Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Just to share, i bought 2 fanco ceiling fan 48" this afternoon from a direct supplier at a price i consider rather attractive. Only $88 each including wall regulator (3 speed) w/o installation, i bought 1 light kit at $40. Wanted to get the remote control (other brand not fanco) at $40 but last minute drop the idea. It came with aluminium blade, if you want alcrylic (is the spelling correct??) blade it will be $40 more. Either in white and silver colour. So my damaged for total is $88 x 2 + $40 = $216.

Regards.

Hi,

May I know the contact of the direct supplier? Your price is much cheaper than what I found in trand21!

Thank you!!

ft

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi pal,

Hv Pmed u liao... ;) hope u'll save some bucks and buy me kopi ya... :dribble: :dribble:

:yamseng: pal

Hi,

Leant a lot from your post. I want a simple looking 54' ceiling fan with lights (5 blades coz they say 5 blades makes the air circulates)in my living room and a 48' similar one in my bedroom (this one better have remote control). Any suggestions?

Btw, Can PM me contact of kdk and fanco? Many many thanks!!

ft

Hi there,

Could I have the contacts too.. I am also looking to put fans at my new place..

Thanks!

hi bro,

can share the kdk and fanco ctc?

thanks ya!

Hi pal,

Depending on the size of the L-Box that u'll be constructing.... 6 inches, 8 inches 12 inches...

Measure the remaining width of the living room and u can roughly gauge the size of the ceiling fan lor... :D

Hope this :help:

:drunk: pal

Thanks pal!

Ok now that make sense as well, so it is depending on the existing ceiling height and consideration of the clearance after mounting the ceiling fan.

Bro, I ask to clarify, hope you understand. You not giving me the kdk contact coz I never offer kopi or Milo huh?

Hi pal...keke :lol:

Ok let me share my personal opinion ya... ;)

When ask about ceiling fan.... everyone will think of.... KDK! :o

Why? this is so bcos KDK had been in the market for a very long time liao..... :)

It's said to be reliable.... :)

Question is how reliable?? Electronics things nowadays can't predict la... If never bathe :bath: , sway sway... after 1 year spoil liao hv to spend even more... bcos KDK ceiling fan only warranty for their fan for 1yr and it's not cheap.... :deal:

Furthermore, nowadays things are not the same... material cost and labour are high, so will the quality of the fan be the same??? :dunno:

Of course other makes also the same la, so it's up to individual to balance out whether to spend so much more or not .... :rolleyes:

Alot of ppl also think that only KDK ceiling fans are approve for HDB, but thats not true... HDB dun approve ceiling fan, they have guide lines on ceiling fan but then whether to follow or not it's still up to individual......alot of other make ceiling fans can also be use in HDB. :)

There is also balancing problem for KDK ceiling fans as well.... most of them will be unbalance after installation...:dunno: if heng heng just swap blades will do, if not then the fan installer will hv to find a way to balance for you as KDK ceiling fan dun come with balancing kit.

If still can't balance then will have to ask the agent to change the blades for you liao..... :)

Other make will also have balancing problem as well, but there is balancing kit for installer to balance the fan if it's not balance after installation.

I've installed KDK ceiling fans before n find that it's not suitable for me as i find that the wind is not strong, so i've chosen a decorative ceiling fan to try out, but to my surprise i like the performance of the fan till now it still serves me well but then it's still up to individual liking la...

Maybe my skin too thick liao can't feel hee... :D

Alot of ppl spend more on reno just bcos they want to install KDK ceiling.

Reason is all KDK ceiling fan is not a decroative ceiling fan so it can't fit any light kit to the fan.

Therefore, it's either you construct the L-box or cove to add in the lightings, this will add cost to your reno as well. :deal:

So it's up to individual to balance it out.... :notti:

Since you're not spending extra for the L-box or cove.... then i sugg that you choose those decrorative ceiling fans which comes with light or those that can attached light kit as add on. (Choose ceiling fan and light kits that has the safety mark)

Hope my sharing helps.

:yamseng: pal

I am just curious, recently I have seen ceiling fans mounted on false ceiling. So its not true that by installing ceiling fan, you are restricting to your renovation to just L-Box or Cove. Pls do correct me if I am wrong.

Hi bros,

I am interested in the KDK ceiling fan V60VK model.

Can send me the KDK contact?

Regards

Desmond

Hi bros,

I am interested in the KDK ceiling fan V60VK model.

Can send me the KDK contact?

Regards

Desmond