Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Dogs & Us

hi babytan... tis is my very 1st post on renotalk though have been reading the forums religiously :dunno:

wonder if your neighbours will complain about 2 dogs?

am keeping 2 too but worried that new neighbours will complain when we move to the new plc :good:

wow you gave me your virgin post..keke :dunno: for me still ok as both of them are more to toy breed and they are not barkish unless garang guni man past by..actually both of them are licensed (1 under my home address, the other under my in law address) in fact, only one was licensed previously but after AVA announced that the compound fee for 1 dog increased from $500 to $5000 :) i got worried, just registered my boy ( i cant afford $5000!!) i went to my new flat and saw that my neighbour also got dog, think mine can find new friends le..overall i think if your dogs doesnt dirty the common area and dun kaciao, they wouldnt bother la but i also read about some nasty neighbours will complain for nothing wan..best is you go and get licence for both of them la, safer this way :)

Babytan, good luck to you on your moving, it should not be a problem for you and ur hubby + the doggies as long as got water & lights. :good: Just cross the bridge when you come to it and worry about the whole thing later since take a step at a time is better than nothing.

thanks for your encouragement :jammin:

will come to you all again if i encounter problems, this forum indeed help me to get more more information

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my boy has a licence while the girl doesn't have... she just got sterilised last month thus will do her licence very soon...

hope my future neighbours are dog lovers...

my dogs a little barkish especially when we come back from work regardless of the time... thus if we come back at 10pm or 11pm+, they will still bark... hope the new neighbours will bear with us for that 5 minutes for them to quieten down... :unsure:

tink will close the main door most of the time even when we are home so that they won't bark when they see pple outside...

my boy has a licence while the girl doesn't have... she just got sterilised last month thus will do her licence very soon...

hope my future neighbours are dog lovers...

my dogs a little barkish especially when we come back from work regardless of the time... thus if we come back at 10pm or 11pm+, they will still bark... hope the new neighbours will bear with us for that 5 minutes for them to quieten down... :)

tink will close the main door most of the time even when we are home so that they won't bark when they see pple outside...

luckily for mine, only bark at strangers..hahah they dun bark at us

but at times when we disturb them when playing their ball, they will bark and bark and it can be quite loud at times..as long as they dun bark the whole day, think neighbours should be ok la...

quick quick go and do the licence, dun risk :unsure:

Edited by babytan

my proposed floor plan:

FloorPlan.jpg

pardon me for the super ugly drawings, i am really not a very creative person :unsure:

1) hack toilets 2 into 1 (cos the current 1 is too small le)

2) hack store and change into WIW

3) hack wall between living and kitchen and extend dining area

4) hack all tiles

5) study table / feature wall / shoe cabinet etc

6) electrical / plumbing / painting / plastering etc

rest of the basic items not mentioned..

any suggestions (good or bad) will be much appreciated :)

my budget 30K for all the above, is it too little?? cos my quotes all more than 30K

wow moving in and out very troublesome ya? but you staying SK, very far wor..me west side..thanks for your invite..will pm you if i can make it..at times no transport very difficult to bring my dogs out, if i go alone, can only handle 1..later people say me unfair leh, bring 1 only !!

ya i heard before when dogs go to new places, some will be depressed especially older dogs..i think my gal still ok as her adaptability is good..as long as she be with us, shouldnt be any problem, give them more LOVE lor..kekekek + FOOD :bow:

at times when scolding them can also see tears in their eyes..so heart pain..but no scold no grow leh

my boy is especially naughty, i also use the cane to wack his backside :D

ya , super annoying to pack up , move in n out n need to unpack over again ... told my hubby that i won't want to move house ever again ...

i dun have own transport too .. just take cabs to bring them ard ..

when donut 1st return to our newly reno place, he was amused .. soon later he realise that his playground aka the living hall become smaller , kinda upset for awhile ... soon later oreo arrived, and he got so jealous .. thus i think he never as happy as b4.

it's always heartwarming to see cuties.. female dogs ... my boys love to annoy me to the max, being very naughty ... i beat them so much .. they still come to me , licking my toes ... or just sleep on my feet ...

my proposed floor plan:

FloorPlan.jpg

pardon me for the super ugly drawings, i am really not a very creative person !!

1) hack toilets 2 into 1 (cos the current 1 is too small le)

2) hack store and change into WIW

3) hack wall between living and kitchen and extend dining area

4) hack all tiles

5) study table / feature wall / shoe cabinet etc

6) electrical / plumbing / painting / plastering etc

rest of the basic items not mentioned..

any suggestions (good or bad) will be much appreciated :bow:

my budget 30K for all the above, is it too little?? cos my quotes all more than 30K

heehee .. your drawing is not bad leh .. at least you know how to go abt it ..

hmm.. u need to check properly , regards to your 2 toilets with HDB. you might have some major pipes being in your way .... the doors leave as per current, in case of guests or anyone need to use the toilet , can always lock the one to MBR.

tell all the IDs that you only have budget of 30K and no more .... they can quote you accordingly ...

if you need my ID, can pm me for his contacts ... I seen his works for 3 rooms flat b4 .. very nice :D

Edited by ranval9

heehee .. your drawing is not bad leh .. at least you know how to go abt it ..

hmm.. u need to check properly , regards to your 2 toilets with HDB. you might have some major pipes being in your way .... the doors leave as per current, in case of guests or anyone need to use the toilet , can always lock the one to MBR.

tell all the IDs that you only have budget of 30K and no more .... they can quote you accordingly ...

if you need my ID, can pm me for his contacts ... I seen his works for 3 rooms flat b4 .. very nice :yamseng:

you are right, there are BIG pipes in the toilets, need to apply for permit to hack bah but cannot dun hack cos it is just tooo small..1 toilet with 2 doors so whoever going to the toilet will have to lock both

told liao leh but all come out is more than my budget :sport-smiley-018:

guess is due to hacking and carpentry..need to reduce more leh, gave up study table / shelf and thinking to give up shoe cabinet too..still need 35K (not inclusive of electrical)...

how much you spent on your reno?

Carpentry cost is high other than hacking costs & if move again, got to hack away such carpentry done since got to return it back to its original state before handover. Try to do minimal carpentry better.

Be sure to nego with ur ID and ask for some 'freebies' included since such freebies would be factored in the whole cost. Can share your quote with us?

Carpentry cost is high other than hacking costs & if move again, got to hack away such carpentry done since got to return it back to its original state before handover. Try to do minimal carpentry better.

Be sure to nego with ur ID and ask for some 'freebies' included since such freebies would be factored in the whole cost. Can share your quote with us?

definately :~ 1 thing good about the resale flat i brought, no built-in carpentry, only need to hack tiles and some walls..

let me scan 1st :P pls give me more suggestions...freebies like wat huh? ID said can give can give but other items more exp..zzz :help:

It depends on what the ID can give or not leh? What can the ID give actually?

definately :~ 1 thing good about the resale flat i brought, no built-in carpentry, only need to hack tiles and some walls..

let me scan 1st :P pls give me more suggestions...freebies like wat huh? ID said can give can give but other items more exp..zzz :help:

this floor plan proposed by ID:

1 thing have to compliment him, as he is good enough to give me whatever he drawn, as compared to some other IDs i went to, they cannot give me a copy leh!! cos bringing for shifu to see also so, i am very much appreciated by his little kind gesture

FloorPlan-1.jpg

here's the quote:

Demolition Works

1) hacking for living/dining hall existing floor tiles

2) hacking for all bedrooms existing skirting

3) hacking for kitchen wall & floor tiles

4) hacking for both bathroom wall & floor tiles

5) dismantle & dispose of existing both bathroom pedestal pans

6) dismantle & dispose of existing both bathroom wash basin

7) dismantle & dispose of existing both bathroom door/door frame

Masonry Works

8) Supply of 60cm x 60cm homo flooring for living/dining (MAX $3.00 psf)

9) supply labour & cement to lay 60cm x 60cm homo flooring for living/dining c/w skirting10) supply & lay laminated flooring for all bedrooms c/w wooden skirting

11) supply & lay heavy duty homo flooring for kitchen (MAX $2.50 psf)

12) supply & lay non slip homo flooring for both bathrooms (MAX $2.50 psf)

13) supply & lay full height designers ceramic wall tiles for kitchen expose wall (MAX $2.00 psf)

14) supply & lay full height designers ceramic wall tiles for both bathrooms (MAX $2.00 psf)

15) application of water proofing membrane for kitchen & both bathrooms

Plumbing Works

16) supply labour & materials to change copper piping for kitchen & both bathrooms (Cold)

17) supply labour & materials to run washing machine inlet/outlet pipe

18) supply labour & materials to run sink inlet/outlet pipe

19) supply labour to install 2 sets pedestal pans & wash basins

20) supply labour to install 2 sets water heater

Misc

21) supply & install white powdered coated aluminium bi-fold door for both bathrooms

22) lay protection sheet for flooring

23) chemical washing for whole house (2X)

24) application of HDB permit

LUMP SUM FOR ABOVE - $13,508 + FOC 20ft kitchen cabinet

Additional item

Demolition Works

1) hacking of kitchen entrance divider full height wall to extend dining area - $260.00

2) hacking existing storeroom door, door frame, full height divider wall between MBR & storeroom - $240.00

3) hacking of full height divider wall between both toilets to combine into one - $150.00

Masonry Works

1) supply & lay 2ft x 2ft homo tiles for entrance steps - $250.00

2) touch up & plaster smooth affected area due to hacking of kitchen entrance divider wall - $210.00

3) construct 2nos of L1000mm x H950mm each,hollow block low wall at new create kitchen entrance-$460.00

4) touch up & plaster smooth affected area due to hacking of divider wall betw MBR & store - $160.00

5) seal up existing store entrance using 63mm thk hollow block, mesh & plaster smooth both sides-$380.00

6) touch up & plaster smooth affected area due to hacking of divider wall betw both toilets - $160.00

7) construct 50mm thk concrete kerb at new create toilet shower area - $80.00

Door Works

1) supply & install 01 veneer design main door c/w lockset (non-fire) - $560.00

2) supply & install 02 veneer design door for all bedrooms c/w lockset - $640.00 (each $320.00)

Ceiling Works

1) construct plasterboard false ceiling ****, dining, bedroom passage - $820.00

2) box up existing toilet sewage pipe with water resistance board - $260.00

Plastering/Painting Works

1) plaster smooth whole house wall & ceiling - $1680.00

2) supply & apply 1 layer of oil based sealer aft plastering - $250.00

3) painting of whole house wall & ceiling using ICI or Nippon - $800.00 (1-2 colours only)

Glass Works

1) supply & install 2 panels of L1000mm x H1640mm x 10mm clear design temp glass fixed panel c/w 1 set of L1000mm x H2650mm x 10mm thk clear temp glass sliding using heavy duty top hung system at new create kitchen entrance - $1180.00

2) supply & install corner design 10mm thk temp glass shower screen at toilet area - $520.00

Aluminium Works

1) supply & install L900mm x H2100mm wrought iron main gate - $480.00

Carpentry Works - Foyer

1) design & fabricate L1500mm low shoe cabinet c/w L600mm bench using solid plywood with laminated finish c/w colour PVC on shelves - $890.00

Carpentry Works - Living

1) design & fabricate L1800mm full height TV feature wall panelling with tinted glass or mirror insert c/w L1800mm suspended TV console using solid plywood with laminated finish - $1860.00

Carpentry Works - MBR

1) design & fabricate L-shaped of total L3900mm full height open concept wardrobe using solid plywood with laminated finish - $2920.00

2) design & fabricate L1000mm full height panelling c/w L900mm x H2100mm sliding door with heavy duty top hung sliding system using solid plywood with laminated finish - $1340.00

3) construct L500mm partition false wall to create new bedhead recess opening - $240.00

4) FOC 2 shelves to serve as bedside table & 3 wall mount shelves in WIW area

Carpentry Works - Kitchen

1) design & fabricate additional L2000mm kitchen cabinet using solid plywood with laminated finish - $660.00

2) fabricate L1200mm low divider betw sink&wash machine using solid plywood with laminated finish-$240.00

3) supply & install L-shaped total L4300mm solid surface - $990.00

Misc Works

1) supply & install 01 flat design rubbish chute - FOC

2) supply haulage service & cleaning of all debris off site during reno & upon completion - $680.00

GRAND TOTAL - $32,868

still excludes electrical works and the above are after removing of some items..initial quote was $43K

am i getting a good deal or too expensive? or i am doing too much?

any advice much appreciated =)

Edited by babytan

i) Skip the feature tv console. =)

ii) Ask for cheaper doors. I think there's a lower grade which is still acceptable... abt $240~ thereabouts.

I think i know who gave u this quote. Haha! I had not spoken to them. =)

Just curious, if you're having 20ft kitchen cabinets FOC, why you need additional kitchen cabinet btw?

And you can source for cheaper doors elsewhere though. Living room feature wall you can opt not to have it unless you and your hubby wants it. I mean from the floor plan, the wall where the tv feature is at, seems a bit small to be quoted so high somehow? I must say that the cost for paints is cheaper by 100 compared to Nippon paint service. Still Nippon & ICI paints comes with 2 colours for house + 1 sealer or what for the ceiling at 800-900.

Hmmm... din know HDB main door can be "non-fire" type. Thot all main doors must have certain minimum fire protection.

For a three room flat... your quote is a little on the high side, especially the carpentary work....price of your solid surface also seems high as for that price, I think you can get granite. Per foot run for wardrobe is about $230. Instead of sliding door to your wardrobe, you may want to consider string curtains?

As for TV feature wall... it is subjective. I chose to put up a simple partition wall with paint finishing... which cost me $350. Then add a TV console at the bottom for another $440. Save money and I can also bring my TV console elsewhere when I move out in the future. Too many built-ins give you very limited options in the future.

However, if you are happy with your id... thats the most important.

Ever toy with the idea of merging your living room and spare room? I love a big living space. Else, shift the wall to make the spare room smaller... like a study room. That will give you a bigger living space... can accomodate a larger flat screen TV!! :unsure: