Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cantona7

Road Incidents To Share

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Look before crossing even if the GREEN MAN is in your favour.

Right before my eyes, a grandmother and her grandchild was crossing at the traffic light, then a taxi was turning right and went straight at them.

The road was wet from the rain. I believe either the taxi beat the red light or wasn't aware of the new traffic light timing. But no excuses for his action.

Lucky

1. That pair was not injured at all because the taxi stopped in time (less than 5cm from them)

2. That I'm behind them

At the traffic light junction crossing (used to be zebra crossing) in front of Queensway Shopping Centre, turning left from Alexandra Rd towards Farrer Road direction, traffic light was green. FW was turning left on the right lane when an uncle suddenly appear from in front of a van (stopped and waiting to turn left) on the left lane. Not sure whether we hit him but he sprawled on the bonnet, quickly get up, apologised to us and walked on. Really scared the **** out of us :sport-smiley-004: .

one thing i learnt about driving is

when a bus / lorry / van (basically anything that's big enough to block your view) stops for no apparent reason, there must be pedestrian involved.

never mind that the traffic light is in the vehicles favour, pedestrians will still try their luck :sport-smiley-004::notti:

My driving motto to share:

At the end of the day, its not about who is right or wrong, but about whether can avoid accidents or not.

So what if you are in the right of the way? Once an accident happens, everyone lose. Even if you can claim against the other driver, your car damaged also still heartpain mah. If its bad, someone may even lose their life.

Totally not worth at all to fight for your "rights" on the road - let's fight for our lives instead.

At the end of the day, its not about who is right or wrong, but about whether can avoid accidents or not.

So what if you are in the right of the way? Once an accident happens, everyone lose. Even if you can claim against the other driver, your car damaged also still heartpain mah. If its bad, someone may even lose their life.

Totally not worth at all to fight for your "rights" on the road - let's fight for our lives instead.

well said! :bow:

Totally Agreed. :bow::furious:

But hor, then again easier said than done lah.

As Singaporeans, I think we are programmed from birth to fight for our "rights" whatsoever consequences, me not excluding.

Sometime very easy to lose your cool when meet with $%& driver, especially if you already have a lousy day and along comes somebody to irritate u.

Or mayb just a ego thing... and not only for guys...

At about 7 pm today, I was driving along the PIE towards Changi on the 2nd lane from the left, and needed to get onto the left lane so as to get onto the KPE. I gave an early signal. The driver on the left lane saw my left indicator but stepped on his accelerator (I could see him in my rear mirror). I continued with my left indicator for a couple of more seconds, hoping he would give way. He closed up even more. I got fed up and honked at him, loud and long. He backed off.

And there I was in the car with my 3 year old, trying to get home but had to swear under my breath.

WHY DO SINGAPORE DRIVERS DRIVE LIKE THIS!:thumbs up:!!????:thumbs up:!!

A left signal or a right signal is a way of asking "please give away". Not a signal of inviting a challenge. I always give way when a car in front of me puts on his/her side indicators. Why can't everyone on the road be courteous and do the same!

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Today almost get hit by a car, while I was walking to the Supermart at petrol kios suddenly one car from behind jus zoom past me. Think he jus finished pumping the petrol and drove off w/o look out for ppl walking to the mart to buy things. !!

Such a dangerous act even when u are leaving the station shld at least keep a look out for ppl at least. :dancingqueen:

At about 7 pm today, I was driving along the PIE towards Changi on the 2nd lane from the left, and needed to get onto the left lane so as to get onto the KPE. I gave an early signal. The driver on the left lane saw my left indicator but stepped on his accelerator (I could see him in my rear mirror). I continued with my left indicator for a couple of more seconds, hoping he would give way. He closed up even more. I got fed up and honked at him, loud and long. He backed off.

And there I was in the car with my 3 year old, trying to get home but had to swear under my breath.

WHY DO SINGAPORE DRIVERS DRIVE LIKE THIS!:dancingqueen:!!????!!!!

A left signal or a right signal is a way of asking "please give away". Not a signal of inviting a challenge. I always give way when a car in front of me puts on his/her side indicators. Why can't everyone on the road be courteous and do the same!

If I were you I will swerve in immediately and let him kiss my bumper head-on, so that my insurance claim sure successful. Side impact is only a 50-50 case. Anyone who saw my bumper before will know that it is badly in need of a thorough paint job.

Oops, see men's ego at work again...haha... :P

If I were you I will swerve in immediately and let him kiss my bumper head-on, so that my insurance claim sure successful. Side impact is only a 50-50 case. Anyone who saw my bumper before will know that it is badly in need of a thorough paint job.

Oops, see men's ego at work again...haha... :yamseng:

There is a 3-year old kid in the car leh. Patience... Endure...

Oops, see men's ego at work again...haha... :dancingqueen:

you kiss you pay :yamseng:

especially if your ride is a continental.....no worries.