Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bpheng

Fire Insurance

As HDB owners, we are supposed to buy a basic fire insurance that covers that structure and such built by HDB...

Anyone buy additional fire insurance that covers furnishing, renovations, personal belongings etc?

If yes, please share more details like company name, plan they offer and such...

I'm now confused which policy to buy...

Thanks in advance...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The additional is not call fire insurance. It's more of a home content insurance, it covers not only fire, but should also cover theft and maybe natural disaster. There are quite a lot of companies that offer this.

When you purchase the fire insurance at HDB (with AHA), they have brochures you can take for more info.

Here are some of the companies who offer these insurance.

AHA

AHA 2

NTUC

AXA

AXA 2

HSBC

DBS (underwritten by MSIG)

Stanchart (underwritten by Prudential)

GE

GE 2

MSIC

MSIG 2

These are mostly for HDB as some have different plan for private housing.

I believe purchasing this is just for a peace of mind and will not go for something too expensive. Something basic is sufficient for me. Also note that you need some sort of proof, especially for expensive items and it will be good if you keep a copy of the receipts (at somewhere else safe I would think, imagine if you keep at home and there is fire, everything will go up in flames). :jawdrop:

The additional is not call fire insurance. It's more of a home content insurance, it covers not only fire, but should also cover theft and maybe natural disaster. There are quite a lot of companies that offer this.

When you purchase the fire insurance at HDB (with AHA), they have brochures you can take for more info.

Here are some of the companies who offer these insurance.

AHA

AHA 2

NTUC

AXA

AXA 2

HSBC

DBS (underwritten by MSIG)

Stanchart (underwritten by Prudential)

GE

GE 2

MSIC

MSIG 2

These are mostly for HDB as some have different plan for private housing.

I believe purchasing this is just for a peace of mind and will not go for something too expensive. Something basic is sufficient for me. Also note that you need some sort of proof, especially for expensive items and it will be good if you keep a copy of the receipts (at somewhere else safe I would think, imagine if you keep at home and there is fire, everything will go up in flames). :notti:

Thanks bro... :notti:

Hi bpheng...

We got the basic one from HDB...as well as additional fire insurance from NTUC Income...the AIG promotion covers 5 years at one go while our NTUC policy is renewable yearly...it was less than $60 the last time I remember.... :)

Hi bpheng...

We got the basic one from HDB...as well as additional fire insurance from NTUC Income...the AIG promotion covers 5 years at one go while our NTUC policy is renewable yearly...it was less than $60 the last time I remember.... :jawdrop:

The private ones usually covers contents where basic fire insurance do not. Now still got promotion for the AIG plan either 5 yrs you get overall 20 bucks discount + free slow cooker or you use giro yearly and get the slow cooker also.

Want to find out more PM me also can. Btw if you are interested in other companies fire insurance let me know too. TOo many to recommend and based on individual needs.

Some people with to cover special items for their house so those require special quotes from the various insurers.

For the Blk 79 TPY central ppl can let me know and i can drop by your place to explain which might be better.

i normally just buy thru NTUC online and pay using credit card...paying for a 3 years package comes with saving as compare to 1 year package.