Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chubbyman

Bi-folding Glass Door Advise

Hi all,

I am looking for contractors to do bi-folding glass panel doors. Something like those retail shops in the mall, where we can slide out the glass panels to form a wall.

my kitchen is open concept, i.e. i hacked down the wall to open up the entrance .. hee,hee..

so now, instead of the sliding glass panel door, i want to keep the kitchen entrance "open".. so which means, when i do massive cooking, i slide out the panels (eg. 3-4 panels) and when i don't cook, i can fold the panels to one side.

any idea on the cost and who could do it?

cheers

Edited by chubbyman

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh goodie!

I was about to post on bi-fold doors (and also ask for users of PD doors for their experience). Im originally looking for a bi-fold door for my kitchen. However, after reading up on bifolds in this forum, I came across PD doors which seem to be really good - top track only, so the absence of bottom track will not cause dirt to get trapped and also minimise tripping incidents etc. http://www.pddoor.com

so i'll like to find out from people who have used PD doors for their experience as I've also came across comments that the absence of bottom track will cause the door to be less 'sturdy/durable'.

chubbyman, apparently pd doors can be swung to 180degree so it can somewhat meet your needs for the open concept look.

pd door owners, pls share your experience!

Oh goodie!

I was about to post on bi-fold doors (and also ask for users of PD doors for their experience). Im originally looking for a bi-fold door for my kitchen. However, after reading up on bifolds in this forum, I came across PD doors which seem to be really good - top track only, so the absence of bottom track will not cause dirt to get trapped and also minimise tripping incidents etc. http://www.pddoor.com

so i'll like to find out from people who have used PD doors for their experience as I've also came across comments that the absence of bottom track will cause the door to be less 'sturdy/durable'.

chubbyman, apparently pd doors can be swung to 180degree so it can somewhat meet your needs for the open concept look.

pd door owners, pls share your experience!

thanks for the note.

I am looking for clear glass panels .. not sure if they do it in glass..

any idea how much is the cost of the PD door?

thanks for the note.

I am looking for clear glass panels .. not sure if they do it in glass..

any idea how much is the cost of the PD door?

Just visit pddoor website. I think they do it in glass with additional cost. The cost range for a glass panel is between $180 - $380 depends on size and glass type. I am looking for some doors myself. Anybody have used this pd door?

Just visit pddoor website. I think they do it in glass with additional cost. The cost range for a glass panel is between $180 - $380 depends on size and glass type. I am looking for some doors myself. Anybody have used this pd door?

No experience yet for me

Have u gone down to their office at Blk 1075 Eunos Avenue 6?

am thinking of going there on Sat since its near my WTB place

No experience yet for me

Have u gone down to their office at Blk 1075 Eunos Avenue 6?

am thinking of going there on Sat since its near my WTB place

I haven't gone down to their office.

Please share your experience when you returned :)

yes yes, pls share your experience after u've been there! :dancingqueen:

Understood that the pd door consultant can actually do a free site visit to better access our needs/requirements. but as im currently renovating my plc, it certainly won't be convenient as the entire place is like a war zone. n also, think u can see more samples at their showroom

from their website, it seems like they hv many types of materials avail for the panel portion. m also looking for glass as my plc is very small, so need to create the 'illusion' of space

pd door users, pls share with us your experience! bi-fold users, pls also share with us your experience on bi-folds! or any brands of bi-folds that are good

yes yes, pls share your experience after u've been there! :dancingqueen:

Understood that the pd door consultant can actually do a free site visit to better access our needs/requirements. but as im currently renovating my plc, it certainly won't be convenient as the entire place is like a war zone. n also, think u can see more samples at their showroom

from their website, it seems like they hv many types of materials avail for the panel portion. m also looking for glass as my plc is very small, so need to create the 'illusion' of space

pd door users, pls share with us your experience! bi-fold users, pls also share with us your experience on bi-folds! or any brands of bi-folds that are good

I have no problems with my PD door after 1 1/2 years of usage. :D

what material did you choose for your panel? do you mind sharing how much you paid for it? so the absence of bottom track does not affect the sturdiness ya?

sorry for asking so many questions. My contractor is supposed to provide us with a bi-fold door, as per the quotation. but im more keen on pd door - seems really good. so now doing the cost comparison and how durable both are.

hi, i have been using PD door for 3 months liao, seems good for me, but be careful if you have guest. Better teach them how to use first, or else your door will be stuck.

I have no problems with my PD door after 1 1/2 years of usage. :D

hi, wanted to install this pd door also..but juz wana check u guys install in the toilets?

i wanted to install as balcony doors so that the whole place can be open up,

but will there be a lot of noise when u push out the doors?

understand they do not have any guards below so there will be noise when pushing out?

Hi STEVE...me really or rather tempted to go for besglas...but too expensive!!!!! Cannot afford. Maybe I will wait for this coming friday toto draw!!! hahaha!! :dancingqueen:

Hi HAPPY, is this really that expensive??

But which one is better, desglas or Pddoor??

Can user of besglas door and Pddoor user give some comment??

Btw HAPPY, if kana this friday toto, i also go for marble floor like u le hehe...

But ur work top is really so nice, my wife also say very beautiful.