Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi, I need some help from anyone who is currently staying in LG. I saw 2 drain pipes (connected to the wall) in the MBR toilet. On of them is connected to the aircon ledge outlet. The other one is located near the MBR toilet bowl. Can anyone please help me check if there is this drain pipe in the common toilet? Cos I just check and suspect my tiler sealed the drain pipe of the common toilet accidentally. I suspect this drain pipe of the common toilet should be either on the left or right bottom of the toilet bowl.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, I need some help from anyone who is currently staying in LG. I saw 2 drain pipes (connected to the wall) in the MBR toilet. On of them is connected to the aircon ledge outlet. The other one is located near the MBR toilet bowl. Can anyone please help me check if there is this drain pipe in the common toilet? Cos I just check and suspect my tiler sealed the drain pipe of the common toilet accidentally. I suspect this drain pipe of the common toilet should be either on the left or right bottom of the toilet bowl.

Thanks.

if my memory serve me correct there should not be s drainage at the common toilet. My Air is installed at the wall behind the common toilet. I remember the technican having to drill thru to bring the pipe and drain off at the shower area.

the purpose for the drain pipe is such that the water from the A/C unit to be drain off to thru the MBR toilet.

I do remember for my unit there should be a pipe from kitchen to the service yard.

:)

Ventilation Fan: Although there is only 1 window for common toilet. I actually split half of it to do up the ventilation fan.

Air Con: You may go to IMM level 3, there are a few vendors like gain city etc which can offers relative reasonable pricing which includes installation for air con.

Basically 9000 BTu for rooms will be sufficient and 18000 BTU or max 22000BTu for living is also sufficient.

Okok, thanks! Any picture of how it looks like? need to call in contractor to do up a customize frame for the ventilator to "sit" in nicely? Thanks! :notti:

As for Rack, Tony did a good job for my bomb shelter also. I fixed up the biggest one which is about $190. Slightly smaller one is $160, you can see his leaflet pasted on lift door and etc. Mine is the brown colour one.

Hi. Your curtain is day & night or ..... :unsure:

My curtain is day and night, but only mbr night curtain is sun proof.( for sleeping in late)b2 is normal curtain ppl use for living, and day curtain are those thin translucent white curtain.All are full lenght.

Just a suggestion to improve the usefulness & comparativity of info & pricing provided by LGers: As the design/layout differs for the same room type, for eg, there are different versions of 4 room units, do add in your unit size with the expenditure item, either in your signature or in the post itself, as the space of your unit/room dictates the size of furnishing/renovation works which dictates their costing. This will greatly aid users in making a comparable costing analysis.

For the record, mine is a 4 room, the 97 m² version.

Live-in tip: Paint the foot of the master toilet door frame that faces the basin with water-proof paint - Mine is leeching iron oxide coz there is no shower screen.

Edited by DSA

I chose not to spend so much on the H/S store rack. Tony did my grey L-shaped L48"xH72"xW20" for $160. For the same dimension, Alan would charge $10 more and Fong Sheng Woodwork Industrial (FSWI) will charge around $200. However in the case of FSWI, 12mm plywood are used instead of 9mm. Depending on the color you choose - Grey, White or Brown, the prices may varies too. If you want to DIY, it will probably costs $60-$90 (my contractor's worker told me).

Are your curtains full length type? Tks.

I did a full length in the living room and the rest in 3 quater.

I just called Jovi and she confirmed that there are a total of 3 drain pipes.

The first one is from the MBR toilet to the aircon ledge.

The second one is from the heater to the MBR toilet (outlet is near the MBR toilet bowl).

The third one is from the conceal pipes to the service yard.

According to Jovi, the first and second can seal, but the third one cannot. This is because if there is any pipes that has a leakage, it will be leaking out to the service yard. So, my advice is to re-route that drain pipe to somewhere else if you are intending to use that area for sink cum cabinet like me.

Edited by frederick_chia

Blah. Had some of my cabinets taken back as parents weren't too satisfied with the colour.

Anyway, am thinking of moving in 3rd week nov, currently they are still doing the carpentry work. Would it be too soon for the curtain people to come down to take a look?

And also, how long do they take to do up the shelter shelving?

I can't wait for it to be more or less done, so I can start on my shopping on houseware accessories! There's a pretty shop at Great World City, something Denmark, sells really nice housewares.

I had used the "key" provided by HDB to turn the water to full, it helps abit. :notti:

Hi Blurer23,

What key are you using?

Currently i installed the instant heater for both of my bathroom.

However, I found that the water pressure is not strong even i am using one at a time.

Any remedy? :(

Blah, scrolled until my eyes are crossed (not as if online shopping makes my eyes crossed!)..

anyway, any contacts for good curtain makers?

And also, anyone did up their bomb shelter to have those metal racks for storage purposes? Any contacts?

Hi Simplelives,

I have done my curtains at Jia Le Textile (neighbourhood shop at serangoon central drive) and very happy with their service.

My curtains are day and nite for the living room, and roman shades for all the bedrooms.

Let me know if you wish to see some pictures. can snap and show it to you. For the price, it is quite reasonable. you can call Mr. Tan @ 98163907 for quotation. :notti:

Edited by SoS

Blah. Had some of my cabinets taken back as parents weren't too satisfied with the colour.

Anyway, am thinking of moving in 3rd week nov, currently they are still doing the carpentry work. Would it be too soon for the curtain people to come down to take a look?

And also, how long do they take to do up the shelter shelving?

I can't wait for it to be more or less done, so I can start on my shopping on houseware accessories! There's a pretty shop at Great World City, something Denmark, sells really nice housewares.

My curtain pple came down to take measurements when carpentry was still in progress, so I think it should not be a problem. :yamseng:

I also like the Denmark shop :P but the stuff are exp! There is another branch at City Hall.

Can anyone help on the shelving question as well? As in how long it takes to do up the shelter shelving? I should be calling Tony pretty soon.

Edited by effie

Hi Blurer23,

What key are you using?

However, I found that the water pressure is not strong even i am using one at a time.

Hi SoS:

I am using the key which is given in the letter box to turn the water inlet outside the main door to full.

Hi SoS:

I am using the key which is given in the letter box to turn the water inlet outside the main door to full.

But the key is just to open the riser door right?

Hi Blurer23,

What key are you using?

Any remedy? :(

Hi Simplelives,

I have done my curtains at Jia Le Textile (neighbourhood shop at serangoon central drive) and very happy with their service.

My curtains are day and nite for the living room, and roman shades for all the bedrooms.

Let me know if you wish to see some pictures. can snap and show it to you. For the price, it is quite reasonable. you can call Mr. Tan @ 98163907 for quotation. :notti:

Hmms.. apparently Mr Chew said that Bedok Central's windows are very long, so for roman blinds, need 4 panels or something and might look cluttered etc etc. Are roman blinds the same as roman shades? (Jeez, I think I learnt so many new things with his renovation!)