Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spinball

The Making Of Our New Simple And Lovely Home

Hey ckoonyin, I bought one cleaning liquid just for parquet one..... it claims that the liquid will make the parquet shiny... but hor after using it.... never shine.... but end up floor like very slippy wor.... :)

Hmm.......mine in the end is ok leh...slippery a bit but v shiny............i think it is actually floor wax.........but got to let it dry throughly 1st.

While waiting for the delivery men to come.... happen to see one curtain man walk past my house... and he asked me if I wanted to do curtains or not.... Well... I let him in and he took some measurement and let me take a look at some samples.... When we talk about $$$.... wow.... he told me that overall, it will cost me $2300+ for one day and night curtain **** room and the rest using roman blind.... :D

is it expensive?? cos the most expensive quote I got is $1700+ only wor.... :D hehe.. I told him that I will call him again.... :)

Anyway, the delivery men came at around 6.25pm.... not bad... they are on time.... ;)

My "3 ticks" LG fridge.... hehe... is really a big fridge... more than enough for we two.... :P

hehe.. got the same fridge as ckoonyin ar.... :good:

Picture_022.thumb.jpg

The quote i got for my curtains is also $1600 plus from Jimmy Textile.

The fridge is really big leh.............just switched it on that day to out some stuff in it.

But what i really like is the freezer also got light one heehee nice nice; Great minds think alike ma spinballl.

dont waste money on any cleaning liquid for Parquet..

just water and some mid soap will do..but the mob must be not too wet..damp will do..

as my whole house is parquet and husband doing parquet job...

Just damp will do ya? den later air dry ma? no need wax or anything like that?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
While waiting for the delivery men to come.... happen to see one curtain man walk past my house... and he asked me if I wanted to do curtains or not.... Well... I let him in and he took some measurement and let me take a look at some samples.... When we talk about $$$.... wow.... he told me that overall, it will cost me $2300+ for one day and night curtain **** room and the rest using roman blind.... :notti:

is it expensive?? cos the most expensive quote I got is $1700+ only wor.... :notti: hehe.. I told him that I will call him again.... :notti:

u din try e numbe i gave u... for what u want, i tink 1.5k can get liao... :P

not yet call the number you gave me.... still trying to source around for more.... :dancingqueen:

u din try e numbe i gave u... for what u want, i tink 1.5k can get liao... :P

While waiting for the delivery men to come.... happen to see one curtain man walk past my house... and he asked me if I wanted to do curtains or not.... Well... I let him in and he took some measurement and let me take a look at some samples.... When we talk about $$$.... wow.... he told me that overall, it will cost me $2300+ for one day and night curtain **** room and the rest using roman blind.... :dancingqueen:

is it expensive?? cos the most expensive quote I got is $1700+ only wor.... :dancingqueen: hehe.. I told him that I will call him again.... :dancingqueen:

Anyway, the delivery men came at around 6.25pm.... not bad... they are on time.... :yamseng:

My "3 ticks" LG fridge.... hehe... is really a big fridge... more than enough for we two.... :wub:

hehe.. got the same fridge as ckoonyin ar.... :sport-smiley-018:

Picture_022.thumb.jpg

All doors opened....

Picture_023.thumb.jpg

Another view....

Picture_026.thumb.jpg

Samsung 9KG washing machine.... it's also huge.....

Picture_024.thumb.jpg

hmm... the delivery man asked me if I wanna change the water hose to another kind for the washing machine... he claimed that with it, the water will not drip.... anyway, told him that I'm not interested... since that hose looks abit old to me... dunno where he took from.... and it cost $6.... guessed that nowadays, those delivery men sure know how to earn extra pocket money....

:sport-smiley-018: I have the same LG fridge and samsung 9kg washing machine!

sama sama..

I got my curtains @ $1000.. only

Wow.. haha... great!! :dancingqueen:

So u started using the LG fridge and washing machine liao?? How's it?? good??

Hmm... curtains @ $1000?? hehe... can PM me the contact??

Did u do some roman blinds? or all curtains?

:bleah: I have the same LG fridge and samsung 9kg washing machine!

sama sama..

I got my curtains @ $1000.. only

hehe.. I'm back again!!

Sorry for not updating.... been busy with work recently....

Ok... decided to DIY abit for my new house.... saw someone in the forum changing his light switches... so I decided that is time for me to change them as well... :dunno:

My dad drove me to Choo Chiang Marketing located at Pioneer North this morning to buy those switches.... Decided to get Legrand Silver Switches since they are cheaper as compared to Clipsal brand... hmm... not much different also lor... but clipsal got more colours and design.... hehe... just wanted something simple, nice and not expensive.... :)

Ok.. here is my shopping list for today:

1 gang switch - x5

2 gang switch - x5

3 gang switch - x3

Boxes of Legrand switches....

Picture_025.thumb.jpg

The steps to install the switch is......

1. Switch of the main power switches....

2. Remove the old switch.....

Picture_021.thumb.jpg

3. Remember how the wires are being connected in the old switch, unconnect them and then connect them to new switch... hehe.. and that's it... sounds simple ar :good:

4. My 1,2,3 gang switches....

Picture_024.thumb.jpg Picture_023.thumb.jpg Picture_022.thumb.jpg

Haha... think it's time for me to get a new camera liao.... hmm... hehe...notice that the 2 gang switch is in gold colour right? Actually is silver in colour lor.... hehe... anyone wanna sponsor camera?? :P

Spent our last weekend shopping for Sofa, coffee table and bed.....

In the end, we decided to buy the sofa and coffee table from Brighton @ Toa Payoh.

The sales person, Timothy Lee attended to us... quite friendly and helpful person...

We got a hard time finding the sofa because we are limited by the length of our barcounter and tv console... so can't get big and long sofa... in the end, we managed to find one there which is just right for us...

The sofa and coffee table were delivered to our house promptly and defect-free on Saturday...... :P

Our L-Shape Sofa.... not too hard and not too soft... hehe... very comfortable...

Picture_025.thumb.jpg

Our coffee table.... nice design... it comes with two small seaters... if got too many guests... haha.. at least can sit on the mini seaters... :)

Picture_027.thumb.jpg

Ok lah.... that's it... looking forward to my dining table and bed.... and hehe... my ROM.... :dunno:

Our coffee table.... nice design... it comes with two small seaters... if got too many guests... haha.. at least can sit on the mini seaters... :dribble:

Picture_027.thumb.jpg

Ok lah.... that's it... looking forward to my dining table and bed.... and hehe... my ROM.... :yamseng:

haloz spinball... welcome back... i tink we have e same coffee table wor... :bangwall:

hehe... really? icic....

We find this coffee table unique wor... at least got 2 seats.... actually got another design that has 2 round seat one... but the coffee table is too long liao.. haha.. no space to put.... :dancingqueen:

Where and how much you bought?

haloz spinball... welcome back... i tink we have e same coffee table wor... :yamseng:

hehe... really? icic....

We find this coffee table unique wor... at least got 2 seats.... actually got another design that has 2 round seat one... but the coffee table is too long liao.. haha.. no space to put.... :(

Where and how much you bought?

we bot it for 420 @ white collection... as we bot a number of things there, it was bundled to their in-hse promo packages.. so hw much did u pay? wah~ urs so fast delivered ardy ah.. so when gt "open house", can go see see look look... :D

Hmm.......mine in the end is ok leh...slippery a bit but v shiny............i think it is actually floor wax.........but got to let it dry throughly 1st.

Hi Ckoonyin

May i know what is the brand of the parquet wax cos i'm find my flooring very dull looking leh not shiny at all. And how much did u pay for ur LG fridge?

Tks ya..

missyling, I got the LG Fridge for $800... same store as ckoonyin....

Hmm.. think it will cost less by now...

Hi Ckoonyin

May i know what is the brand of the parquet wax cos i'm find my flooring very dull looking leh not shiny at all. And how much did u pay for ur LG fridge?

Tks ya..

icic.... can't rem the price for that coffee table liao.... but total cost for the sofa and coffee table is around $1700....

Open house ar? not so soon... after my AD..... sure will invite you guys over one... :dancingqueen:

we bot it for 420 @ white collection... as we bot a number of things there, it was bundled to their in-hse promo packages.. so hw much did u pay? wah~ urs so fast delivered ardy ah.. so when gt "open house", can go see see look look... :yamseng:

Hehe.... we are officially married on 30th April 2008!! haha... now finally can call my gf... my wife liao... :P

Hmm... though officially married but not yet customary married... therefore, still can't move in yet.....

Times past fast wor... still got 4 months to go before our Actual Day.... been busy decorating our house recently.... not much time left..... :D

Took alot of photo but no time to post them online.... anyway... finally managed to take time off to load them online...

My Remote Controlled Standing Fan for Living Room.... still have to buy 3 more fans for all bedrooms..... because it's abit warm... :(

Picture_027.thumb.jpg

Dunno why... took photo of my house's Door Chime months back... but always forget to upload.... Bought this at Home-Fix... Learnt alot after this purchase... NEVER NEVER buy things from Home-Fix or Self-Fix... their stuff are VERY VERY expensive.... This door chime cost me alot!! :furious:

Picture_029.thumb.jpg

Changing of light switches and power socket..... DIY from old one to new one...

Picture_030.thumb.jpg Picture_031.thumb.jpg

Edited by spinball