Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CutePinkElephant

How To Read A Compass

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Compass always points to the north, so ur arrow in this compass is pointing to the north. If u dun know where is north, just think of Malaysia to our north.

Edited by TYM

The spinning metal pointer will spin and point to the North. U shd then turn the green arrow to align with the pointer. Once the green arrow is aligned with the spinning pointer, than means where u look is correspond to the direction shown on the compass. U must always maintain arrow with the spinning pointer.

In your pix, u have aligned your green arrow to North already. That means.. the longer yellow line.. is pointing to North East direction.

Edited by yoongf

As in your picture. U don't move your compass anymore.

Now u re-orientate yourself. Now u stand facing the same direction as the green arrow. Your backside will be South. Your Left will be West. Your Right will be East.

thanks all , but i still dont understand :bangwall::bangwall:

this i stand straight to the main door.

isit am i right if i said my main door facing NE 40 degree? :dunno::dunno:

:help:

yupz...somewhere there.

MaCe can help me to read the exact degree? :dunno: the upper and botttom number how to use? am i right if i said NE48degree?

many thanks

from the picture hor - it says NE 44 deg not 48

which also means 艮 aka earth.

Hi Yoongf, if the North is lock one, am i still align the green arrow to the pointer?

means when i stand in a main door , i cannot stand straight because must follow the north?

sorry sorry im beri blurr one 8|8|

The spinning metal pointer will spin and point to the North. U shd then turn the green arrow to align with the pointer. Once the green arrow is aligned with the spinning pointer, than means where u look is correspond to the direction shown on the compass. U must always maintain arrow with the spinning pointer.

In your pix, u have aligned your green arrow to North already. That means.. the longer yellow line.. is pointing to North East direction.

NE 36 , 37 deg

Many THANKS MaCe :):)

thanks all , but i still dont understand :bangwall::bangwall:

this i stand straight to the main door.

isit am i right if i said my main door facing NE 40 degree? :dunno::dunno:

:help:

Think is necessary to clarify whether u are standing at the door frame, facing towards the inside of the apt, or facing outside. Some famous person went to the wrong side of the world due to this misunderstanding.

Think is necessary to clarify whether u are standing at the door frame, facing towards the inside of the apt, or facing outside. Some famous person went to the wrong side of the world due to this misunderstanding.

ya loh..i dont know how to read, and afraid will read wrong, so i play safe better to take a picture .

how i take is I stand straight in line my main door and put the compass in my hand, on a waist, and the compass shown like in a picture and same as i see.

any good type of compass to recommend? :bow::bow::help:

These days still got use compass meh? Many ppl use watches which have electronic compass, others use GPS liao.

Anyway.. cheap or expensive compass all work the same. If it works, it works. Expensive ones simply means more durable, it will work all the time. Cheap ones maybe knock a bit, stop spinning liao. Good ones got better magnetic insulation so that small metal objects nearby dun interfere with magnetic north. Beach Road market selling army things got many compass selection.