Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Megadeth

Stylish Dustbin Or Rubbish Bin To Put At Home. Where To Buy?

There are pics on the website, showing how the bin is attached to the door and the 'supermarket carrier bag' hung over it...

yah i saw the pix but my family will say 'those are taken by the manufacturer of course looks good' kind of things :jawdrop:

that's why if i can get one 'local context' pix then they'll be less skeptical :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No no, overall, I'm not disappointed with my purchase, quite pleased actually with its looks and solid feel. I was just quite disappointed with certains aspects of it, especially after reading about the simplehuman ones with soft close. I'm even thinking of getting my second bin if all goes well with the first. Perhpas I didn't adjust it properly, although I did try, the plastic wrapper still sticks out. :dancingqueen:

I find normal plastic bags a bit too small for my 12L brabantia bin....NTUC ones definitely very small....Shengsiong plastic bags the best size for it...

For me, I lined the plastic bag in the bin then twisted the handles of the plastic bag and tucked it under. So when u close the bin, nothing sticks out...it's very neat as well.....

And what's that shiny cylinder beside the dustbin? Another gadget?? :notti:

Oh, that is my laundry basket, got it from Friven, comes in a pair.

i went to Homefix at Novena square a few days ago. The simplehuman rubbish bin catches my eyes. love the design and how the bin works

i was telling myself that "wow this is good, need to source around for Simplehuman bin already".

so only Homefix selling it, how abt other big departmental stores? do they sell Simplehuman products?

Went to Giant look for similar stylish bin also. the mechanism looks easily spoilt..

i am also shortlisting between Brabantia and Simplehuman, this thread has all the recommendations. hehe so interesting

Finally after so long I have been able to check out these bins. Have been busy with other stuff and this is one of those under 'want list' not 'need list'.

Went to Thomson Plaza HomeFix as the shop there is very big. Found that they carry both Simplehuman and Barbantia. Like the Simplehuman's slow close. Saw bins of varies sizes and really like them, but will leave this to much later. Will stick to my cheap Ikea bin for the time being.

We got a nice metallic dustbin at Suntec's Friven and Co. They were having a big sale and we only paid $15. Great buy! Haven't used it yet so can't comment on its usability. Have a look here:

http://www.frivenco.com

hi ene,

what size is ur bin? thats a gd deal man. btw when does the offer end?

We got a nice metallic dustbin at Suntec's Friven and Co. They were having a big sale and we only paid $15. Great buy! Haven't used it yet so can't comment on its usability. Have a look here:

http://www.frivenco.com

Is the sales still on?

We bought it a couple of weeks ago but i think they are having a sale again. Saw the ad in today's ST. Go check it out. But from the ad, it looks like the items on promotion are bedsheets, quilts, etc.

Can't remember the size we bought but it was the larger of the 2 available.

Edited by ene

kitchenbingn9.th.jpg

This is my 12L stainless steel bin bought at OG for $32 (regular price). I waited for offer but it did not come. Not as cheap as $15..... but I like the design and I think it is quite value for money.

FYI.

Is the sales still on?

U can go to Frivens warehouse at Jalan Kilang Barat

They having sales on some items now

I just bought some towels and hand towels yesterday

:notti:

for the brabantia bins, how many litres would fit the usual market plastic bags? for kitchen (whole house rubbish) how many litres would you recommend, should be no issue with our centralised bin right? i thought i saw a soft closing brabantia bin, cant remember specs/price but aiming for that...

My office has a few sensor bins. Not sure the brand. When batteries died, the lid couldn't be opened.

Hi GTeton, where to buy this sensor bin? Looking for cheap & good! :dancingqueen: My budget is less than S$100/-. Thanks