Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokoyoko

Energy Saving Lights

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well I think you should have seen that most shopping centers are all using energy saving bulbs. So you should know about the brightness of the bulbs.

And yes indeed they are very energy saving, but one word of caution is that the light produced will not be as bright as the conventional ones.

Cheers

Well I think you should have seen that most shopping centers are all using energy saving bulbs. So you should know about the brightness of the bulbs.

And yes indeed they are very energy saving, but one word of caution is that the light produced will not be as bright as the conventional ones.

Cheers

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.. its ok that the light is not as bright.. i mean i can use it for lights for those false ceiling n etc.. hope u get wat i mean... and i believe there are energy lights that are as bright as normal one.. if i not wrong...

or have u used before?

Basically LED lightings & fluorescent tubes hv better energy efficiency over conventional light bulbs & halogen bulbs.

The key is to hv energy efficient lightings.. Also known as energy saving bulbs, eco bulbs or energy efficient light bulbs, low energy bulbs which typically last longer & use much less electricity, which means you save $$$!

ted-light-bulb-shining-s.jpg

Commonly seen r spiral energy saving light bulbs fm Philips or Osram. The spiral designs r to ensure the maximum amount of light is dispersed. They start up quickly (unlike the older types), have a bright, warm-white light, and are all rated A under the EU Energy labelling scheme for maximum efficiency.

5-pack-energy-saving-bulbs.png

fyi, how was dat achieve?? The name tell it all, energy saving bulbs are actually Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs)

More imptly, to save $$$ & energy, u shld alwiz switch off the lights when they are not needed. :yamseng:

Edited by JuzChris

buy philips tornado energy saving bulbs - at 5watts they are VERY BRIGHT.

$5.50-$6.90

Hi,

thanks for the info.. heard philips gt sale during Sep yearly.. hmmm. :)

Cheers

Hi bro, wat type of conventional lights r u referring to? If it is Incandescent Lamps that ur conventional is referring to, then you might be wrong.

Cos those so call energy saving lamps in the market (Philips or Osram) are measured as energy saving because they are as bright as 8 pieces of Incandescent Lamps by at a much smaller wattage. That is why its called a Energy Saving Lamps.

So using energy saving lamps (Reputable ones) will really saves energy bcos they did a lot of R&D to ensure the products saves energy then they print on the packing boxes. Those house brand ones may differ as most shops gets China Factory to OEM for them a similiar outlook lamps as Philips or Osram but less their technology.

Hi,

thanks for the info.. heard philips gt sale during Sep yearly.. hmmm. :)

Heard this year they may have sales earlier in Aug...

Hi jtek,

Actually what i meant was that though the light bulb is said to be the same as like for e.g. a 16W = 60W conventional light bulb, but the brightness of the light bulb is somehow different in the sense for e.g. for warm lights, the 60W conventional light is more "warm" than the 16W. This is what my wife and I felt when we saw other family using the conventional lights. Well as for the brand, just for your infor, I am using Osram Aust light bulbs, so there should not be any issue regarding the made of the light bulbs.

Really, I don't really know how to discribe it, you should go see for yourself to know what i meant.

But since nowadays the elec. tariff is so high, I really strongly suggest getting the energy light bulbs.

Anyway. this is the effect of the energy saving lights.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/henrywoo1978/8.jpg

Hope this information helps.

Cheers

So using energy saving lamps (Reputable ones) will really saves energy bcos they did a lot of R&D to ensure the products saves energy then they print on the packing boxes. Those house brand ones may differ as most shops gets China Factory to OEM for them a similiar outlook lamps as Philips or Osram but less their technology.

:good::good::good: well said. looks SAME but doesnt function the SAME :sport-smiley-004:

Hi jtek,

Actually what i meant was that though the light bulb is said to be the same as like for e.g. a 16W = 60W conventional light bulb, but the brightness of the light bulb is somehow different in the sense for e.g. for warm lights, the 60W conventional light is more "warm" than the 16W. This is what my wife and I felt when we saw other family using the conventional lights. Well as for the brand, just for your infor, I am using Osram Aust light bulbs, so there should not be any issue regarding the made of the light bulbs.

Really, I don't really know how to discribe it, you should go see for yourself to know what i meant.

But since nowadays the elec. tariff is so high, I really strongly suggest getting the energy light bulbs.

Anyway. this is the effect of the energy saving lights.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/henrywoo1978/8.jpg

Hope this information helps.

Cheers

WOW Bro, ur home very nice leh. Nice lighting too, bright and warm.

As for the brightness visually, its very personal. So no right or wrong unless we are talking about the actual measurement of brightness in lux level, ha ha ha.

But i sure agreed that we must all switch to energy saving lamp to save pocket & save the earth... :)

:good::good::good: well said. looks SAME but doesnt function the SAME :sport-smiley-004:

Just stating facts cos a lot of products in Spore have imitated MIC (Made in Chxxx) ones liao. If we consumer do not start asking for real product, the $$$ hungry business man will keep bringing in fake or lower grade but same outlook products to sell us at attractive price.

Hi jtek,

Well yes the lighting is really quite personal, but its like a few of my friends did mention this, so I think maybe its fast becoming a fact.. hmmm...

Hey henry and all,

mind sharing where u bot all the energy saving lights? or any light shops will have rite.. haven went to any 1 yet.. soon... any pointers?

TIA :)

Hey henry and all,

mind sharing where u bot all the energy saving lights? or any light shops will have rite.. haven went to any 1 yet.. soon... any pointers?

TIA :)

ntuc, carrefour, even best denki....