Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kcang71

Overlay Laminated Floor On Existing Floor

Topspin: If doing whole house except kitchen, main door kerb, believe it will be calculated per psf.. not per room/living room.

Depending on the grade of laminate flooring you want to get, say AC3, AC5.. most wld range between 3.5-4.5 per psf but generally cheaper than paying for homogeneous tiles + sand. Also it depends on what type of your place is as per psf will calculate according to your total floor area. Assuming that your place is a new flat, HDB will do cement screed free which you will save a bundle this way.

Edited by BunBun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I used Kronotex. There is only one floor cleaner I found for laminate, Sofix brand. One important thing is if got water must quickly wipe away, don't let it sip through.

Hi keltong, did you buy Kronotex direct of thru some renovation contractor? Who did the actual installation? Kronotex or contractor. Thanks

The last time I went to Expo few weeks ago, Kronotex quoted me $4.80 psf for their AC4 (8mm). However, they said this price might revise from time to time. Supreme quoted me $4.30 psf for their AC5 (8mm) but they told me this price was valid for the expo exhibition only.

Also, I feel that it will be better to go to Kronotex directly as the warranty card will be issued under your name (the owner). If you go thru your contractor, warranty will be issued to your contractor's name though the installation work will still be done by Kronotex. For any problems in future, you have to get your contractor to liaise with Kronotex, which could be a hassle if your contractor has no time to attend to you after your reno has finished :)

Hi keltong, did you buy Kronotex direct of thru some renovation contractor? Who did the actual installation? Kronotex or contractor. Thanks

Through contractor one leh. 2 China guy came, with everything still in my house (including piano, sofa and all), they finish in 2days, but complain coz need to move so many things around. :jawdrop:

I am starting renovation on my HDB shortly and are planning to install laminates over the existing ceramic floor tiles. Do you have to clean the floor very thoroughly just before installing laminates or will the installer take care of the cleaniness? I have spent a whole day washing and scrubing the ceramic tile flooring but it may get dirty again once the renovation starts. Do I ask the contractor to lay cardboard on the floor during the renovation to ensure the floor is still in good condition for the installation of the lamination?

Edited by Topspin

The installer will not bother too much abt cleaniness, being the owner, it is your concern.

There will be an extra cost incurred for the cardboard. It is not bundled in the reno package unless you ask & pay for it. However, there will bound to have dust underneath the cardboard during reno, you still need to mop the floor before installing laminates.