Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
windy

Our Home!

I think i can go work in renovation industry liao :P the layout quite space constraint lor, more or less everybody will have sama sama idea haha if wan something different den gotta hack wall down liao but of cos hacking will cost $$ :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This weekend was really busy for us....

Finally went to open door on Sat morning. Both my FH and I couldn't sleep well the night before, we were too excited. Went to open door to our new flat at 8am....look around and checked for defects. We had our water supply activated, so we tested the shower. The shower head was leaking...so my FH tried to tighten it..but the quality was so bad that it breaks! Gonna report this to HDB this week.

Met up with our contractor to discuss the things we wanted to do and also went down to the tiles supplier to look see...Sort of decided on the tiles... but will double confirm again...After that we went down to The Furniture Mall to confirm the measurement of some items which we saw previously. Hearing all the raves in the forum about Morris Lifestyle, we drove down to Admiralty...but was disappointed by the sales person's attitude. Went down to Courts at Bukit Timah hoping to take the measurement of the sofa we wanted but too bad, it's no longer on display :( I think no choice...have to find another alternative...then on the way home..we went down to Brighton at TPY, didn't see anything we like again...

This morning, went to our flat again...this time with my parents cos they were excited to see too...then went to Alexandra Village to take measurement of the Fridge and washing machine that we wanted...then went down to the Furniture Warehouse at Labordor...was served by a young salesman...very attentive...saw a dining table that we like at Star Furniture but decided to KIV it first. Drove to Defu Furniture..but the place was kinda partially under reno and the service s*cks...After that, we drove to Ubi, went to NOVA furniture...didn't see anything we like too...We were kinda disappointed. But on the way back, we saw some nice bed displays at Sleeping Saloon at MacPherson and decided to take a final look. F

INALLY....We bought a bed frame, queensize bed and sofa from there....We were so happy...but I'm still thinking if we are buying on impluse cos our house will only be ready in about 2 to 3 mths' time...and we could have spend more time "researching" on the items we bought. But I'm glad that we finally found 3 items we like after travelling almost the whole of Singapore...We were quite happy about it...

Edited by windy

got take pix? :dribble:

No leh...was too tired yesterday..forgotten about taking pics. Anyway will be going back to choose the free quilt cover design in 2 weeks' time..will go take and post up..hee.. Really tiring leh...more weekends to burn...

Windy, dats not all yet, still got lightings, sanitary fittings and accessories, dinning accessories, electrical appliances, storage solutions etc :sport-smiley-004:

This morning woke up at 7am...to meet the contractor to "Dong Tu"...We want to start work before the 7th mth...Should be starting to do the electrical works and false ceiling this Fri...Also went down to branch office to report defects and apply for cement screeding for the bedrooms...

Found some time to upload the pics of my hse before reno...

From the entrance

Fromtheentrance.jpg

Kitchen - For the cabinet

Kitchen.jpg

Kitchen - Fridge and Gas heater will be here

Kitchen2.jpg

Living Rm - Sofa will be here

livingrm.jpg

Living Rm - TV console will be here

livingrm3.jpg

Edited by windy

View from my MBR window

viewfromMBR.jpg

Dining Area

dining.jpg

MBR - L-shape window

MBRwindow.jpg

MBR Toilet

MBRToilet.jpg

Common Toilet

commontoilet.jpg

Edited by windy

yeah...HDB coming to do cement screeding today... my reno will be starting too...hee...think tomorrow go down to take a look..

HDB did not turn up for the cement screeding on friday...my contractor's very angry with them...he needs to wait for HDB to do the cement screeding for the bedrooms before he can start laying tiles for the living room.

Anyway, just finalised the tiles on Saturday and decided on using the white homogenous tiles and black shimmering compressed marble for our foyer area which cost us $500 more than the normal homogenous tiles.. it was our contractor's suggestion but both of us love his idea... Will post up the tiles pics later...

Bought the kitchen sink, tap and cooker hob at Uned Bath Station (at Hougang). Recommended by a friend, the service was good and the boss gave good recommendations too.

Cuizino Cooker Hob

CookerHob.jpg

windy... Did your contractor question HDB for not turning up? HDB like to keep pple waiting.. check with u, uned bath station is carrying what brand? I tink most likely i getting mine from sim siang choon.. cant find another shop that carry the brands we wanted =<

( alamak dinno i using hubby id to post =p )

Edited by tckrto

windy... Did your contractor question HDB for not turning up? HDB like to keep pple waiting.. check with u, uned bath station is carrying what brand? I tink most likely i getting mine from sim siang choon.. cant find another shop that carry the brands we wanted =<

( alamak dinno i using hubby id to post =p )

hmmm...for the tap and sink, not sure what brands they carry leh...as for the cooker hob, i saw Rinnai, Turbo, Cuizino, Fujitoh. The boss said he supplied to some of our neighbours too, he recommend that the kitchen sink cannot be too big due to the space constraint..

This weekend was really busy for us....

Finally went to open door on Sat morning. Both my FH and I couldn't sleep well the night before, we were too excited. Went to open door to our new flat at 8am....look around and checked for defects. We had our water supply activated, so we tested the shower. The shower head was leaking...so my FH tried to tighten it..but the quality was so bad that it breaks! Gonna report this to HDB this week.

Met up with our contractor to discuss the things we wanted to do and also went down to the tiles supplier to look see...Sort of decided on the tiles... but will double confirm again...After that we went down to The Furniture Mall to confirm the measurement of some items which we saw previously. Hearing all the raves in the forum about Morris Lifestyle, we drove down to Admiralty...but was disappointed by the sales person's attitude. Went down to Courts at Bukit Timah hoping to take the measurement of the sofa we wanted but too bad, it's no longer on display :( I think no choice...have to find another alternative...then on the way home..we went down to Brighton at TPY, didn't see anything we like again...

This morning, went to our flat again...this time with my parents cos they were excited to see too...then went to Alexandra Village to take measurement of the Fridge and washing machine that we wanted...then went down to the Furniture Warehouse at Labordor...was served by a young salesman...very attentive...saw a dining table that we like at Star Furniture but decided to KIV it first. Drove to Defu Furniture..but the place was kinda partially under reno and the service s*cks...After that, we drove to Ubi, went to NOVA furniture...didn't see anything we like too...We were kinda disappointed. But on the way back, we saw some nice bed displays at Sleeping Saloon at MacPherson and decided to take a final look. F

INALLY....We bought a bed frame, queensize bed and sofa from there....We were so happy...but I'm still thinking if we are buying on impluse cos our house will only be ready in about 2 to 3 mths' time...and we could have spend more time "researching" on the items we bought. But I'm glad that we finally found 3 items we like after travelling almost the whole of Singapore...We were quite happy about it...

hi windy!

sounds like a very....bz week for u! so much travellin!!! but it's such an excitin time to shop around for items for the new place. the view @ ur place is really gd.......~~~envy......

i got my bed from Sleeping Saloon at MacPherson as well! my 1st item n was bought 2 mths in advance as well cos i tot it was quite a gd deal n i got the new hse owner syndrome (define as "worried tat gd deal will b gone"). though impulsive purchases, do make sure it doesn't clash wif ur bedroom design/colour before u confirm delivery.

windy, so you've got the same 'problem' as us. in the end dono when exactly will the cement screeding be done... 8|

Ya...they told us it was raining last fri..so cannot do.. Anyway, my contractor told me the materials for HDB cement screeding is in our hse already..so should be starting soon....

hi windy!

sounds like a very....bz week for u! so much travellin!!! but it's such an excitin time to shop around for items for the new place. the view @ ur place is really gd.......~~~envy......

i got my bed from Sleeping Saloon at MacPherson as well! my 1st item n was bought 2 mths in advance as well cos i tot it was quite a gd deal n i got the new hse owner syndrome (define as "worried tat gd deal will b gone"). though impulsive purchases, do make sure it doesn't clash wif ur bedroom design/colour before u confirm delivery.

Hi Apa, oh..you bought from which sales person from Bedding Saloon? We was served by the sales supervisor, Anjohn, he has good product knowledge and his service was great! Anyway, we love the bed frame we bought and it really suit our theme.