Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hihihi

4 Gang Rocker Switch

Hi,

Does anyone seen this type of rocker switch before? Perhaps no need so designer-like. Website I found are mostly 3 gang from Clipsal, MK and Legrand. Need a 4 gang one.

switch1clipsaliv9.jpg

switchmkkh7.th.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi H4Happy,

Thanks for the wonderful picture, that is what I am looking for. So it actually exists!

I will go hardware shops to look for it then. Brand is "T&J" (sounds like Tom & Jerry)... hehe

H4Happy, how come your switches are so flat and flushed with the surface?

Was it fixed onto a hollow board?

H4Happy, how come your switches are so flat and flushed with the surface?

Was it fixed onto a hollow board?

eh, I'm not an expert, but I see my new flat are all like that flushed, for conceal wiring, no?

Yes, when you dig out, it is hollow and all the wire are conceal inside the hole with a kind of metal or plastic casting...sorry I am not an expert either..happened to see my electrician do the installing.

eh, I'm not an expert, but I see my new flat are all like that flushed, for conceal wiring, no?

Ok found some info:

When u dig open the switch, the wall is actually got a space, and u will actually see this box inside the wall, with some wires.

143.jpg

this is the conceal wiring point. Then u fix the wires to the switch's face-plate, which will then either click-in or screw into the box (see the holes for the screws from the picture), covering the hole. There u will have a flushed switch face-plate. Of coz there are other design as well... nicer = more expensive = probably more flushed.

Edited by hihihi

Hi,

Does anyone seen this type of rocker switch before? Perhaps no need so designer-like. Website I found are mostly 3 gang from Clipsal, MK and Legrand. Need a 4 gang one.

switch1clipsaliv9.jpg

switchmkkh7.th.jpg

Buy Legrand one.... they got 4 gang rocker, exactly the same as the pic posted by the 'h4happy'.

Get it from Choo Chiang. Confirm got sell. and its cheap!!!

Ok found some info:

When u dig open the switch, the wall is actually got a space, and u will actually see this box inside the wall, with some wires.

143.jpg

this is the conceal wiring point. Then u fix the wires to the switch's face-plate, which will then either click-in or screw into the box (see the holes for the screws from the picture), covering the hole. There u will have a flushed switch face-plate. Of coz there are other design as well... nicer = more expensive = probably more flushed.

I've been quite upset about my renovation. (Yes, I want to start a blog to say my piece soon)

Learning from friends who came over for housewarming, reading from this forum is making it worse.

My renovation was completed a few months ago, Is concealed wiring something extra that you have to pay for? I find it quite ridiculous that I paid few hundreds for cornices on the ceilings and yet I see wire casings on the wall leading to the switches, which is anything but FLAT ...

picture002gk5.th.jpg

picture003as2.th.jpg

I should really start a blog to let people know what they can be expecting from a renovation, what are the options, what is the standard, what's nice, what's not, what's bad ...

I've been quite upset about my renovation. (Yes, I want to start a blog to say my piece soon)

Learning from friends who came over for housewarming, reading from this forum is making it worse.

My renovation was completed a few months ago, Is concealed wiring something extra that you have to pay for? I find it quite ridiculous that I paid few hundreds for cornices on the ceilings and yet I see wire casings on the wall leading to the switches, which is anything but FLAT ...

picture002gk5.th.jpg

picture003as2.th.jpg

I should really start a blog to let people know what they can be expecting from a renovation, what are the options, what is the standard, what's nice, what's not, what's bad ...

I personally think that there is nothing we can do about that as we are not allowed to drill holes on the walls to conceal the wiring and the points.

picture002gk5.th.jpg

picture003as2.th.jpg

u cannot have concealed wiring if it never comes with the flat.

so dun expect contractors to do miracles.

Lawry,

Just to clarify.

Old style flats all the electrical wires are exposed, meaning that you run your wires by means of trunking (i.e that plastic long squarish pipe), from the distribution box (there's a circuit breaker box usually located behind your main door). Electricians have to connect wires from this box to every corners of your house for lightings, electrical points etc using trunkings. They cannot do conceal.

Only new style HDB, dunno which year they started, HDB flats starts to have conceal wiring. Means that HDB built the flats with the wires already conceal into the ceilings and walls from your distribution box. They'll give u a map tell u where the concealed wire goes. (By Right), electrician cannot do new conceal wiring if they need to shift electical points (only HDB can do it).. (By Left), most pple shift and still conceal the wiring.

Buy Legrand one.... they got 4 gang rocker, exactly the same as the pic posted by the 'h4happy'.

Get it from Choo Chiang. Confirm got sell. and its cheap!!!

Do they have coloured ones instead of white?

u cannot have concealed wiring if it never comes with the flat.

so dun expect contractors to do miracles.

I personally think that there is nothing we can do about that as we are not allowed to drill holes on the walls to conceal the wiring and the points.

Lawry,

Just to clarify.

Old style flats all the electrical wires are exposed, meaning that you run your wires by means of trunking (i.e that plastic long squarish pipe), from the distribution box (there's a circuit breaker box usually located behind your main door). Electricians have to connect wires from this box to every corners of your house for lightings, electrical points etc using trunkings. They cannot do conceal.

Only new style HDB, dunno which year they started, HDB flats starts to have conceal wiring. Means that HDB built the flats with the wires already conceal into the ceilings and walls from your distribution box. They'll give u a map tell u where the concealed wire goes. (By Right), electrician cannot do new conceal wiring if they need to shift electical points (only HDB can do it).. (By Left), most pple shift and still conceal the wiring.

I understand that only the new flats come with concealed wires. But I didn't see any exposed wires or wire casing at my friend's 20 year old resale flat, even aircon ducts, trunkings and water piping. They were all intelligently concealed, probably done (by left) by drilling holes in the walls, or (by right), attach another layer of wall to hide the wires and trunkings behind. :dunno:

Whichever it is, I've seen more than 1 resale flat with concealed wiring.

Edited by lawry

eu09aw.jpg

Legrand switches: phone point SCV point, 12A point, 1,2,3,4 Gang switches

Door Bell from Choo Chiang

2cxvtr7.jpg

Ventilation fan - bathroom

I bought the lightings on ebay. Self-assembled. This is a 30-piece 40cm Inter-quarilateral (IQ) lamp. You can view on the write-up at this link,

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...50&start=60

Price: S$52 for 2 lamp. Bulb you can buy energy-saving type.

Preferably use 20W or less if use only for illuminating purpose (e.g reading beside your bed etc)

Ikea also sell similar material/type, but don't look nice.

Side view from master bedroom

6f5lde.jpg

lighting

I understand that only the new flats come with concealed wires. But I didn't see any exposed wires or wire casing at my friend's 20 year old resale flat, even aircon ducts, trunkings and water piping. They were all intelligently concealed, probably done (by left) by drilling holes in the walls, or (by right), attach another layer of wall to hide the wires and trunkings behind. :dunno:

Whichever it is, I've seen more than 1 resale flat with concealed wiring.

old flats still can conceal wirings. this one must depend on the layout of the flat itself, the skills of your electrician/contractor and where are the electrical points.

some points happened to be able to draw wires from the other side of wall. so u will only see the sockets and no external casing.

some points or air con truckings can be concealed using boards and patch up nicely to blend on the wall.

But no matter what, for old flats, sure got some external wires casing you can see somewhere. No way can be 100% all concealed.