Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

what you mean up to 1 month from the date they give you keys? you mean to open the door and check for defects ah?

oh no no...u misunderstood me...i mean if you want to postpone the collection of keys...

for defacts..is 7days upon collection of keys or before any renovation work has started.... :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm...i think can only holdd off up to 1 month eh.... cos I wanted to postpone also, but the officer say up to 1 month from the date they give you....

haha.....excited to open door later!!!! can't wait to end work!! :drunk:

ok ok, so have you found your ID?

ok ok, so have you found your ID?

nop nop....only asked for 2 quotations and parents pressing for us to use our family contractor, cos more reliable...haven't have anything concrete yet though... but doing a budget reno... no $$ :bangwall:

Just a head up for those who might want to get jimmy textile curtain at Tanjung Katong mall. One of the man quote me off hand of $1,500 for day & night curtain for whole house. Mine is 87sqm's.

I feel it a bit exp. But maybe other place more exp?

Just a head up for those who might want to get jimmy textile curtain at Tanjung Katong mall. One of the man quote me off hand of $1,500 for day & night curtain for whole house. Mine is 87sqm's.

Day 1 curtains Nite 1 Curtains? hee hee.. no wonder expensive :P

Edited by herbman76

Day 1 curtains Nite 1 Curtains? hee hee.. no wonder expensive :P

I thought it 2 set too. But it one set.. u know curtain got 2 layer? the thinner one is day, and the thicker is nite.

So 1 set 2 layer cost $1500. This is exp?

I thought it 2 set too. But it one set.. u know curtain got 2 layer? the thinner one is day, and the thicker is nite.

So 1 set 2 layer cost $1500. This is exp?

I just kidding only :P I havnt really source around.

Anyway, My Sources for items are in my blog. This should not be against Forum policy i hope.

Edited by herbman76

They goes by the length, type of support, type of curtains, number of curtains and whether you looked like you can be chopped (I guess). Just came back from the Expo and got the same $1500+ quote for 4 room 92 sqm (all 4 rooms use day/nite curtain).

Walked over to the other side and 4 Room package for $1288.

Well, could be that the material is different...

I'll try the neighbourhood shop near Shop N save near our new place, lets see what are their quots

oh no no...u misunderstood me...i mean if you want to postpone the collection of keys...

for defacts..is 7days upon collection of keys or before any renovation work has started.... :D

Must be more specific....7 days or before renovation whichever is EARLIER.... so end up most people is 7 days unless day 1 you start reno work liao..

Must be more specific....7 days or before renovation whichever is EARLIER.... so end up most people is 7 days unless day 1 you start reno work liao..

Is this confirm? Whichever is earlier? Because its not stated on the form and if i didnt remb wrongly,the officer said as long as before renovation also can. Can someone kindly reconfirm this pls? Cos i went down today n spotted a few flaws with our naked eyes,such as a dent on the window, main door knocking against the wall causing the wall paint to fall off...

Is this confirm? Whichever is earlier? Because its not stated on the form and if i didnt remb wrongly,the officer said as long as before renovation also can. Can someone kindly reconfirm this pls? Cos i went down today n spotted a few flaws with our naked eyes,such as a dent on the window, main door knocking against the wall causing the wall paint to fall off...

quoting from HDB website on reno

"Upon collection of keys, flat owners should inspect their new flat and report any defects found in the flat within seven days upon receipt of the keys or before commencement of any renovation works."

nothing mentioned abt which ever earlier. (hmm... benefit should be given to us right) but as stated in previous post the BSC is not likely to know when you collect your keys... i do remember the Officer mentioned abt before reno also can....

From Sin Ming Daily sometime back on electricity for reference

electricity.jpg

something can help to look out what is causing so much for electricity for your reference

Edited by herbman76

Confirm one, it's in the HDB black and white as shown. Note: This is in the package given to you during key collection, together with 2 A4 paper stating no hacking of tiles at kitchen, bathroom, etc. You and your spouse signatures are on these documents!

1.png

Otherwise why you think I took days off last week to quickly do my defects checK? I mentioned to the Lady (jovi cheng of service center) that nobody informed myself and wife during the 1st appointment, and during the 2nd appointment upon collection of key, the HDB officer just briefly circle it. Luckily I came to renotalk, looked around then saw some threads that mentioned this clause.

However, there is of course give and take by the Office at the Service center (as discovered and mentioned by some earlier posts). I checked with her too and she says its 'depend'. But if you start renovation, then it will be more 'difficult'.

If some defects are inherent, example seal at windows breask during use, you got 1 year to report and they will repair these material defects. But if you look at my blog, for example the small crack at the bathroom door, if you didn't notice it then one day it may just crack off and HDB can say its caused by the contractors.

Now my worry is how to protect the door frames, door knobs during the renovation when people carry things and bang bang here, bang bang there...

Edited by Ideasmiths

quotinf from HDB website on [url=http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WPDi

something can help to look out what is causing so much for electricity for your reference

What the heck!

2 pieces of bread using the toaster cost $1.43 per day (left page, I think error)? Same as 8 hours of air-con ususage? Man, I better go eat $2 breakfast set at local kopitiam...hey! Come to think of it, I don't have a toaster? hee hee.

I also saved $0.24 per day from the 24 hours on Heater kettle. I bought one of those nice 2 minutes quick boil water kettle, then pour the water into the vacuum flash. So $0.24x 30 days = $7.20 per month? Good avings.

Edited by Ideasmiths

Confirm one, it's in the HDB black and white as shown. Note: This is in the package given to you during key collection, together with 2 A4 paper stating no hacking of tiles at kitchen, bathroom, etc. You and your spouse signatures are on these documents!

indicate after the circle portion

" .... within 7 days on reciept of th key or before any further renovation is carried out in the flat "

What the heck!

2 pieces of bread using the toaster cost $1.43 per day (left page, I think error)? Same as 8 hours of air-con ususage? Man, I better go eat $2 breakfast set at local kopitiam...hey! Come to think of it, I don't have a toaster? hee hee.

I also saved $0.24 per day from the 24 hours on Heater kettle. I bought one of those nice 2 minutes quick boil water kettle, then pour the water into the vacuum flash. So $0.24x 30 days = $7.20 per month? Good avings.

Yup it should be a typo hee hee think it should be $0.12 for toaster :)

Edited by herbman76

When I collected my keys, the officer did not highlight to me this clause. I asked her specifically on the "whichever is earlier", she said it is to prevent new home owners from delaying the defects reporting and taking their own sweet time. She went on to elaborate that as long as we report the defects before renovation starts then it is fine because their contractors also need time to rectify the defects. If you report defects after renovation has started, it is more difficult to assess the cause of the defects as it may be caused by the contractors you engaged.

Ok here's one point to make you feel better :D ... for some reasons, I have not submitted my defects checklist yet after almost a month from keys collection.