Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GieGie

Hdb Housing Grant

We did not apply for the government housing grant when we bought our 1st house. If we sell this and buy another, do we still entitle to the 30k housing grant?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We did not apply for the government housing grant when we bought our 1st house. If we sell this and buy another, do we still entitle to the 30k housing grant?

bought ur current hse from open market or directly from HDB?

No, the housing grant is for the first-time buyers.

Ur first house from HDB or resale?

I also interested in the answer also. I'm owning a 3-roomer resale flat, no housing grant before. Intention to buy a 4 room flat. Preferably new one.

as u have not get the hse with any grant, you can still get a new one from HDB as every SIN'rean is entitled to 1 subsidised flat.

if u have gotten subsidise and wishes to get another flat from HDB then you will have to pay resales levy. In thousands

Yeah...coffee - kohi pretty much sums it up.

You are entitled to 1 subsidised flat (taking grant is same as getting a subsidised flat), so as long as you have not gotten any, you will be able to get it.

Presuming your 1st house is resale with no grant, mean you have not lost your 1st timer privilege. So you have either go for direct flat from HDB or resale with grant.

My advise is if you are able to get a direct flat (I know it's tough at current situation), it will be an idea choice (especially if you are sing CPF to service the loan). Just a personal opinion as I feel a direct flat comes with many advantages.

Of coz, there many be situation that do not allow you to do that. Also, remember you are entitled 2 times HDB loan only.