Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flyingballoons

Sanctuary By The Nature

Hi flyingballoons,

Collecting keys soon??? There isn't much defects.. i think the developer has done a good job!

just that the skirting colour of my unit is really horrid! the colour doesn't match with the

parquet floor.

Am engaging two contractor/ID cos am doing a country theme house.

Got Boon Siew Interior to do most of the work, and got Cottage Craft do up a fireplace cum TV console.

Thanks! Need all the luck hehe cos am running a tight schedule as i need to move in early july

due to the "auspicious" date which my MIL has selected!

hi isasoap... same comments! the skirting in our unit is also weird, kinda greenish in colour!! that was our main defect, the other one minor, the towel hanger in the MRB was loose... did you get FCL to repaint it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi isasoap... same comments! the skirting in our unit is also weird, kinda greenish in colour!! that was our main defect, the other one minor, the towel hanger in the MRB was loose... did you get FCL to repaint it?

Hi Patsy

We have EXACTLY the same problem!

The skirting is greenish.. and the hanger was loose.. ours was the toilet paper holder was loose..

but the left panel windows of my two bedrooms cannot be closed securely. there should a "click" sound

when u lock it properly...

Got the FCL people to come and repaint and it is taking them FOREVER. my hubby was there

and he saw them doing it.. they will mix the colouring till it is the right tone and then using

the paintbrush (those art and craft paintbrush!) to slowly brush over the skirting.. like an artist painting. There was only one person doing

it. So.. VERY slow.

But after the repainting, the colour look more acceptable..

Edited by isasoap

Hi Patsy

We have EXACTLY the same problem!

The skirting is greenish.. and the hanger was loose.. ours was the toilet paper holder was loose..

but the left panel windows of my two bedrooms cannot be closed securely. there should a "click" sound

when u lock it properly...

Got the FCL people to come and repaint and it is taking them FOREVER. my hubby was there

and he saw them doing it.. they will mix the colouring till it is the right tone and then using

the paintbrush (those art and craft paintbrush!) to slowly brush over the skirting.. like an artist painting. There was only one person doing

it. So.. VERY slow.

But after the repainting, the colour look more acceptable..

oh shoot.. i didn't even think of checking the windows!!! well, we haven't officially gotten the keys yet (June 16) so still got time!!! I better let hb know...

BTW, are you going to change the toilet paper holder in the MBR bathroom? They gave like the lousiest quality for the masters bathroom... even the maid's bath is nicer!

diva - i've seen your blog.. great work! wish i had the patience to do that! all i have is a trusty notebook :) or maybe i'm just old, haha

Edited by patsy_sg

Hi patsy..

i thought of changing the towel rack in the MBR toilet cos i dun think it is big enough for us..

but then my hubby is afraid that if we take out the existing fixture, it might "hurt" the marbles...

if not done properly.. marble might crack..

u might want to check with the FCL people at the management office if we can do that. they are pretty strict!

hehe when is your wedding day? congrates :yamseng:

mine is coming soon also, in Sep.. =p

hope to see more nice pics from you soon

Oh! thanks! Congrats to you too! my AD is in Oct ;)

Just finished with the photoshoots... wedding preps and house preps together is xiong! =)

wow your house is 100% liao! that's fast... =)

How is your wedding prep getting along? Or is Mrs Yang Guo-to-be handling that? :)

I'm still waiting for ID to give me 3D drawings eh... will post them when I get them!

:yamseng:

Hi patsy..

java script:emoticon(':deal:', 'smid_12')

:deal:

i thought of changing the towel rack in the MBR toilet cos i dun think it is big enough for us..

but then my hubby is afraid that if we take out the existing fixture, it might "hurt" the marbles...

if not done properly.. marble might crack..

u might want to check with the FCL people at the management office if we can do that. they are pretty strict!

We will only collect keys in July! still waiting and waiting...

First time home buyers here...so not sure what defects to look out for! Thanks your tip, we'll look out for the skirtings to see if the colour is ok...

When is your reno starting? :D So exciting!

BTW we are next block to you.. haha.. blk 89. you+hubby in blk 87 right? Pool facing unit as well?

wah 1 million! but worth the buy lar. i did a reno blog which might have some useful info. u can check it out when u r free. :P

http://diva79.blogspot.com

Thanks DIVA! That's a lot of research done! Think it'll definitely come in useful for us!

Hi Flyingballoons,

We just started our reno on Monday.

the units on my floor are now all renovating. hehe except one.

Yuppers we are in blk 87.. but not pool facing. facing the choo choo train!

had wanted the reserve facing but sold out already when i bought my unit about 1.5 yrs back.

do u plan to do the pulley system for your laundry?? saw one unit above mine has a set.

can push it out of the yard... think the normal bamboo hanger won't work cos the yard

is in a sq shape..

And congrats on ur BIG DAY!!! must be really exciting!

Hi Flyingballoons,

We just started our reno on Monday.

the units on my floor are now all renovating. hehe except one.

Yuppers we are in blk 87.. but not pool facing. facing the choo choo train!

had wanted the reserve facing but sold out already when i bought my unit about 1.5 yrs back.

do u plan to do the pulley system for your laundry?? saw one unit above mine has a set.

can push it out of the yard... think the normal bamboo hanger won't work cos the yard

is in a sq shape..

And congrats on ur BIG DAY!!! must be really exciting!

Oh that's good! finally can start on RENO~

I just went to Aussino yesterday and bought alot of stuff for our new home! The sale is really good! :notti:

How does the pulley system work? Btw, does it spoil the look of our units if the clothes are pushed out of the yard? :(

I think we might just use a dryer so that we don't have to hang up our stuff... not very sure yet~

heheehhe

there are some residents already hanging their clothes on the balcony...(converted from planter)

some just hang onto the windows.. since there is this small metal grille across the panel.

for the pulley system hanger, you can pulled the hanger down and hang your clothes on the racks. then push it out of the window..

Wow did i see 1 mill?

Thought the quality of the fixtures that come with condo is supposed to be worth the price paid psf? Seems condos also have problems besides HDB flats wor. :jawdrop:

heheehhe

there are some residents already hanging their clothes on the balcony...(converted from planter)

some just hang onto the windows.. since there is this small metal grille across the panel.

for the pulley system hanger, you can pulled the hanger down and hang your clothes on the racks. then push it out of the window..

oh no...that makes the balcony really ugly...

i really have no idea why residents would do that to destroy the beautiful facades of the place...

sigh...

I think we'll use a dryer and not hang our clothes out... i feel it's better to preserve the looks of the entire development...

Wow did i see 1 mill?

Thought the quality of the fixtures that come with condo is supposed to be worth the price paid psf? Seems condos also have problems besides HDB flats wor. :jawdrop:

hi Bunbun,

from what I understand from our future neighbours to be, they mentioned they had some probs with the skirtings... I'm not sure what kind of defects HDB has because I have never bought a HDB flat before... This is my first home with my hubby :)

Edited by flyingballoons

Hi Flyingballoons,

hehe agree with u!! but also no choice cos the balcony receives the most sunlight as it is the only "exposed" part.

so far development looks ok.. very clean and it is very quiet at night.. a great place to relax. the developer is great. i just came back from there.. really love it at night.. very serene.

hi Bunbun,

i think the location also plays a part in the pricing.. becos if you love nature, you will love the raintree. it is right beside the bukit timah hill. very serene, peaceful and quiet. but if you like convenience, or places that are more accessible.. hheehe maybe u will find this development a bit ulu...

Hi Flyingballoons,

hehe agree with u!! but also no choice cos the balcony receives the most sunlight as it is the only "exposed" part.

so far development looks ok.. very clean and it is very quiet at night.. a great place to relax. the developer is great. i just came back from there.. really love it at night.. very serene.

hi Bunbun,

i think the location also plays a part in the pricing.. becos if you love nature, you will love the raintree. it is right beside the bukit timah hill. very serene, peaceful and quiet. but if you like convenience, or places that are more accessible.. hheehe maybe u will find this development a bit ulu...

Yeah... I love going there at night... what made me fall in love with the place was also the night view... very quiet and peaceful... no other condo or building in sight... it's like going home to a sanctuary :) After a stressful day at work, you really feel relaxed when you come home to a place like this...

Yeah... I love going there at night... what made me fall in love with the place was also the night view... very quiet and peaceful... no other condo or building in sight... it's like going home to a sanctuary :) After a stressful day at work, you really feel relaxed when you come home to a place like this...

same here!!!! it just seems so peaceful and quiet.. we do get the train sound but quite quick, less than 1 minute I think...

wah lau..hehe u describe until i really feel like going there now to enjoy the place :horse:

the nature reserve is nice place. there's a museum and a very pictureseque quarry too.

does the choo choo train run at fixed intervals? is it very loud?