Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starscream

Koong Yee Renovation Works

Hi All. Came across this company, there seems be a branch at Towner Road. Any experience with their renovation works?

Tks :yamseng:

Edited by Starscream

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All. Came across this company, there seems be a branch at Towner Road. Any experience with their renovation works?

who is the designer u met?

They've been around a long time. Did my Bishan Flat in 2000. OK lah. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Hi all, I am thinking of using this ID contractor as well. Anyone has any more comments? Really appreciate. Thanks in advance!! :)

we considered using them too, as they were recommended by the housing agent. got a quotation fm them, but in the end, din sign up with them. OK vibes, but not much design element; pricing was OK, but electrical works veered towards the high side.

we considered using them too, as they were recommended by the housing agent. got a quotation fm them, but in the end, din sign up with them. OK vibes, but not much design element; pricing was OK, but electrical works veered towards the high side.

Hi beany, why not sign up with them? Any reason behind? Their price reasonble?

Hi beany, why not sign up with them? Any reason behind? Their price reasonble?

hi shuseido, we didn't sign them because there were 'stronger contenders' for the 'tender' :P

the person who attended to us tried to map the quotation to our budget. unfortunately, the materials used wasn't really appealing to us. E.g. gypsum boards were used instead of plywood for most feature walls. if we insisted on using plywood, the pricing would've been pretty similar to other IDs we've met with better design elements. of course, the ID actually did tell us outright that cheaper materials will be used on those less important components so as to keep our cost low. So a plus point to them for their honesty. :)

hi shuseido, we didn't sign them because there were 'stronger contenders' for the 'tender' :P

the person who attended to us tried to map the quotation to our budget. unfortunately, the materials used wasn't really appealing to us. E.g. gypsum boards were used instead of plywood for most feature walls. if we insisted on using plywood, the pricing would've been pretty similar to other IDs we've met with better design elements. of course, the ID actually did tell us outright that cheaper materials will be used on those less important components so as to keep our cost low. So a plus point to them for their honesty. :)

Ahh... I see...

Any more comments? If not bad, I might proceed to sign with them soon. Pls let me know if you have any bad experiences with them. Thanks a lot!! :)

I have nothing but praise for Koong Yee Renovations , I am fortunate that I engaged them and they did a great job for me and despite of all the horror stories that I heard about contractors and their kind , I was pretty much spared of such worries with Koong Yee doing my job

I am fortunate to have Mr Steven Yong of Koong Yee handling my job , a pleasant man with lots of patience and clarity in explaining his work first to me before doing it and not to mention his honesty and utter professionalism

I feel that choosing a good ID is important , you might think that you have chosen a reputable company based on first impression which at times could turn out to be rather superficial and on top of that should you get a irresponsible ID , you can look in the mirror and say to yourself ' I am practically SCREWED '

The Renovation process not only involved clarity in communication but also a certain level of personality compatiblity and trust between your ID and yourself

it is somewhat like a partnership not unlike a dance so to speak, where both parties try not to step onto each other toes , if there is clear communication and understanding in discharging all the works and items stated in the agreed quote , the dance would be beautiful and should it be otherwise , then both parties will likely be dancing all the way to the small claim court with lots of screaming and vulgar words along the way

I am happy to have Mr Steven Yong of Koong Yee , he is someone who is responsible and honest and more importantly he gives his best for you

:)

Edited by speedkid

We went to their shop at Balestier for a viewing and and initial quote.

The people who attended to us were Eunice and Stan. V nice people and reasonable.

Since they were IDs, they are a little pricey but i believe they can mark it down a little.

If you were referred esp by agents, likely the referrer gets a commission. It would mean that you are paying a little more for that recommendation too.

yupz!

Edited by pausmiling