Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starscream

Koong Yee Renovation Works

I have nothing but praise for Koong Yee Renovations , I am fortunate that I engaged them and they did a great job for me and despite of all the horror stories that I heard about contractors and their kind , I was pretty much spared of such worries with Koong Yee doing my job

I am fortunate to have Mr Steven Yong of Koong Yee handling my job , a pleasant man with lots of patience and clarity in explaining his work first to me before doing it and not to mention his honesty and utter professionalism

I feel that choosing a good ID is important , you might think that you have chosen a reputable company based on first impression which at times could turn out to be rather superficial and on top of that should you get a irresponsible ID , you can look in the mirror and say to yourself ' I am practically SCREWED '

The Renovation process not only involved clarity in communication but also a certain level of personality compatiblity and trust between your ID and yourself

it is somewhat like a partnership not unlike a dance so to speak, where both parties try not to step onto each other toes , if there is clear communication and understanding in discharging all the works and items stated in the agreed quote , the dance would be beautiful and should it be otherwise , then both parties will likely be dancing all the way to the small claim court with lots of screaming and vulgar words along the way

I am happy to have Mr Steven Yong of Koong Yee , he is someone who is responsible and honest and more importantly he gives his best for you

:)

do you have any photos... or T-blog?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The reviews on Koong Yee Renovation Works has been quite outdated.

Has anybody tried them for the past year? any reviews and photos would be useful. Thanks.

Some updates on the renovation progress with Koong Yee. Things finally moved after we made a huge din - contract stated 6 weeks to completion from commencement but nothing moved after the initial hacking. As a result, our renovation completion was pushed back by 3 weeks. And if your PM says he/she is going on leave and tells you they have coverage, let me assure you there is NEGATIVE COVERAGE. When we first met the PM, he did inform us on that he will be on 2 weeks leave, but not to worry as there is a senior covering him - we were totally misled by this. We asked and probed and was told ALL works (painting/plumbing/carpentry/electrical) has been arranged. I have screen shots to substantiate this - just PM me if you need to and I'm happy to send you the screen shots for verification.

The latest joke is - my electrical works have been completed yesterday (finally!) and I have not received the quote for the electrical works yet. We were chasing for it since a month ago. Another classic: project schedule given, installation dates for fan and air-con were provided by the PM himself. As house owners, we gave the reminder 1 week before + re-confirmation done 3 days prior, all of which were given ok by the PM, but just 1 day prior to arranged installation date, PM text to ask us to postpone the installation dates as the flooring folks were coming in when according to the schedule put up by him, they were only supposed to come 1 day later.   

That is why the project was delayed by 3 weeks which we, the house owners, are bearing the consequence now. Complete lack of project coordination and please do NOT take their word when they say they are a one-stop design firm. It's probably our bad luck to get the PM which we did, complete lack of experience and knowledge on managing a construction/renovation project. Absolutely clueless.

Anyway, my advice is not to engage this company if you like a fuss free, reliable renovation progress without several unwelcome shocks (to be realistic, some hiccups in a project can be expected).