Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Hobbes187's Stomping Ground

yeah yeah they very surprise we share quotes and even tiny details like freebies :bangwall::bangwall:

also our reno progress we tell each other they also know they cannot luan luan lai :wub:

We always ask them about others reno when i meet them, started already? etc etc

but Steven/Max should be quite happy , since we started this thread I think they got quite a far bit of new business from the publicity. Otherwise they were never mentioned in any where, like when we first started looking for ID, there was zero reviews or mention of them in anywhere, whether this forum or any other forum

Got so much business, now got a new guy follow them 2 around :jawdrop: Anyone know what the new guy is called, bigger size then steven, smaller size then Max hair golden one?

Steven drives a white hatch back I think, dont know is it a Colt or a Fit . Max is a silver gray Honda

No haven't seen the guy u mention leh. Eh, from my understanding Steven does not drive. Keke....

Eh... Eh...

Yah.

Haha!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No haven't seen the guy u mention leh. Eh, from my understanding Steven does not drive. Keke....

Eh... Eh...

Yah.

Haha!!

:jawdrop: really ah?

cause last time when he brought us to Jurong West to see his project and then went to our house, we saw him driving his white hatchback leh....unless we see wrong and it was Max driving

dotn tell me Max got 2 car?!?!?! :bangwall::bangwall:

Edited by kajua

:unsure: really ah?

cause last time when he brought us to Jurong West to see his project and then went to our house, we saw him driving his white hatchback leh....unless we see wrong and it was Max driving

dotn tell me Max got 2 car?!?!?! :dancingqueen::dribble:

eh... that i am not sure.

Hey, when can we see your furnished home?

Selecting Tiles

We went with Max to select tiles at Hafary Balestier today. The place was pretty crowded and we had fun choosing the tiles for the entire house. As we are going for the resort feel, most of our tiles are chosen to give a warm feel to the house.

All the tiles we chose today - From this overview you can see the kind of warm resort feel that we are trying to achive

DSC_0011.jpg

Living room (top) and Balcony tiles (bottom) - The living room homo tiles will be in 60x60 while the balcony ones will be 60x30. Chose the rougher balcony tiles to give an outdoor feel.

DSC_0016-1.jpg

Kitchen and service balcony floor (top) and wall tiles (bottom) - I really like the combi of the kitchen. The floor tile is really unique. It will be matched by a wooden laminate on my kitchen cabinet.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Kitchen toilet wall (left top), floor(right) and wall feature tiles (left bottom) - We are thinking of putting the feature piece behind the WC and the shower head.

DSC_0012.jpg

MBR toilet wall (left top), wall feature (left bottom) and floor tiles (right) - The flower tiles will be used in the shower area only. It should give a nice hotel effect with the new vanity cabinet and large mirror

DSC_0013.jpg

i realised ur black toilet tiles are the same as what i chosen.. :dancingqueen: e exact ones from hafary.. :dribble:

i realised ur black toilet tiles are the same as what i chosen.. :dancingqueen: e exact ones from hafary.. :dribble:

Oh do u mean the wall feature tiles in my common toilet?

eh... that i am not sure.

Hey, when can we see your furnished home?

hehehe.... we stopped taking pics of the house for the time being... waiting for the furniture to be in place then won't look so bare :yamseng:

tomorrow starting our search for sofa, dining table, tv console and shoe cabinet!:horse::notti:

hehehe.... we stopped taking pics of the house for the time being... waiting for the furniture to be in place then won't look so bare :notti:

tomorrow starting our search for sofa, dining table, tv console and shoe cabinet!:dunno::yamseng:

Kajua,

I saw that u bought a KDK fan from Chelsea lightings. Is that a ceiling fan? Which model and how much? Cos when I was there I didnt see KDK ones, only crestar and some other brands.

Kajua,

I saw that u bought a KDK fan from Chelsea lightings. Is that a ceiling fan? Which model and how much? Cos when I was there I didnt see KDK ones, only crestar and some other brands.

yup yup ours is a KDK ceiling fan

A11YS_p_200.jpg

The model is A11YS, only one we could find that was approved for HDB use. Price was $185.

Edited by kajua

yup yup ours is a KDK ceiling fan

A11YS_p_200.jpg

The model is A11YS, only one we could find that was approved for HDB use. Price was $185.

Do they have other KDK models? I tot there're many approved models? What about those crestar etc??

U fixed this in the living area? Powerful enough?

Do they have other KDK models? I tot there're many approved models? What about those crestar etc??

U fixed this in the living area? Powerful enough?

They have other KDK model but this is the only one approved. This was told to us by Capital Group (KDK distributor) when we called them cause we actually wanted the Yuragi model. So we checked the HDB website it says for ceiling fan

* Weight of fan should not exceed 6kg.

* Clear height from finished floor level to fan blades should be at least 2.4m.

* Harden steel expanding bolt should not exceed 8 mm in diameter and penetration depth of steel plug should not exceed 40 mm.

When we were fan hunting the shop showed us the PSB Tested sticker and say its HDB approved. But my FH found that PSB Tested Sticker means approved to us in Singapore but for HDB you need to follow the above 3 guideline. This KDK fan was the only one that met them

The Crestar one was also recommened to us by Chelsea lighting but the fan weights 8kg. So we decided to just stick to this. The fan so far quite good. When we turn it on to 3 we can feel it on our feet furtherest corner of the living/dining room.

hahaha... maybe i shall sms steven and disturb him also... our final pub connection will be on sat 4 to 6pm.... so maybe he will go over after skywolf's tile selection :(

good mah, then they cannot anyhow quote cos they know we sharing the information ;)

Means max i can take is 2 hrs. :)

One more chap? 3?! :P

Err... din know hdb got regulations for fan... then most of those fan shops selling non-approved ones. And happily misleading ppl... And lack of enforcement lehz, coz no one made hoo-haa to Forum. :( So can take chance to buy? :D

Think I'll just buy any one I like since HDB doesnt enforce the rules. Looking at the bigger KDK one...

When we called KDK distributor, they mentioned there are ppl installing the non HDB approved models, as there are no enforcement on this regulations. However, they probably need to remove it when they want to sell house as HDB ppl will come down for inspection. So this could be one point you need to note if you intend to sell the house in future.

Another thing to note is height of the ceiling. Our place ceiling is rather low, so it could be quite dangerous to have the ceiling fan with long "stem". Which is why we decided to follow HDB regulation eventually

Looks like many forumers are using ceiling fan. I suggested it to my bf, but he did not like the idea. :dunno:

well...ceiling fans are very practical as it can cool the area fast and cheap compared to aircon.

but provided if the fans can blend into your decor, or if practicality weighs more than decor.

for us, we decided against fans as well. End up using a separate aircon unit for the living/dining area.