Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

hehe... so how did it go? mitsubishi pple manage to solve it?

Mitsubishi came and blamed it on Gain City. Gain City came and was commenting that if it's a leak in my living room aircon unit, it'd be tough cos I'd have to hack away all my stuff, including bits of the fake ceiling.. and I havent even moved in!!

Luckily they found out that its a huge leak in the piping of the aircon unit in the master bedroom. And managed to rectify it (hopefully!)..

The guy also said not to switch on all 4 units at one go, would spoil the compressor. Funny thing, if that's such a bad thing, why do they still sell 4 units to 1 compressor..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow!!! u are working in C&K! should give us VIP entry, the queue was terrible in the last sale!

There is no strictly VIP entry only....if u understand what I meant. We would not reject anyone who is here without any VIP card.

I would prefer to enjoy staff pricing on Pedro, although VIP entry wouldn't hurt at all either! Kekeke! Not into cross-dressing lah so C&K is not for me.

Trust me, our staff discount is much lesser than this warehouse sales pricing, be it Pedro or C&K.

Mitsubishi came and blamed it on Gain City. Gain City came and was commenting that if it's a leak in my living room aircon unit, it'd be tough cos I'd have to hack away all my stuff, including bits of the fake ceiling.. and I havent even moved in!!

Luckily they found out that its a huge leak in the piping of the aircon unit in the master bedroom. And managed to rectify it (hopefully!)..

The guy also said not to switch on all 4 units at one go, would spoil the compressor. Funny thing, if that's such a bad thing, why do they still sell 4 units to 1 compressor..

Huh? Thought System 4 is supposed to work like that, ie, 4 to 1?

Im also going to SITEX to hunt for LCD TV for the living rm. Looking at Samsung Series 6 40", the one with the red crystal design! Alternatives include Sharp A65 series, Sony S series. Initially thought Philips 54 series is nice but my wife dun like the plastic border look.

Any other recommendations from any1?

Interesting purchase decision process. Let me find out more:

What attributes of a TV is most important to you? A TV that looks good?

Or one that provides superb picture quality?

Hint: It's a TV, not a piece of installation art.

Huh? Thought System 4 is supposed to work like that, ie, 4 to 1?
意思浅浅: Either their installation or that particular model of Mitsubishi air-con system model not good at all. Edited by DSA

very dangerous. The guy sounds like trying to sweep everything under the carpet. Better test with 4 units all ON to check leak / trip now instead of after u shifted in. Surprisingly no one tested the aircon immediately after it's installed? Supposed to demo for u to see then they can leave, SOP isn't it.

My installer demo all units ON ok before they can leave. Afterwhich I also ON for 3-4hours full power (18degC) to make sure no wetness in the pipes, proper water discharge from outlet.

What he meant is... not to turn on all 4 units all at once. Turn on the first unit, then give an interval of 10 minutes before turning on the next unit and so on until all units are up and running.

Edited by LimeGreen

Im also going to SITEX to hunt for LCD TV for the living rm. Looking at Samsung Series 6 40", the one with the red crystal design! Alternatives include Sharp A65 series, Sony S series. Initially thought Philips 54 series is nice but my wife dun like the plastic border look.

Why dun you consider Samsung 7 series 40", i think might be better as the model is newer. Alternative Sony X series (i think the model is A300) also not bad as it is make in Japan. But i heard they are going to discontinue the model.

BTW, saw your blog and realise you have put a 3 pcs mirror in your living room. How must did your ID quoted you for this? :yamseng:

Hi Everyone!

This is a great thread for LG residents! Very informative & current~

I am a one of LG latest member , my place is a 4rm @ 221C, currently undergoing reno..

Hope I get to know some of you in this forum in the near future..

Cheers~~!

you have to look at the capacity of the compressor. if the overall output is more the what your compressor can take then it is stressing the compressor.

r you getting the compressor for sys 4? i understand that a few sys 4 are quite big and cant go thru the window...

Hi Everyone!

I am a one of LG latest member , my place is a 4rm @ 221C, currently undergoing reno..

Cheers~~!

Welcome!!

I am a one of LG latest member , my place is a 4rm @ 221C, currently undergoing reno.. Hope I get to know some of you in this forum in the near future..
Our Linear Green group on FaceBook is a :good: superior virtual community to do the above.

'Cause it puts a face & more to the RenoTalkers we see in this thread.

Have u book a slot for yourself? :sport-smiley-004:

we're only aiming for Samsung Series 4 37"... think that's good enuff for us... haha

hmm... my aircon installation is this coming friday... now really wonder if i should take leave to be there to see see look look... hmm

Hi Everyone!

Cheers~~!

Hi. Welcome!!!! i add you to the family tree. u are the 70th!

my aircon installation is this coming friday... now really wonder if i should take leave to be there to see see look look... hmm

Please do! i feel it a MUST. unless you trust ur ID and he willing to see for you lo :)

Yup, have gotten the compressor for 4 units, and even 'upgraded' it to a higher btu or something. He didn't say cannot switch on 4 units at 1 go, he did mention that for a few hours, it is fine but it'd get taxing on the compressor if it is for long... so, guess pretty reasonable explaination.

Anyway, good idea to be around when they are installing the aircon.

Cos some of the guys might get lazy and perhaps test run it for 1 minute or so, make sure that there's air coming out and hoodwink my poor ole father to thinking that everything's fine and that they can go off already..

But anyway, nice cool air now !! Heh

Btw, the carpark near 221A, the carwash uncle pretty pro eh, he has got his own lil corner with a desk too. Approached me yesterday and its S$40/mth; S$5/time. But I've got phobia against a pail of water to wash 10+ cars.

Anyone been to SITEX alrdy? any good deals for the TV? haha

Considering Samsung Series 6 and Sharp's 42A850M...

By the way anyone saw samsung's series 6 which is the ultra thin model? think its model end of with 680 or wat...

Will be droppin by tis wkend to have a look and hopefully get some good deal(S)! :sport-smiley-003: