Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ben77

Is This Quote Reasonable? Please Advise

Hi everyone,

I received a quotation from an ID and had a heart attack when i saw the figure. (55k not incl. flooring !!!) :bangwall:

Can anyone with experience please let me know and point out which items are not reasonable and what a reasonable figure is.

Some background info: This is a 4 rm resale flat which needs to redo everything from bottom up as it is in near original condition. This means all windows, doors, grills etc must be removed. Thanks for looking.

I have the quote in excel but unable to attach. If any1 wants to take a look and comment on it, please PM me with yr email.

Thx.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Think u should wait for the quotation from a few more IDs to have a feel of the market rate. Some of the popular IDs in the forum are good according to forumers but that comes with a price. In the meantime, be patient ya :yamseng:

Hi everyone,

I received a quotation from an ID and had a heart attack when i saw the figure. (55k not incl. flooring !!!) :bangwall:

Can anyone with experience please let me know and point out which items are not reasonable and what a reasonable figure is.

Some background info: This is a 4 rm resale flat which needs to redo everything from bottom up as it is in near original condition. This means all windows, doors, grills etc must be removed. Thanks for looking.

I have the quote in excel but unable to attach. If any1 wants to take a look and comment on it, please PM me with yr email.

Thx.

well if its designer type of ID. i won't be surprised with the quote...

as redknapp has pointed out. get more quotes and compare.

i rem got a forummer shared with me her quote for standard flat is 20K, including the floorings, maybe she do very little carpentary bah...

Know your budget well and set it together with your spouse. Always try to keep the spending to a few thousands lesser than your budget limit, cause we have a tendency to overrun it and you might want to keep it for some additional works later on :)

Edited by Starscream

Even if the materials to be used are super grade, $55K for a 4-rm resale is still an overkill :jawdrop: .

It is better if you set a budget & try to keep to it. Bear in mind that as the reno progresses, the cost is likely to go up rather than come down. So, the 55K may cost much more later on.

One advice which I had received - & you may want to consider is to ask yourself how long you intend to own the place. If you have plans to sell, say, in a few years time, then you may want to weigh the cost of over-investing in it in case you cannot recover the $$ later on :bangwall: .

Try to get more quotes & good luck !

:yamseng:

Is that your first quote? You might want to get some more from other IDs and also contractors. IMO, contractor quotation is always cheaper than ID for the same things. To date, i have gotten > 10 quotes and am still comparing their pricing but at least i have obtained a common figure(+/-) for the things i wanted to do. Thus, those quotes that exceed way above that figure go straight to rubbish bin.

Hmmmm......i just completed my mansionette at lor ah soo and cost me abt 60k with a full renovation.

Any pics to show? I'll be renovating my EM too in a few months time.

Is that your first quote? You might want to get some more from other IDs and also contractors. IMO, contractor quotation is always cheaper than ID for the same things. To date, i have gotten > 10 quotes and am still comparing their pricing but at least i have obtained a common figure(+/-) for the things i wanted to do. Thus, those quotes that exceed way above that figure go straight to rubbish bin.

Any pics to show? I'll be renovating my EM too in a few months time.

yeah....i can email it to you if u want....i have this contractor redo the flooring to laminate floor, did the stairway, wardrobe and kitchen...Pm me your email address