Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weiht

Slack Pad

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just got news that the hacking by HDB contractor will start next monday latest, and the retiling will take abt 2 weeks. Also, not possible to use other tiles except their own. Funny logic to me lah, since if HDB is paying, i dun understand why i cant get nicer tiles that cost the same, at most i top up lor. After that then my ID can start his work, which will take another 4-6 weeks.

So gotta push back all my furniture deliveries.

did you managed to talk to the hdb contractor?

when i mention using other tiles to my TO, she told me to speak to the contractor instead

apparently HDB does not allow that but if we liase with the contractor it should be alright :P :P

hacking is completed, and i have already chose the tiles from the hdb contractor. Today, i called the boss again to ask if i can choose nicer tile and top up, and he said can. zzzzzz

I asked him a few times b4 and he always said no can do, however now he say can. So i called his foreman up to say dun lay yet, but was told the tiles alr delivered and no choice alr.

Im like pissed with the boss now, cuz i asked him so many times and now he suddenly say OK. Now even if he say ok also no use alr, since tiles are ordered n delivered liao. :jawdrop:

that's so infuriating :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

cannot ask them to send back? at most pay transportation charges !!

I think its pretty tough cuz there are some tiles alr broken (But not my fault right???), and some boxes alr opened. Really upset abt it, cuz in the end i will still spend money to overlay the toilets, and i could have saved up pretty much ALOT of $ if the boss have agreed earlier.

I mean i have asked at least 5-6 times over the last 1 and half weeks, and kept telling me cant lah, its HDB ruling blah blah blah. Today say, in that case u go see my supplier, but the joy was short-lived.

N i didnt just ask briefly leh, i asked n pushed n pyschoed him...

My plan was to spray epoxy over the kitchen and 2x toilet walls, and overlay the floor, and it cost $1350 for it all. But having HDB hack n relay the tiles, i could have used the $1350 to upgrade the tiles n choose nicer design man, and i think maybe still have change considering i just top up the difference in the cost of tiles with HDB budget...

Im hoping for a miracle LOL, altho the tiles are not bad looking (Nicer than the sample), but if i can have it my way then why not???

Things can only get better !!

IMHO, you could try speaking to the boss and candidly tell him you want an upgrade to the newer ones which you want. lol. Basically a bit more diff is a lot to business ma. :yamseng:

Or else wasting the 1.3k is just basically throwing away the money even before its put to good use. I mean that can be spent on other things to do up your place right?