Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mi lOr

Our Small Small But High High Nest @ Toa Payoh

Looks like you managed to squeeze in the dresser + wardrobe in your room. Frameless bed does save space considering that room size is not big to begin with. :)

I like how the floor tiles look in straight lines in the living room based on your floor plan. Makes living area look bigger now that I can see it. :)

let me share my floor plan with you all..

ourfloorplan.jpg

tried my best to size everything to scale but still not very accurate... :unsure:

anyway all the furniture and designs are there except for the 2 bedrooms which is still pending.. i just add in to have a feel of the arrangment..

comments anyone?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Looks like you managed to squeeze in the dresser + wardrobe in your room. Frameless bed does save space considering that room size is not big to begin with. :)

I like how the floor tiles look in straight lines in the living room based on your floor plan. Makes living area look bigger now that I can see it. :)

yah.. the most headache place is the MBR as its really very small. me and gf tried very hard to decide how to place the various stuffs while fending off the constant "psyco" of the contractor to hack the walls of another room..

you are right too.. the floor tiles is chosen and laid with that concept in mind, ie to make the living hall look longer and bigger.. :thumbs up:

hot from the oven!

DSC00094-1.jpg

sneak preview of my kitchen!

its glossy orange actually but it seems to be like red instead in the pic..

oh one more thing.. the table should be in white actually! the contractor forgot about it and now the table top is black!! :jawdrop:8| dunno how we are going to resolve this... :dunno:

Edited by mi lOr

nice your kitchen :)

Your contractor made the mistake le, is it in B/W that you asked for the countertop to be in white? if yes, then you better tell your contractor to rectify the mistake cos its the loss borne by him not you.

yah.. the most headache place is the MBR as its really very small. me and gf tried very hard to decide how to place the various stuffs while fending off the constant "psyco" of the contractor to hack the walls of another room..

you are right too.. the floor tiles is chosen and laid with that concept in mind, ie to make the living hall look longer and bigger.. :thumbs up:

hot from the oven!

DSC00094-1.jpg

sneak preview of my kitchen!

its glossy orange actually but it seems to be like red instead in the pic..

oh one more thing.. the table should be in white actually! the contractor forgot about it and now the table top is black!! :jawdrop:8| dunno how we are going to resolve this... :dunno:

thats great! looking forward to your pics!

Your contractor should bear the cost of changing to white for you. His mistake anyway.

let me share my floor plan with you all..

ourfloorplan.jpg

tried my best to size everything to scale but still not very accurate... :unsure:

anyway all the furniture and designs are there except for the 2 bedrooms which is still pending.. i just add in to have a feel of the arrangment..

comments anyone?

Hey hi, great job for a small space. Btw, did you pay for this Floor Planner programme? I have signed on as a free member but could not get it to work...wonder why? Cannot seems to load my floor plan it seems :help:

This floor planner is free le but i think there is a problem with the software programming. I also had problems with loading my saved floor plan or saving any changes made to it. It was taking long to load or save or even didn't load properly. So I gave up on it

This floor planner is free le but i think there is a problem with the software programming. I also had problems with loading my saved floor plan or saving any changes made to it. It was taking long to load or save or even didn't load properly. So I gave up on it

Hey Bun Bun, thanks for the info. No wonder try and try...nothing happened. sianz. Btw, do you know IKEA has similar software on their website for you to create your 'space planning' with their furniture? I had so much fun creating my kitchen and WIW :)

I saw you bought curtains from JB huh? They deliver for free? Is it really cheaper? I went to one named HOME something at Tebrau City but have yet to do any pricing research here in Singapore. But I know curtains are not cheap lah.

Hello ilmare612, no prob about that. Ya i know about Ikea's kitchen planning software. Tried that out before. But I think colour co-ordination and pricing are the main factors that plans the outlook of the kitchen cabinet with the colour of the kitchen walls. :P

Yep I got the main bulk of my furniture & curtains from JB but from separate sources though. This curtain source is a relative's friend & the curtains were delivered to my place. There was no mention of the delivery charges in the total bill though, believe its 'cos of my relative probably. :dunno:

Ya it is cheaper to do in JB. Total cost is around 1k+ SGD (RM2.4k) for the following items:-

Living room - Double tracks, 1 set of curtains & 1 lace curtain

1 set of String Curtains as divider btwn living & dining area

Roller bind w/o blackout for study room

Rollerbind with blackout for 3 bedrooms, including 1 side curtain with velcro stick-on for the small window ledge in the MBR

Hey Bun Bun, thanks for the info. No wonder try and try...nothing happened. sianz. Btw, do you know IKEA has similar software on their website for you to create your 'space planning' with their furniture? I had so much fun creating my kitchen and WIW :)

I saw you bought curtains from JB huh? They deliver for free? Is it really cheaper? I went to one named HOME something at Tebrau City but have yet to do any pricing research here in Singapore. But I know curtains are not cheap lah.

Edited by BunBun

Hello ilmare612, no prob about that. Ya i know about Ikea's kitchen planning software. Tried that out before. But I think colour co-ordination and pricing are the main factors that plans the outlook of the kitchen cabinet with the colour of the kitchen walls. :P

Yep I got the main bulk of my furniture & curtains from JB but from separate sources though. This curtain source is a relative's friend & the curtains were delivered to my place. There was no mention of the delivery charges in the total bill though, believe its 'cos of my relative probably. :dunno:

Ya it is cheaper to do in JB. Total cost is around 1k+ SGD (RM2.4k) for the following items:-

Living room - Double tracks, 1 set of curtains & 1 lace curtain

1 set of String Curtains as divider btwn living & dining area

Roller bind w/o blackout for study room

Rollerbind with blackout for 3 bedrooms, including 1 side curtain with velcro stick-on for the small window ledge in the MBR

oh wow. good buy indeed. I have yet to decide what kind of curtain 'type' to use as I think there are two kind? With rod or with tracks right?

Any comments about boxing-up the sewage pipe in the toilets? I am very particular about things that stick out like a sore thumb. I have heard some people who discourage this as they said it will not last or not permitted by HDB actually. Would love to hear some ideas and feedback. How else to conceal those ugly pipings?? :(

Other than the rod, track types, some people choose to have roman blinds or roller binds. Sometimes there is the occasional preference for shutters too. Its a matter of preference for you. :)

You can opt to do box up of the pipes but the disadvantage of boxing up pipes is that you will spend more to break apart the box up should the pipe be damaged and requires immediate repair. That's one factor why I didn't do box up of the pipes for my toilets. For HDB requirement, why don't you do a direct check with HDB over the box up pipe?

oh wow. good buy indeed. I have yet to decide what kind of curtain 'type' to use as I think there are two kind? With rod or with tracks right?

Any comments about boxing-up the sewage pipe in the toilets? I am very particular about things that stick out like a sore thumb. I have heard some people who discourage this as they said it will not last or not permitted by HDB actually. Would love to hear some ideas and feedback. How else to conceal those ugly pipings?? :(

Edited by BunBun

Other than the rod, track types, some people choose to have roman blinds or roller binds. Sometimes there is the occasional preference for shutters too. Its a matter of preference for you. :)

You can opt to do box up of the pipes but the disadvantage of boxing up pipes is that you will spend more to break apart the box up should the pipe be damaged and requires immediate repair. That's one factor why I didn't do box up of the pipes for my toilets. For HDB requirement, why don't you do a direct check with HDB over the box up pipe?

yeah, think will most likely check with HDB but how often can that sewage pipe have problem?? hmm I am clueless :drunk:

SOrry to butt in, but actually for Blk 79 TPY, all the sewage pipes are already boxed up by HDB, pretty cool but must take care not to be home for the 4-legged friends. The only pipe that is visible is the drainage pipe in the kitchen, which will likely be covered up by the kitchen cabinet :)

if you are considering between rod and track i'll recommend rod. coz its easier to change as just need to button/unbutton. track kind still need to take out the metal hooks which can be very troublesome, esp when the hooks start to rust...

box up the piping will certainly enhance the appearance but be prepared that the toilet will look smaller than you expected.

Your contractor should bear the cost of changing to white for you. His mistake anyway.

the last installment is still with me so i'll make sure that the contractor do something about it..