Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Hi All,

The requirements form HDB quite alot, are all these fans within 6KG and satisfy the height requirements? Seems Like I can only install the KDK Low Ceiling model for my old 25 years old flat. Any other models that is within HDB requirements to introduce?

HDB guideline:

1. Weight of fan should not exceed 6kg.

2. Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4m.

3. Harden steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm.

How high is yr ceiling as I think most of the HDB standard flats are 8.5ft but my previous flat which is newer was slightly higher.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For KDK, that is the only model you can install in HDB flats. You might want to explore other brands for more varieties.

As for the HDB guidelines, my contractor ever told me that for old flats with lower ceiling, like mine, there is no way I can find a ceiling fan to meet their requirements, hence, HDB will understand my constraints & close one eye on that. I didn't go for false ceiling or L-box, yet my ceiling is still very low :(

In the end, my bf said no-no for ceiling fan, so I am using standing fan now.

Hi All,

The requirements form HDB quite alot, are all these fans within 6KG and satisfy the height requirements? Seems Like I can only install the KDK Low Ceiling model for my old 25 years old flat. Any other models that is within HDB requirements to introduce?

HDB guideline:

1. Weight of fan should not exceed 6kg.

2. Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4m.

3. Harden steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm.

Edited by dkcm888

Hi thks you for yr compliment, its 56 inches acrylic blades.

cheers pal :yamseng:

bro, your price is really cheap! I've just bought mine for 330, including 4 lights and installation. i feel so sad :( can pm me your contact?

Just to share my recent purchase of tis fanco 5 blade classic looking fan, since quite a number of ppl are toking.... :good:

fullview.jpgcloseupview.jpg

Hi, your fan looks classy and may I know is it of stainless steel or acrylic. I just happened to saw one

Crestar airvac at Chan Huat last night and was quoted 270 which is a acrylic 54" Anyone know anywhere selling cheaper than this price and the installation is $45 and the lights for 4 is S$65.

Hv pm you liao, as i got mine direct from the supplier.

So price will b much better.... :dribble:

Hi Bro, I'm interested in the fan that you posted on the site. Can pm me the contact for the supplier?

Thanks in advance.

The model is Fanco FF9, i didn't fix wf any remote control, i'm using pull chain instead.

too many remote controls on the console liao..... :D

As for price, I got it for less then 200bucks :jawdrop:

I'm able to get veri good pricing on fanco fans. :good:

cheers pal

Hi brother, your fan is nice & cheap, can share the contact where you got very good pricing?

Hi all,

I just brought a crestar airvac. However it does not come with the fan speed wall mount control. Does any one know if i can just purchase any universal switch (ex, hager control switch) from Choo Chiang and just install it?

so how to know which brand is better..

my Wife Bro get the below brand which is recommend by the shop..

http://www.amasco.com.sg

56" 5 blade

speed: 180-255

Motor: dynamic 188

Model afh-141

cost $388 nett include installation

After 1 mth of using, it is not so windy liao...

i like Fanco Aroma too want to get the 54" or 5, is this good....?

I just bought the Fanco Aroma 54". Haven't install yet as house still under renovation.

I suppose it's good bah.. cos many friends recommended. I guess it's nice to look at and yet serve it's function.

Paid $350 with remote and installation from Balestier Road . I thought the price was good, cos before buying , I went to visit House of L#$%@ in Tampines.. Was interested to buy some of their ceiling lights, so sit down talked. Then I asked how much the Fanco Aroma. The China girl sales girl quoted me $438. :jawdrop: I straight away jump up from the chair and walked-out. Don;t even bother ask about the price of the ceiling lights I like. She also shocked. 8|

Cos before that I checked was around $380 in some other electrical shops.

think only ceiling fans with 4" stub can be installed in hdb

the fan you like seems to have a longer stub/stem :dunno:

unless you have a very high ceiling that the distance from the fan to the floor is more than 2.4m :yamseng:

thanks applefreak :) will ask my contractor before buy :dancingqueen:

wakk cannot ar? so wwhich model can hor? :bangwall:

think only ceiling fans with 4" stub can be installed in hdb

the fan you like seems to have a longer stub/stem :dunno:

unless you have a very high ceiling that the distance from the fan to the floor is more than 2.4m :yamseng:

Edited by applefreak