Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

hi w2h

where did you buy your fans in the end and for how much? does this 48" model come in gun-metal (black metal) color?

thanks! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone

Is it usually the shops will charge additional for the "regulator" i.e. the turn-knob switch for adjusting fan speed? If dun have that means use the pullstring...

The shop I went to charge $35 for the regulator thingy...not sure whether to go for it or just use string ;p

i was quoted the same thing.

when the installation man came to fix up my fans, he realised that it can be done at the cost of laying wires all over the place. (mine is an existing home with reno all done up)....

so gave up the regulator and switch to using the IC method.

Hi everyone

Is it usually the shops will charge additional for the "regulator" i.e. the turn-knob switch for adjusting fan speed? If dun have that means use the pullstring...

The shop I went to charge $35 for the regulator thingy...not sure whether to go for it or just use string ;p

hi, new here. have read through the post and gained some information for ceiling fan.

made a purchase and the fans were installed today. 2 Rega 48" fans in living room.

for sharing:

dscf0238xe9.jpg

u have false ceiling? what yr ceiling height?

nope..no false ceiling for that area..only l-box at the side....seems like there is nothing i can do about it....din really measure the height of my ceiling....

late to see this :(

i saw in this forum someone post pics of ceiling fan with lights, blue color blade for daughter's bedroom, nice one ... but forgot the thread, couldn't find it back. anyone knows?

or any recommended shop with lots of options of ceiling fan with lights?

need big one (but not so big) for living room and small ones (36"?) for bedrooms.

you can try Palace Lights along Balestier. Look for Kelvin or Steven.

u have false ceiling? what yr ceiling height?

min ceiling height from ceiling to floor if im not mistaken according to HDB rule, it must be min 2.4M.

my crestar fan was put up yesterday...but it was too low for us...is this normal? can we modify the fan so the rod is shorter?

a 1.7m tall person will be able to touch the blades when he stretches his hand up...

Guest mcatsgp
For those still looking for a fan, the venue below are having their warehouse sales till 1st July :

Eunos Warehouse

3 Kaki Bukit Rd 2 #01-08A

(opp Geely Showroom)

10am - 9pm

9880-8447

late to see this :(

i saw in this forum someone post pics of ceiling fan with lights, blue color blade for daughter's bedroom, nice one ... but forgot the thread, couldn't find it back. anyone knows?

or any recommended shop with lots of options of ceiling fan with lights?

need big one (but not so big) for living room and small ones (36"?) for bedrooms.

For those still looking for a fan, the venue below are having their warehouse sales till 1st July :

Eunos Warehouse

3 Kaki Bukit Rd 2 #01-08A

(opp Geely Showroom)

10am - 9pm

9880-8447

Mine does. It's also an amasco.

For that matter I've had very bad experiences with amasco's quality. My 2nd bedroom fan started making loud humming and rattling noises within 3 months of installation and they fixed it. The stupid thing started again last week. The remote control is half busted - the fan control works but light doesn't. And as you said, the balance seems off, it wobbles even after lots of adjustment by the service tech. And now my master bedroom fan is suddenly going sloooooow... even at max speed.

In contrast, my "crestar" fan in the living room is silky smooth, no noise, no wobble. I'll never recommend or buy amasco stuff. Bad quality.

Can you please take the picture of the model you buy for amasco and crestar also. BTW where did you get the crestar from and what price? Can you PM me as i'm looking for either amasco and crestar as the price is too much diff........therefore need to know what a cheaper fan quality is like and how a good one is like.

HI Jeddie,

Can know how much did you pay for the crestar fan alone?

bought the crestar airvac at $230, remote - $90....

Just a question to all ceiling fan users ... :D

I've recently installed 3 fans for my rooms (Fanco make 52") and 2 fans for my living (Elmark 60"). When the contractor installed the fan, I was closely watching. For each fan, he used 2 bolts (I think they call it as dead bolts :o ) to fix the bracket to the ceiling. I was previously told by my fren that they use 3 bolts. When I asked contractor, he told 2 bolts enough and each bolt can carry 50 kg. I called my fan supplier (Palace of Lights, Balestier rd) and he told nowadays only 2 bolts. I found in the box, there was a hook and some screws which the contractor never used and juz threw away.

My question : Is there any chance that bolts may unscrew or 2 bolts not enough and the fan may drop down?

3 Weeks after installation, one of the Fanco fans made big sound while rotating in the early hours (about 3 AM). I slowed down to 3, no sound. Increased to 4, sound. Then after some time, fan started to rotate very slow even at 4. Called Fanco and they serviced 2 days after. Now ok. They told that the motor start to rotate in opposite direction and it may be because of any power trips.