Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kenshin11

Common defects to check for in new flats

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi pst,

That HDB lady seems really good and kind. Your house will be defect free! By the way, check whether your gate hinges are rusty too.

I have an exec currently under reno in Jurong West too =) Mind letting me know who did you look for?

Have yet to scrutinize my whole house properly too.

I was wondering if it is the same lady as mine coz she is also ard in her 20s. Mine is a Standard one so have to fork out $$ on tiles :) Envy you.

LoL you are really very adorable. You really scrutinize everything and even went and mopped. I think I will be very tired if I really do it. Really salute u!

I change my hinges coz its very rusty.

My window hinges also cannot close properly but works fine after they oiled it. So don't worry ;)

Buying a house really very headache.Renovation also more headache but since your tiles are white also not bad. I saw some houses with white tiles and look quite nice also. I think its how you decorate your house hee.

If you save on tiles then you can focus on other areas to design.

Yah I went to see the punggol premium showflat. Got nice parquet flooring for bedrooms and homogenous in living. The bathroom wall tiles has only 1 color which is white. Nice hor?

haha yap some blocks the color really cannot make it. But everywhere you see in Singapore are rows and rows of boring flats. They should come up with some creativity like with a theme maybe like castle theme and build the flat in that way, the pirates..maybe build the flat in such structure, new york theme, KIT KAT chocolate box (soemmore can earn advertising). Just like Las Vegas Hotels ..This way SIngapore looks much more interesting and we can find the blocks more easily also.

For new flats, check if the door bell wires are working before installing false ceiling/ L-boxes.

Lucky I found out that the wire connection that ends at the kitchen was broken. Going to call HDB to fix it.

Hi everyone,

My fiancee and I got a repurchased flat from the recent WIS. The previous owner hacked down a number of walls and we are thinking of putting back some of those removed walls (eg. putting back the study room walls that had been removed).

Can we request for HDB to hack down those walls that are not in the original floor plan? And also put back those walls that were supposed to be there in the original plan?

In addition, can we ask the HDB to hack all the tiles and cornice?

The previous owner has also shifted the basin in the kitchen . Can we ask HDB to restore them?

Thanks alot!!! Coz I am scare that HDB will refuse my request since it is quite a major overhaul.

I hope by requesting that, i can save some $$$ for my renovation. *grin*

by right you can... there is no harm in asking

you can download an official "Defects Feedback Form For New Flats Provided With One-Year Defects Liability Period (DLP)" at http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/PC66VByFormID/HAPF00017

:dribble: at the bottom of the form, it says "Please report any defect(s) in your flat to the Branch Office managing your flat within seven days upon receipt of the keys or before any renovation works in the flat."

fill up the form and hand over to the HDB branch office in-charged of your district. they will possibly ask you to give them a set of your house keys for their officer to go down to check and rectify the defects.

for security reason, just buy a padlock for the gate, and only hand a copy of that key for their use. :good:

in future, during renovation, you can still give that same padlock key for the renovation contractor to use. !!

Edited by aoi

Introduction

The Construction Quality Assessment System or CONQUAS was developed by the Building and Construction Authority in co-operation with major public sector agencies and various leading industry professional bodies to measure workmanship quality in a completed building. Since the launch of CONQUAS in 1989, more than 2,238 public and private building projects have been assessed by BCA. The total cumulative contract value exceeding S$81.9 billion.

As a de facto national quality yardstick for the industry, CONQUAS has been periodically fine-tuned to keep pace with changes in technology and quality demands of more sophisticated Singaporeans.

CONQUAS assessment is compulsory for all public residential projects with contract sum above $5 million.

Defects in your new home?

defect_pic1_whattodo.jpg

Getting the keys to a new home is an exciting time, filled with great anticipation. Though we always expect our dream homes to turn out perfect, sometimes this is not the case. We find that certain items of work are not in accordance with the specifications, or detect instances of shoddy workmanship. What can we do about it? Under the Sale & Purchase Agreement signed with your Developer, your Developer has certain obligations to fulfil when defects are detected within the 12-month Defects Liability Period. You too, have a part to play in ensuring that the defect rectification process proceeds smoothly. The key steps in the defect rectification process are listed here to guide you along.

Architectural Works deals mainly with the finishes and components. This is the part where the quality and standard of workmanship are most visible. The assessment covers:

(i) Site inspection of internal finishes, roofs, external walls and external works at the completion stage of the building. Internal finishes include floors, internal walls, ceiling, doors, windows and components (architectural works that are not classified above).

(ii) Material & Functional tests such as water-tightness of windows & external walls and adhesion of internal wall tiles.

Edited by DSA