaps it fades a bit, but the blue is still nice nice lehz. Coz that part has afternoon sun, could be being shined upon on a daily basis also kinda fade a bit...

Handover next week!:D Suppose to be this Sunday but we have a wedding so cannot :rofl::P

Final gas connection this Saturday....touching up of defect this week and 1 more cleaning...our 3rd ...

Steven machiam like do 1 touch up clean once. They did 2nd cleaning on Sunday, when I brought my parents up to the house to take a look. They really clean the grills and Windows well. I am amazed.

Yesterday when we went up, we saw small pieces masking tape all over the walls. Evidently Steven checked and use the tape to tag where his painter should touch up today. Even tiny little speck of dirts or a bit uneven surface Steven also tag. My FH say he more niao then me tongue.gif cause usually I am very particular about all these.

Also our kitchen cabinet, the laminates got 1 piece a bit yellowish, I told my FH, he said never mind lah minor nia we choose white eventually also like that. So we never highlight to Steven, next day he called us, he say he checked the kitchen cabinet, then saw a yellowing piece, so he is going to get his supplier tochange it. True enough yesterday we go down to our flat, they already took back the peice of the cabinet to go change. Even other places, at the cabinet we never notice (those on the higher levels) they also check and take back to change bowdown.gif

Our solid top, yesterday was just installed. Very nice and white. Then i notice 1 tiny hole on it, I think about the size of a pencil lead, just 1 one only and told my FH. He laughed say waliao so small hole tell people for what, can barely see..only i so niao can notice!! So okay lor, we never highlight to Steven again. Today Steven called say he check the solid top. He saw a tiny hole, so going to get it fixed bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

Once everything done, can take picture and post :good:

Glad to hear about the little details that Steven has taken care. Hope he will keep up with such when our turn comes. Congratulations to your wedding too. Have a Blissful Marriage!

In about another 12 hours we will be meeting Steven at Balestier.

Hope it will go well. Cos I very fickle and particular. :notti:

Glad to hear about the little details that Steven has taken care. Hope he will keep up with such when our turn comes. Congratulations to your wedding too. Have a Blissful Marriage!

In about another 12 hours we will be meeting Steven at Balestier.

Hope it will go well. Cos I very fickle and particular. :)

I have dealt primarily with Max but also tok to Steven and I believe they are both committed to what they do. :)

Once everything done, can take picture and post :notti:

Photos!:( Hehe I always like to see photos after renovation!8|!

:yamseng::good: Handover on Coming Monday!:wub::good::wub:

Now hunting for furniture. We liked Zen style but seems like its not very popular. Only Barang Barang and Zen tradition has them but they are so EXPENSIVE!:P

Anyone got any place can get good and cheap Zen style furniture?

Edited by kajua