Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darrenelle

It's Darrenelle's

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for everyone's suggestion and compliments.

Changes are definitely to be expected.

Mr Bf and I stayed up last night and concluded that white floor tiles will look better with the theme.

Most likely we will just stick to what Hafary has to offer.

Ha... else renovation is never going to start.... Think Steven will kill us anytime too...

just a note,

white floor tiles very clean and pristine but requires high level of maintenance.

a single strand of hair sticks out like a sore thumb, that's what my frens with very white tiles are facing.

even marks/spots/patches are more obvious.

must balance beauty and practicality. But if the white tiles really too alluring, then go for it :)

whoa...nice 3D pictures :dribble::dribble:

Is that white tile the matt type or glossy type? If its glossy type, you might be getting a lot of glare from the lights, might not be so easy on the eye in the long run

white.jpg

$3.80 ah... then is it the same I recommend? (see above - sorry a bit pinkish becos of the light shining thru my pink curtains) But mine i saw it at Soon Bee Huat. (i think everywhere also ard the same la)

I cant tell from your picture of your white tile, is it matte or glossy?

I vote for matte cos looks very soothing in the longer run (imho)

Go for it if you really like. I really really like but in the end I chose the black counterpart as I am more comfortable with dark colors as whole

nice nice..your house like set in greyish tone hor...agreed with you on the toilet..the effects of the black tiles looked different for both side, just like mixing 2 designs together...i would say that if 1 is designed, the other matching got to look plain (IMHO) :) 2 also designs looked "overcrowded" leh

toilet looked small, think now all the flats the same..actually i have the same idea = shower glass panel -> toilet bowl -> vanity top

but ID said my toilet cannot, later kana block by door, later kana block by pipes (cos mine is resale flat, 20+yrs old)

need to confirm with him again on 20th...

how about your MBR? bo pics ah?

just a note,

white floor tiles very clean and pristine but requires high level of maintenance.

a single strand of hair sticks out like a sore thumb, that's what my frens with very white tiles are facing.

even marks/spots/patches are more obvious.

must balance beauty and practicality. But if the white tiles really too alluring, then go for it :)

Compassvale, I agree with you. However, black tiles are neither easy to maintain too. Alittle bit of dust can be seen easily too. We scratched and stepped on the pure black tiles, lines can be seen and sweaty foot marks can be seen too. The other reason why we didn't stick to black is cos no black tiles actually caught our eyes. Kind of sad now. Thought we could make something out of it as we went throught so many rounds of changing tiles. :(

$3.80 ah... then is it the same I recommend? (see above - sorry a bit pinkish becos of the light shining thru my pink curtains) But mine i saw it at Soon Bee Huat. (i think everywhere also ard the same la)

I cant tell from your picture of your white tile, is it matte or glossy?

I vote for matte cos looks very soothing in the longer run (imho)

Go for it if you really like. I really really like but in the end I chose the black counterpart as I am more comfortable with dark colors as whole

Hey Kajua and bluedusk, the selected one is glossy finish.

Bluedusk, the tiles is quite nice. where is soon bee huat? But i am going to give green light for Steven to start tiling on 20th. Am not sure if I have enough time. :dunno:

nice nice..your house like set in greyish tone hor...agreed with you on the toilet..the effects of the black tiles looked different for both side, just like mixing 2 designs together...i would say that if 1 is designed, the other matching got to look plain (IMHO) :) 2 also designs looked "overcrowded" leh

toilet looked small, think now all the flats the same..actually i have the same idea = shower glass panel -> toilet bowl -> vanity top

but ID said my toilet cannot, later kana block by door, later kana block by pipes (cos mine is resale flat, 20+yrs old)

need to confirm with him again on 20th...

how about your MBR? bo pics ah?

No MBR, cos we put on hold. Looking for pole system, maybe alumix, maybe Ikea pole system. No hurry for that.

Replace that kitchen door.

My opinion - reminds me like restaurant kitchen door. :bleah::bleah:

Yah. I don't like the door too. Eeeee.... I make sure mr bf read this. wahaha...

and... the Entertainment Area

tv_STEVEN_299b_b2.jpg

:yamseng:

So NICE!!!!!!! :dribble::dribble: Where is this Entertainment area suppose to be? How come got 2 walls? Did you ask Steven to build up 2 walls?

So NICE!!!!!!! :dribble::dribble: Where is this Entertainment area suppose to be? How come got 2 walls? Did you ask Steven to build up 2 walls?

Thanks. It's for mr bf's ps3 and wii... basically gaming corner. yah, we asked steven to do it so as to create a space on it's own. but right now, it's not confirmed. I see this thing as impractical. haha...

by the way, how's your bookshelf coming? We ever wanted to custom make one but Steven quoted us 1600 dollars!!

Edited by darrenelle