Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lxiul

Does Hdb Provide Cement Screed For New Flats?

kinda forgotten if i read or HDB mention free for the rooms only or the living rooms only or all? hehe..

ID say can cut some costs in our reno quote if HDB provide free.

Edited by lxiul

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
kinda forgotten if i read or HDB mention free for the rooms only or the living rooms only or all? hehe..

ID say can cut some costs in our reno quote if HDB provide free.

Hey lxiul,

- New Standard Flat cums with cement rendering (rough finish).

- If new 'owner' (u), wana do laminated or parquet or timber flooring, u gota submit e Cement Screed Request Form at e Branch Office of ur area.

- How efficient is e cement screed workers ngage by hdb? Gota depends liao. Might take 1 day to few wks.

- Some ppl who got more $$$ 2 spend, they may choose 2 pay their own ID's flooring contractor 2 do it.

- Some ppl who r doing cement screed flooring (no tile, Industrial look), olso have 2 ask their ID's contractor 2 do it. At an additional cost, bcos special chemical is added 2 smoothen & improve e properties of e cement.

Note : curing (dry & harden) time for e screed is different for laminated flooring & parquet.

:notti:

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi!

Do you mean the cement screed for the areas that you want to have laminate or parquet flooring?

Yes, HDB does provide that kind of service for new flats. Just visit the town council office and make an application. It may take up to 2 weeks depending on your estate schedule. Do prepare a duplicate key for them when applying.

You can save quite a bit instead of engaging your own contractor to do the screeding!

:notti:

sorry for diggin this old thread. i've been reading that screeding is not necessary for tiling but my contractor is saying our floor level is too low and needs to be raised. so i must get hdb to do the screeding? will they do for whole house? or just the rooms?

They can do the entire house for you.

sorry for diggin this old thread. i've been reading that screeding is not necessary for tiling but my contractor is saying our floor level is too low and needs to be raised. so i must get hdb to do the screeding? will they do for whole house? or just the rooms?

for everyone's reference...

they only do cement screeding if you are doing laminations. for tiles, it is provided for by the contractor...

my cement screeding of 3 bedrooms took 1-1.5 days and is free of charge

My new place took 2 days for living room and 3 bedrooms. Free of charge from HDB.

Edited by Spaniard

how long did you all wait for the HDB to do the cement screed? I was told to wait for 3 months!!!! Is there any contractor do cement screed only coz my ID quote me his @ $1.2K for only 3 bedroom!!!! He said is based on sq feet, is that true????? :help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Edited by Tirimisu