Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lostchild

Relocate Toilet Bowls

in fact, i'll be doing that for my yard toilet, since nobody uses it. ID said can do it, he'll overlay the hole with tiles. he said something like also sealing the area around the hole with silicone, so that anything (smell or sewerage) will not be able to leak through.

he said can't totally block up the hole with concrete, cos in case downstairs neighbour got any sewage pipe problem, can still come up to check if necessary. also, when u sell the place, new owner may want to reinstate the toilet bowl, so best to leave it reversible.

Hi so you have not done it? I was wondering because I asked 2 IDs, both of them say cannot. They said even if seal up the smell will come out thru the drainage hole which is on the toilet floor.

One ID even said the drainage on the toilet floor is connected to the same pipe as the toilet pipe, which sounds weird to me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sharebear, i'll be doing it in april. will let you know how it goes. will take a few pics too.

not sure about the smell. hopefully he'll do a good job and the smell doesnt come up. my ID is quite ok, my whole place was done by him when we moved in, very good job. now my toilet reno also look for him, he will do all he can to help.

yes, your ID is correct. all drainage (including the toilet bowls, the sinks, the floor drainage holes) goes to the main sewerage pipe, which is the biggest vertical pipe you see in your home (if yours is newer place, the pipes are already all concealed, you probably can remember the big pipe in our parents' place toilets).

Hi dracwy

I still visit my parents place so I do remember the big vertical pipes. Just that I am wondering how the 'crap' travels haha (I hope you are not having a meal when reading this)

Spoke to one ID, she say can relocate , but must do up a low wall, change to wall-hung WC. Then spoke to 3 contractors, all three say cannot shift.. When ask how about wall-hung, all say never 'convert' before...

Anyone have successfully shift WC? Is HDB approve?

considered the toilet bowl shift option during our reno... strongly adviced against by ID.

explained that to shift, need to run a parallel pipe to connect back to the outlet provided by hdb.

imagine if there is some leakage w water proofing problem, the sanitary fluid will go to the neighbour below... ugly sight

the most we could do was to shift the TB by 2 inches by using a collar.

see our renovation blog as follows http://hdbrenovation2009.blogspot.sg/2013/06/feedback-of-water-cabinet-baron-w303-4.html