Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cyprusblade

Cyprusblade's Corner

This quotation price is way way too high. Doesn't make sense at all. Pls do not sign with them. Mind telling us which contractor is this from?

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
did i see wrong? its 97k????

this contractor is really a CON man........

i saw the kitchen cabinet quote....... its really stupid to hire this guy.... obviously he out to slit throats..

Yes, we felt so too. His price was too ex and you're right, most of his clients are owners of landed property.

hi my friend..

ended up u didnt sign up with this contractor right? i remembered u telling me that ur quote reduced already?

anyway, whatever decision u made, i will give u moral support de.. good luck

btw..the quote : $2800 for painting is v high..market rate for 4room $1.2k....5room $1.5k

i can pass u other companies quote for u to show ur contractor,maybe u can negotiate it with him? feel free to call me if u need any help

:(

Hi Hi! Yes, not to worry we didn't sign up with him. Too bad, we already sign on the dotted line with another contractor but I checked my quote for painting it's 1.3K so still reasonable. I'll post the quote later this afternoon.

Thanks in advance all your tips!

PS: What are the pros & cons of bamboo vs metal poles. We having the same 'discussion' as you.

This quotation price is way way too high. Doesn't make sense at all. Pls do not sign with them. Mind telling us which contractor is this from?

Thanks

Not sure if I'm breaking any rules but the super expensive quote came from Hoe Chong Beng General Aluminium Contractor.

ooo cn see ur address on the quotation.. hee hee.. anyway cnt wait to see everything hacked n rebuilt!

Oh thanks for letting me know, have removed it.

The previous owners have already hacked the storeroom. We intend to make a walk-in warddrobe. Have approval from HDB to extend the kitchen to the same line as the toilet wall. The hacking for all tiles, waterproofing and new tiles are all up. Windows and window grills are up. Lights have been installed except for dinning room light. Electrical and switches completed.

Didn't have a camera then so didn't take any pictures then. Only started taking pictures a week ago.

Edited by cyprusblade

The previous kitchen deco like not bad lehz. Country country look. :dancingqueen: !!

They didn't maintain it well so when they handed the keys to us, we noticed the cabinet doors at the sink area was already displaced and the wood had expanded.

PS: What are the pros & cons of bamboo vs metal poles. We having the same 'discussion' as you.

Bamboo is cheaper, lighter weight

Metal poles 3-4times more expensive (i bought mine at $8/piece). its heavier weight. looks more elegant !!

Yang Guo. Thanks for the info. We'll be discussing about it.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/cyp.../Carpentary.jpg

Any comments on the pricing for carpentary? Just met up with the contractor and he wrote down the quote for us. All cabinet are with lanminates.

A few more Qs:

For toilet door, is aluminum, solid plywood or nytoh wood door better? Am afraid over time wood door will expend due to the moisture.

For black galaxy granite kitchen top from China. Our contractor quote us $150- 175 per feet. Wondering if it's reasonable.

the quote that u signed seems reasonable !!

btw how big is ur hse ah? soo bigg...!

looking forward to see ur hse done up,heh

It's 119 square metres. I guess is normal for older flats.

Edited by cyprusblade