Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

St Report : Renovation Cost To Go Up By 20%!

Read in Straits Times that renovation cost are looking to go up 20% this year...

Has anyone felt the impact already?

What about those already signed ? Will they adjust the quote or are the firms locked into the prices?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Read in Straits Times that renovation cost are looking to go up 20% this year...

What about those already signed ? Will they adjust the quote or are the firms locked into the prices?

Everything is rising.. i not surprised that the reno cost will be going up too.

For those already signed, I don't think there going to be any adjustment as the prices on the quotation has already been agreed.

:D

err...haven sign leh, only can confirm end april 08..

but i think we wouldnt "see" the amount bah, should be all hidden :unsure:

Cost of commodities are raising, but it has always been raising. Along the way, i feel that companies must not always transfer the cost to consumers, and also should except that its part of raising business cost.

Eventually, housing mkt in spore will come to a standstill soon, n they will not have many jobs left to reno. So by keeping the prices gg up also may not be a gd deal for them.

However, so far i have not heard of many ID firms pushing prices up. The ones that will cost alot are many the metals i.e. SS or copper piping.

Not so much on the impact leh, maybe Ho Bee helps me to absorb the cost increase :P But he told me the cost for sands has increased by 20% compare to last year.

He started the reno for my flat last week and based on my research, the cost for some of his items are more and some still remain compare to last year's figure. Well, everything is going to cost you more as time goes. So far nearly nothing is getting cheaper nowadays :notti: